MonoChrome: A lightly guided group roleplay in a black and white world

Hello! I've been trying to get this story up and running for a while now and I'm going to try again. It tends to scream to a halt at character creation and fizzles away before we get started.

Anyway! MonoChrome is a completely original world lovingly built by myself over months of work and editing. I'm not adept enough to fully convert it to a D&D playstyle so I've settled for RNG elements with myself as a guiding force, rather than a player character. Although if people would prefer I have a character rather than be a DM, I'm happy to do that as well.

All the Lore you need to know is found here in a google doc: Lore

There's a lot of info, but you don't need to know it all by heart of course.

I'm just going to drop the overview from that link here for interests sake! Ideally I'd like 3-5 people to get started, but I'll garner interest first before doing anything else. Please note there's no humans in Ostea nor magic. If you have any questions please feel free to ask them!

I look forward to watching you adventure across Ostea and explore her story, uncover her past and shape her future.

___

Ostea is a world trapped in black and white. It’s the way it’s been for as long as anyone can recall. The lands are littered with ancient ruins from whomever came before; cities, towns and strange metal creations that have been reclaimed by nature over time. Although those ancient ruins are filled with danger and as such, are forbidden to travelers. Not that it stops daring adventurers from exploring the areas for treasures from those who came before. Treasures from the ruins fetch a high price, but death or permanent injury is a high price to pay if you dare go into the ruins.

You are one of a group of adventurers who have just gathered in Serenity for the first time, why you decided to group up with others for adventure, only you know. Although one thing is for sure. Making money doing dangerous or hard jobs is easier with others who hopefully will have your back if things go bad.

The world edges on urban fantasy/steampunk/electricity more than traditional high fantasy. Ostea is a world changed after an apocalyptic event that happened at least 1800 years in the past, a modern world wiped out in a blink of an eye and its history forgotten and lost to time and the aftermath.

Ostea has 4 religions, it's not uncommon to follow none all the way through to all four. Traces of the Old World exist scattered across Ostea and collectors pay for these items.

The world is hand crafted by myself, adding in some creatures alongside those we know on Earth. There's no magical races, no magic wielders so keep this in mind upon character creation.

Back
Top Bottom