Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forum just for public thread requests?

EtherealElevenEmpress you are one of the foremost voices for public threads, haha.

Cassandraks, it's good that you're trying to keep this discussion effective, but arguing against us arguing for it is also moot. Right now, I feel like we threaders are just hoping to voice something. Prose did state that it can be coded, but eventually, so, maybe if there is more pull, it'll be either more possible, or come about faster?

And while there is varied acceptance for asking a partner to write in your own preferred medium when they'd stated another preference, I think it's better to always be on the safe side and not push anyone in any direction they're not comfortable with. Of course, if someone states clearly that they don't want to or will not do something, leave them be.
I hope that’s a good thing! I scream it from the top of the forum THREADS ONLY LOL

i will throw in my own thoughts here (as an active member and not as a mod), as i've been roleplaying both in threads and pm - at least in the past - and i like that i can just browse through the on-site section to find potential partners. i click in on a thread i think looks promising, i read through it - i can tell pretty quickly whether or not we're a good match. now, let's say they only roleplay over pm and i would like to roleplay in threads. then i don't waste my time reading further. and then i move on to the next request thread.

if i had to limit my search for potential partners by going through one section or the other when i'm perfectly fine doing both, i think i'd get a little frustrated? in order to find the right partner, you might need to go through both sections now. and i bet many members would have their thread up in both sections, so it's basically all duplicates, save for maybe three or four threads per page. so, now you have to remember those titles/usernames from the previous section you looked through, so you don't click on them again.

don't get me wrong tho, i understand where this is coming from (as the majority prefers pm these days), but i think it could be easily solved if those preferences were clearly stated already in the title or at least very visible in the thread.

now, i don't know what is the biggest "struggle" when it comes to this, but is it:

• reading through threads only to find out they only rp over pm or
  • receiving messages from people who wonder if you'd be interested in rping over pm
if it's the latter, i'd suggest making it even clearer in your thread (and title) that under no circumstances will you rp over pm / you only rp in threads.
if it's the former, i'd suggest doing a ctrl+f "pm"/"thread" before you even start reading, in case the information is in the middle of the post.

all in all, i think it is a good suggestion, but i think it would create more frustration/trouble for those not in need of this feature than it would actually benefit those who do.
This is the reason my first message to hopefuls is “DID YOU READ MY RT? I only play in threads. If you can’t I’m not the one for you” I either get more red flags than a parade or they are kind. It’s usually the former lol

Back
Top Bottom