Share your favourite roleplay settings with me!

Count

Moon
Hey, I’m just starting out and am looking for ideas and opinions concerning Settings in Roleplay. Personally I tend to imagine myself into worlds, far far away, but I can see the appeal of playing “Everyday”-Like Settings…

If someone wants to take the time and share some of their most memorable Settings they have played or maybe something unusual or weird, that worked out pretty well, please go ahead 😎

Ohh, nice take on it :)

Historical Based topics definitely seem like a fun way to play something out, the "urgency" of some past times can definitely make things more heated...Ill have to keep that in mind!

My favorite RP setting of all time was inspired by Reboot, the 90s television show that helped pioneer 3d animation in television. The idea of jumping from world to world and being able to move our characters from setting to setting was a ton of fun.

My favorite RP setting of all time was inspired by Reboot, the 90s television show that helped pioneer 3d animation in television. The idea of jumping from world to world and being able to move our characters from setting to setting was a ton of fun.
Oh I see, havent heard of that Show before but the concept seems interesting, might have to check it out :D

Oh I see, havent heard of that Show before but the concept seems interesting, might have to check it out :D
Its animation style aged poorly (it was one of the first ones, after all), but its a very interesting premise. The show takes place inside of a computer, and the characters are programs who need to enter the games played by users to take the role of the game's characters. Bob, the main character, gives a neat little plot summary at the beginning of each episode so... here's the season 1 opening to give you an idea;

Admittedly I do a lot of "anime" or anime-ish roleplays because that's what I like. A lot of my RPs are some shape or flavor of fantasy. It can be medieval fantasy, or some kind of modern fantasy or steampunk fantasy, but magic and stuff like that is usually always a part of it in a small or big way.

I also like to do more un-serious RPs from time to time where I focus more on the characters rather than the setting or the plot, but there's usually some worldbuilding involved. I usually never use the same world I've created for two different RPs.

Back
Top Bottom