Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Operation Of Love

Angel Fire

Romance Freak, Cuddly Kitten
(This is a story that I had started a couple of years back. I am trying to find inspiration to write more of this and develop the characters even more. I have the first three parts written already so if you would like to see more, please comment and help me with the inspiration *Smiles and Hugs*)

Today is the first day in the rest of my life… and oh how wonderful this life has been! You may be thinking to yourself, why am I so happy and content about such a thing called life? Well... it’s a very sweet story that I would love to share with you. I know that you would like to get to know me first would you?

My name is Danielle Chandler and I am a nurse at Lockwood Hospital in Oakland, CA. I am not just any nurse but the nurse to the most wonderful doctor that I have ever had the pleasure of working with. But before we get to this wonderful doctor, I should let you know what I look like. I am 5’6, have a very athletic body with golden hair that reaches well down my back and I love to play around in many sports. Before I was in nursing school, I was the star shortstop for New Mexico State University. I had won many awards in sports but being a nurse? That was my calling. I loved to help people and try to heal all of the patient’s wounds but yet, there is one thing about me that kept me from getting the sweet and wonderful job that I had always wanted.

You see… I am quite shy. I still can’t believe that I am telling you all of this… but oh god, I just can’t keep this story to myself any longer. This doctor… changed my life and made me who I am today, but things did not start out as rosy as you might have thought.

My very first day at the hospital was so nerve racking. All of the doctors had interviewed me and sitting in my chair, I had tried to answer all of their tough questions. Luckily for me the answers were very easy and it had seemed that I had impressed them very well. As they finished my interview, they told me to meet up with a Dr. Alex Hinshaw and it was then that I had painted a picture deep inside of my mind.

I had pictured a grumpy old man with graying hair and someone who had seemed to be a total jerk. Those cringing thoughts kept creeping up in my mind those 10 months ago when I had walked into the hospital and knocked onto the door of Dr. Hinshaw’s office.

“Come in.” The voice had said in a businesslike tone. I could have sworn that I had heard another nurse inside of the office, because this voice was not what I could have expected at all. Nervously I had walked inside of the door and walking inside, I had seen a large desk with what had seemed to be a brunette haired man looking outside of the window. At least this guy seemed to be very young so that was one on my fears eliminated.

“Thank you. May I take a seat?” I had asked, still very nervously as slowly, Dr. Hinshaw turned around the seat and revealed… her face.

Her face?! Oh Gods, The doctor was a woman? I could not believe my eyes as I had seen her face. The studious look of business combined with the sweetest features on her face seemed to make me melt inside. Sure I had seen women doctors before but Dr.Hinshaw was so… beautiful to me.

“Yes, you may. You must be Danielle Chandler. I have been expecting you.” Alex said as she let out a soft nod of her head. “Lets get down to business, shall we?” She said not taking a second to say hi or even compliment me. Boy I was sure going to be in for long days ahead… or so I had thought.

Alex took some papers and a book out and set them down on the desk. “Here is your schedule and your duties for the day. You are expected to be on time, scrubbed up and ready to see me at 8 Am sharp for your shift. I do not appreciate tardiness. One minute lost is one less minute that we have to save our patients lives. We are on the same page in this regard… are we not, Nurse Chandler?” She said almost in a brash tone of voice.

Gods she had rubbed me the wrong way at first. In a way I should have expected this. Most of the doctors that I had worked with in nursing school were pretty cold hearted so this came as no surprise to me. All I could do was just nod my head in agreement to whatever this… Alex had to say.

“Good, now let’s get to work, shall we?” She asked, ready to get down to business

Was business all that she thought about? I sure had hoped not because if that was the case, I would dread working with her for a very long time.

Back
Top Bottom