Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Final Fantasy VI Roleplay Idea, Looking for Interested Parties.

Cecidius

Planetoid
So, I have an idea for a Final Fantasy VI roleplay, and I'm looking for people who might be interested in playing in that world. I would appreciate that only people familiar with the world join the RP, as to keep the spirit of the world, and the flavor of the environments in balance. That said(and perhaps I'm being a bit overzealous about it), I don't want people to be playing things like angels, demons, monsters, vampires, furries, or other such slightly ridiculous non-FFVI related characters.

Again, perhaps I'm being a bit bigoted about this request, and I apologize if I am, I'm just looking to have an authentic roleplaying experience in the World of Ruin(post-Kefka).

Also, I'd like people to play original characters. I'll be figuring out a way to explain what happened to the Returners, as one could assume all the established characters from FFVI would be the remnant of the Returners.

RE: Roleplay Idea, Looking for Interested Parties.

It's been a while since I've beaten the game, though still...I'd actually really be interested in taking part in this!

RE: Roleplay Idea, Looking for Interested Parties.

I was hoping somebody would! Gimme a day or so to figure out an approximation of a legit character bio template. I would post one now, but I have to get ready for a bbq for the LARP I run on Mondays.

I'd like a few more people to express interest, then we can discuss what people would like to see.

Still thinking on a character bio format. :)

I kinda like this idea, it was long one of my favorite FF games.

How long after the credits were you thinking of starting? We can always just start throwing ideas out in this thread to help you organize things a bit...

Kefka's tower has fallen, and the Returners have secured peace for the World. As the dust settled in the aftermath of the battle on the Tower, the World took a deep breath. Monsters began to disappear, and there were less attacks on travelers. The continents of the World felt a peace they hadn't known for many years. The Empire was gone, and they were finally able to breath freedom.

As peace ruled over the World, the towns all over began to rejuvenate. They rebuilt their homes, and began to repopulate. The Returners spread across the World, helping to return the land to what it was.

The Kingdom of Figaro was rebuilt, Edgar placed as King, and Sabin as General. Cyan returned to the ruins of Doma, but left shortly after to become King Edgar's retainer.

Gabbiani Airworks was birthed, and began producing smaller airships for commercial and private use.

Locke continued his wanderings, helping wherever he could, and was joined by Celes.

Terra returned to Mobliz, to help in raising the orphans left by the devastation Kefka created. Locke, Celes and King Edgar visited often. After some time, Edgar and Terra got married, and Terra was made Queen of Figaro. Many of the orphans from Mobliz came and lived in Figaro castle.

Mog and Umaro returned to Narshe, Mog bringing the Moogles to the surface to help rebuild the mining town.

Relm and Strago returned to Thamasa, and Strago was made mayor. Relm continued to paint, but refrained from giving her paintings life. Interceptor never left Relm's side.

Gogo disappeared from the world, though some claim to have seen a man in strange clothes in passing.

Gau returned to the Veldt, and the brave travelers who visit the Veldt have witnessed a strange wild man running with the wildlife there in the years following. Sabin and Cyan visited the Veldt frequently.

Shadow was never found after the fall of Kefka's Tower.

But peace is never something that lasts forever. There is always one who longs for power and dominion. The Remnants of the Empire, led by a mysterious figure garbed in a black robe, returned to the site of the Tower fifteen years after it's destruction. Sixteen years had passed since anyone had seen anything of the Magitek Knights, but now they were rebuilding the Empire, starting at the heart of Kekfa's Tower.

The Remnants did this in secret, hidden in the rubble of the Tower, rebuilding underground so as no one would see them, especially the Returner's. The Magitek Knights were being trained once more, using the remaining suits of Magitek Armor, and they were preparing their next move...

Name: (Obviously, your character's name)
Physical Description: (Give a description of what your character looks like, including height, approximate weight, etc.)
Archetype: (Basically, each character has a Final Fantasy class archetype that they follow. For instance, Locke would have been a thief, while Strago was a blue mage.)
Weapons: (What form of weaponry does your character use? Alternatively, you could put what specific weapon you use.)
Armor: (What kind of armor does your character wear, include a shield if you use them. Alternatively, which specific armor pieces and which specific shield.)
Relic: (What Relics does your character wear. Remember, you can only have two Relics.)
Home Region: (Where in the World of Ruin(or Balance, if you wish) does your character come from?)
Biography: (Detail your character's story thus far.)
Battle Commands: (List what abilities you would consider your character having in respect for how the battle command screen would appear. Attack and Item would pretty much be definites for all characters. This won't actually have any effect IC, I would just like to see how you think your character's skills would be in a battle. Purely academic.)

Remember, magic is gone from the world, as there are no more Espers, so please keep that in mind while making your character. IE, no magic. At least, not for now. :)

Hmmm... It sounds good. But, what about Terra and Edgar? I would have figured they would have ended up together after it was all said and done. I was even gonna try to get approval to play their daughter... but even other than that purely selfish reason, I still think it would have happened. *shrug*

But on this info, I'll start hammering out a character idea.

Well, What I posted wasn't exactly written in stone. It was kind of a guideline for my thought patterns. I can accept other perspectives and such. I could see what you're saying. In fact, I'll edit it now.

Name: Gaitlin Brauker
Physical Description: Gaitlin is a young man, standing 5'7", weighing about 187 lbs. He works out a lot, and trains with his blades. He has black hair, green eyes, and a brilliant smile.
Archetype: Ninja
Weapons: Kotetsu and Guardian
Armor: Dark Gear with a Dark Hood
Relic: Genji Gloves, Goggles
Home Region: South Figaro.
Biography: Gaitlin was a babe when the world was cast into Ruin. His parents died, and he was cared for by the tavern keeper in South Figaro after the Cataclysm. When he was four, the Returners destroyed Kefka's Tower. Soon after, King Edgar returned to the castle, and started to rebuild. A few years later, Cyan Garamonde, and Terra Branford arrived in Figaro, when Gaitlin was seven. When Edgar and Terra were wed, they took the boy into the castle, as Terra had a soft spot for orphans.

Cyan began to train him to use a sword, teaching him the Sword Techniques of Doma. When Gaitlin was thirteen, he went out into the desert, riding a chocobo, and far to the north, found a ruined chest. Inside, he found a sutra, his Dark Gear, Hood, Genji Gloves, and the Guardian he wields. The sutra has helped him study the arts of the ninja, while studying Cyan's Sword Techniques.
Battle Commands:
Attack
SwdTch
Throw
Item

Back
Top Bottom