Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Necropolis-ooc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepper

Meteorite
I'm looking to start a group rp with a post apocalyptic setting. Usually when I say group rp, I mean at least four people (including myself).

The plot: Demons aren’t real. Monsters aren’t real. It’s all imaginary, tales told to children to make them come inside at night. That’s what everyone believed anyways. The truth is that demons were simply forgotten about. Demons do exist but their incompatibility with humans was the cause of so many wars that the strongest (and most compassionate) demons created a new plane of existence for them. They fought each other for the longest time but eventually most demons were moved to the other plane. Then demons slowly fell into legend and eventually they just became stories, fictional.

Demons never forgot us humans though. To a demon, humans made the most satisfying meals, the most satisfying sexual partners and were just fun to play with in general. There were “good” demons, like the ones who created the new plane, but those were rare beings. In fact, the last one who was in power died and that was the catalyst for the end of the world. Without a demon king to forbid weaker demons from moving on to the human world, demons started opening portals and entering our world. No one noticed at first, because we even lost the ability to see them. They started to destroy our world, creating “natural” disasters, killing hundreds of thousands of people and even ravaging innocent humans.

Then one day it was like a huge hole was torn between the two planes and a flood of demons emerged. Cities were wiped out in a matter of days, states in a matter of weeks and in months entire countries were destroyed. In just years humans lost everything they had built. No government to control us, no military to protect us, no shopping centers to feed and clothe us. We were thrown back centuries technology wise. Even worse, we were no longer on the top of the food chain.

Most of the planets population died. Those who managed to survive took to underground. There are hunters among us, those who venture topside to bring back food and make contact with other underground cities but none dare stay topside when the sun sets. That’s how we humans have been living for the past three hundred years and now demons are starting to become nothing but legend to us again. The powers that rose underground are losing control of the growing populations. Rebellions have started. People want to go back to the surface. People are tired of living underground. But is it truly safe for us topside?

Setting:
What used to be cities and town’s topside are now all in decay, falling apart and mostly overtaken by nature. Forests are abundant and so are the animals that dwell in forests. There is plenty of natural beauty topside but other than that there’s nothing there. Most of the demons that terrorized humans in the past have grown bored because of the low human population and have returned to their plane of existence. Some have stayed in the human world because it is more pleasing to the eye, or for the chance to catch the rare human.

Occasionally a group of hunters is caught and when that does happen they are never heard from again. Each underground city has its own laws and rulers. Some have an elected official, some have rulers, and some are just anarchic. Humans can be divided into different classes. Hunters are people who actually go topside to bring back food, supplies and to serve as messengers between cities. The educated are the people who have maintained what little knowledge we were able to keep, most of this is medical knowledge. Guards are the strongest of humans, they usually serve those in power and are used to keep the population in control. The rulers are those who have taken power in their city, it is essentially up to them to decide how their city is ruled. Then there are civilians, the regular human just trying to survive underground.

...uhm, yea, that's what I've got.
So, who's in?

RE: Post apocalyptic rp

Aw, sweet!
You know I thought this was going to be a total bust.
I'll still give it some time though to draw more people.
So I'll make this into the OOC for the thread. Set up a profile thread and the rp thread.
Thanks y'all.

RE: Post apocalyptic rp-ooc

Uhm, you can make your character whatever age and whatever gender you want.
As for messenger, I've made the class of humans called hunters be the ones who have any experience going "topside" (as in their jobs include other tasks, such as communicating between different underground cities, besides hunting for food).
And the martial artist part...well I was kinda moving towards most modern human culture forgotten but I suppose you could say that a member of the educated class (as educated in this reality simply means that some knowledge of the former world) kept whatever form of martial arts alive.

I am eager to see how this turns out.
If I have time, I will join :3

I'd probably play a hunter, someone who knows how to deal with the topside.
Might even be mixed by a guard, tasked to hunt demons that get too close.

Ah, danke schön.
I think I'll open it this weekend.
Still thinking on a proper title though...might end up being totally random.

Edit: Decided to name it Necropolis.
Half random and half fitting. It was either Necropolis or Silence of the Darkness. Decided on the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom