Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Morphling. chapter one complete

capt trance

Super-Earth
Prologue

Some time ago, There was a world that existed before our world even begun. In this world, There lived mighty great dragons that controlled everything. They controlled the spirits that made it rain, that brought out the sun, they controlled the population of animals and everything thrived. There were only a few places the dragons tend not to go. That was The Forest of Unknown, The Great Dune Sea, and the vast ocean beyond their land. They did not like the enclosed area of the forest, nor could they see in it. They have also tried to wither the forest, by not making it rain for a whole year. But the trees stood strong, and the spirits refused the dragon's wishes of not making it rain. defeated, the turned their attention towards The Great Dune Sea. They have made it rain their, and tried planting trees within the border of the desert, but the unforgiving sand would not allow anything among its soil. The dragons have even flown into the desert, but there was no living thing in sight. Bested by nature, they went back to their secluded mountain range, Dragon Spine.

One year though, everything will change for the dragons. Some elves come from the wooded area, looking around in awe. When the dragons decide to introduce themselves, they realized they were civil beings, and not animals. And the fact that they were civil beings, is what scared them. The elves never saw a dragon before, and when two of them approached them, the elves got scared, and started to attack them with magic. The dragons were caught by surprised, and one dragons was killed, while the other one barely escaped, with severe wounds. They were enraged that they were yet again, beat down. The dragons were about to take flight, this time in numbers, when another surprise came from the mountain range near the forest, called The Desolate Cliffs. The dwarfs came from under ground. The dragons were starting to question nature's intent, and started to lose their power because of it. they flown out to see the dwarfs, to see if they could get a treaty before the elves could, but it was too late. By the time the dragons got their, the elves were talking to them. and when the dwarfs saw the dragons in the sky, they got their machines ready, and started to fire upon the dragons with huge boulders and arrows, some on fire. overwhelmed for the forth time, the dragons retreated, without receiving heavy losses. The dwarfs and elves had some, but they reproduced fast. The dragons didn't. But to the dragons dismay, there would be one more final disappointment at nature that would make them lose 80% of their power. From the desert, came the trolls. They were thin, but in shape, The had tusks coming form their mouth, but had weird rituals that noone understood. The dragons this time didn't even bother to meet them, afraid of the same fate.

Thus, the alliance was made; called The Triple Race. Their flag was the three races standing over a slain dragon. One time, a Squad of four dragons were out hunting for their race for the month, when the alliance attacked from surprise. The dragons were quickly slaughtered. The dragons then were vexed, and threw a full blunt attack at the party that killed the dragons. The Hunting party was Overran, but not without taking out a few dragons as well. Thus Started The Dragon Wars between the dragons and the alliance.

RE: The Morphling. chapter one complete

Chapter One: Its alive

He woke up steadily, not knowing what really happened. The room about him was blurry, and he had one massive headache. Then he felt pain ripple throughout his body.

my my, he is already awake, and I was a success! said an excited person.

He could tell he was an older gentle man. how, though, he did not know. He tried lifting his head up, only to find it Strapped to what ever he was laying on. A table? That was his best guess.

Oh boy, he is trying to get up. He must be in pain, not everything is set yet. Time to go to sleep .. and then everything faded black again.

the second time he woke up, it was much clearer, and the headache was gone, but he mind was still fuzzy. He tried to listen out and look around, only to find that he was still strapped to the table. He went to go talk, but could not find his voice. It was annoying to him, but he seemed not to be able to talk. He sat there, and waiting, and tried to remember what happened. But even his memory's were gone. He could not think of anything. He was getting pissed, when the ripple of pain went through him again. He went to scream this time. Now that his mind is clear, the pain is sharp and piercing. Almost as if things pierced through his skin. And it rippled down his body. He waited for what seemed to be a long time before he got tired of waiting, and tried to over strengthen the straps he was in.

Shit! He is awake again? My my, aren't we a strong one tonight? said the weird voice he heard. There, there. Go back to sleep now ... And everything was black again.

This is the third time he woke up, but this time there was no fuzzy-ness. everything was ok. He was not in pain, he felt great, and wanted to get up. But again, he was restrained to where he was. He went to go talk, and he still couldn't talk. So he tried breaking out again, and someone came by and was talking.

My my, awake again are we? Calm down, I'm going to release you .. If you promise me you wont kill me anyways.

He could not speak, so he tried nodding his head, and the grips were released. He sat up, and looked around. The room was a simple white room, with the table he was on, and some surgical equipment to the side. there was only one set of cabinets, and one sink, and a door that looked like it led to another room. Then he looked in front of him, to see a creature with tan-ish skin, pointed ears, and grey hairs sticking out from the back of his ears. He was otherwise, bald. he had green eyes, was about 6 feet to 6 foot 3, and he was in shape for someone his age. He was wearing leather armor for leggings, and some leather boots. He blinked twice, and again went to go say something, but couldn't.

