What do you do if you want to end a roleplay with someone?

EverybodyHatesRou

Meteorite
Being someone who has mainly just read other's roleplay's and haven't really roleplayed that much before, I wonder how people end a RP naturally without it seeming forced.

Well you discuss the ending with your partner at the beginning or while you’re roleplaying.

Sometimes plots are very straight to the point and the ending is already included. Other times the ending was never mentioned so it’s best to pop the question when all of the major plot points have been reached.

If you and your partner get along you may even start a new story together or find an excuse to continue writing. Sort of like an end to “Book 1“ and then beginning to “Book 2”

So again. This all depends on communicating with your partner and if they would like to continue or finish the story.

This isn’t including ghosting or amicable abandonment where one or both parties decide to no longer participate in a story. Which is actually the VAST majority of these stories you can find on these forums.

I pretty much entirely agree with Lockdown on that front. Though that said, I have a pair of RPs that have been ongoing since 2002 and at this point, one of the players joked that we'll see what happens when the PCs die of old age.

Okay, thanks for the advice. The few times have roleplayed it was sort of hard for us to figure out how to end things, so I just wanted to know how to do it well. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom