Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

AMAZING Way cOOl Stuff!!!

siSSyfit-Boi

Planetoid
i was wondering if anybody had any experience painting their own figures and/or building garage kits?

Haruko.jpg

This is my latest hobby... Haruko Haruhara is a character from the anime Fooly Cooly (FLCL) an energetic, spontaneous pink-haired girl from outer-space and investigator for the Galactic Space Patrol Brotherhool/Stellar Fraternity. She rides a yellow Vespa motor scooter and wields a blue, left-handed, Rickenbacker bass guitar model 4001 (like the one used by Paul McCartney)... which, by the way, She promptly whacks on poor Naota's forehead (12 year old boy) to open a N.O. channel portal (which allows him to pass physical objects from one astronomically distant point to another by way of his head) to save "The Pirate King" Atomsk from the medical mechanica on Episode 6...

Anyway, the girl i was dating suggested i posted all this on a blog (instead to trying to explain this all to her...) GOOD IDEA!!!... i'm sure 100's of people are eager to learn all about this fascinating info...

THE *PRIZE* OF MY SCI-FI COLLECTION

The Swordfish II is a remodeled MONO racer (Machine Operation & Navigation of Outer space) Originally designed for high-speed racing, the craft was given armaments and converted into a space-ready fighter. Spike Spiegel used the Swordfish II for over a decade after obtaining it from Doohan prior to year 2071, who was responsible for most of the high performance modification made to the ship. After teaming up with Jet Black, Spike stored the Swordfish II in Bebop's hanger. The incredible speed of the Swordfish II enables the craft to rapidly overtake most other aircraft/spacecraft and the ship features numerous high-powered thrusters allowing for quick stops and instant changes in flight. These thrusters grant the craft V/STOL capabilities, lifting into the air with very little need for launch space. When landed, the two wings can be folded up and overtop the craft to make the Swordfish II easy to store inside a hanger or ship bay. Like most one-man MONO craft, the Swordfish II features a fully enclosed cockpit pod which can launch from the main body and has limited space flight capabilities.
swordfish2.jpg
Inside the colorful box is a typical BanDai kit - impeccibly molded, simple to assemble and fairly well detailed. There are two sprues of red plastic parts, one of black and another of clear, two trees with figures and two of polycaps and assorted joints. Detail is rather simplistic, but matches what's seen on screen (it is a cartoon ship, after all). There are no ejector pin marks or sinkholes any place where they'll be visible on the completed model, no flash and minimal mold seams to clean up. The kit features folding wings, removable cockpit pod, and external ordnance (though the ship is usually seen sporting just the hugely phallic plasma gun and a pair of machine guns).

"She's the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy."
-Lando Calrissian

No introduction is really needed for the highly modified YT-1300 light freighter, the Millennium Falcon. This ship is iconic to the Star Wars trilogy. Piloted by her Captain, the smuggler Han Solo, and his first mate Chewbacca the ship endured many adventures and upgrades which led to its dilapidated exterior appearance. Under both Calrissian and Solo, it played a vital role in the Galactic Civil War and later conflicts.

NO self-respecting game player and collector would be complete without one of these in their collection. The question is... which one... remember I have only so much shelf space and limited funds. Thankfully, Fine Molds Corporation 1/144 SW11 Star Wars Millennium Falcon Han Solo's Modified Corellian Engineering Corporation YT-1300 Transport Kit, came to the rescue. (Phew... try saying in one gulp)

With a very reasonable price. The first thing that hits you when you open the kit is that the detail on panels and parts is amazing for a 1/144 scale kit. FineMolds makes Star Wars kits with a passion and devotion rarely seen anymore in modeling.
FALCON.jpg
Remember the model size is only approximately 8.6" Long and 6.2" Wide. The kit comes with around 100 parts, including clear parts for the cockpit and the gun seats. A base is also included, and the landing gear can be shown extended or retracted. The top and bottom are large one piece moldings with excellent detail. A great set of instructions, a two-part painting guide, paint masks, and decals round out the kit.

I'm in STAR WAR's Heaven... sigh!

Back
Top Bottom