"Ahh, you can't talk eh? Well I will have to fix that .." He said, as he went rummaging through the drawler and cabinets. He then pulled out a needle, and went over to him. "I have to stick this in your throat so be still, and nothing will happen." The guy then reached back, and stabbed his throat, which he almost barely felt. All of the sudden, his throat started to tickle. He coughed and coughed, and then with a rugged voice, he managed to say "What has happened to me?" He said, and coughed again.

"Do not talk, you have to be like that for about 10 minutes, stay right here ok?" He doctor left though the only door there was.

The Doctor came back through the door he came in with a plate of food. "You must be starving! Here is some food for you. And in about three minutes, you can try to talk." He seemed very excited.

He looked down, and saw food the thought he recognized before. He picked up the fork, and didn't use it properly. The doctor didn't help him, just took notes. He Started to use the silverware, and with some time, he realized how to use them, and effectively used them. He ate steak, sautéed cauliflower, and some mashed potatoes. They were good, but he did not remember the taste of them before. He looked up at the doctor, to noticed he wasn't taking anymore notes. "Can you talk?" He asked, and he tried. "uhh .. Hewo. wha es goaing on?" He tried to speak, but could not. He was furious, and was wondering what was happening to him.

The doctor smiled at him, started to pace, and started to explain. "Well, where shall I begin? You were our finest warrior, that decided to agree on an experiment i was doing. and of course, you were a success. However, I haven't tested you out yet, so I will not be saying exactly what I did to you. Do you have any memory of anything?"

He shook his head no. "I don't know anyhing. Why cahant I talk wite?"

"Your just going through the memory reboot phase. You may remember your past life, you may not. But all the essentials will come back slowly. Like how to eat for example. You may have to train to be a warrior again, as well as learn how to use your abilities wisely."

"My abilies?"

"Yes. More on that later though. You need rest. I will test you later."

"Hime not hoeing to sleep. I had sleep enough."

The doctor thought for a breif moment, then nodded. "Fine. Lets see how much of the essentials have come back shall we?" He waved him over to the door. When he Got off the table, He had some trouble with walking at first. How much power to put behind each step, how long it would take his foot to hit the ground. But he almost got it by the time he reached the door.

Before they left, He always wondered one thing. "Hey doc, Wasts my hame?"

The doctor looked at him, and thought about it. "In the pass, You were Aradom "The Slayer" Maximus. You were called The Slayer, because whether you were in the arena, or the battle field, you killed restlessly. If you were injured, and could no longer walk due to pain, You had 15 to 20 guys around your feet. Your ability to survive, and fight is the reason why I picked you. If everything goes correctly, you will be stronger, faster, and be able to take more hits than before." He admitted it sounded nice, but how long has it been? and was it worth it? The doctor saw the questioning look on his face, and continued. "Its been 100 years since I tried this experiment on you. You almost died a couple of times. No one knows your name anymore, and it was said you were MIA, with a possibility of being KIA. You were honored though, as they put your statue in along with the Great Halls of Heroes. You will have a new name though. Its time to start your new journey. Your name shall be decided upon later though."

He hated being treated as a test subject, but he finally looked around for the first time since walking. They appeared to be in some sort of training ground. "Am I running this?" He asked, realizing he speech was better this time.

"Yes. I will test your abilities. You will run this two or three times a day until you can get it down. Then I will change it a bit here and there, to where you will be quick on your feet and mind, and train in hand to hand combat." The elf smiled at his test subject, then lifted an arm to point where he starts. "Good luck." He said, as he went to the starting line.

He was wondering when he was going to get his name. He was tired of being called an it. He got on the line, and the scientist shot off a fire ball. That was his signal to start running. he ran straight down the course. This first part was a sprint, before he turned and faced hurdles. He jumped over them with enough ease, he fumbled on one or two of them. The next one was to push through and hit all of the punching bags He shouldered, pushed, palmed, punched, and sometimes kicked his way through. Thats when his body got tired, and they were not even close to being done. the next obstacle was to climb a ten foot wall, crawl through the spikes that moved up and down on him. Then he tried to do the rope climbing, but he didn't even get a quarter of the way when he body gave up. Saddened, he walked over to the doctor, out of breath, sweaty, and exhausted. "I can't do anymore." He managed to get out. in between breathes. The doctor just nodded.

He finished writing in his notes and looked up at him. "You did alright for laying on a bed for so long. Very nice indeed." He looked at his watch, then frowned. "Great, now i need to spend money on you. Lets get you some armor for when the time comes now. You will probably need some special fit items. He was excited. He was going to get armor already? what about a weapon?

Thats when he had to ask. "What about a weapon?"

The doctor laughed. "When you can do hand on hand combat ill get that next." He followed Aradom out of the training exercise room, and through the scientists house. The house was very tidy, and modernized for their era. But very empty. was he alone? He was about to ask, when the doctor lifted his hand. "Now is not the time. Next time." And they walked out the door.

The story Morphling seems intriguing enough, I guess! Anyway, the idea that the world had dragons before our world had dragons would then have a controversial effect on the present mythical dragons in our world. I do not know how that could be possible? Anyway, the story would have been better had the creatures were something other than dragons, to say the least! After all, they had power over all living creatures which actually made them more like Gods!

Back
Top Bottom