Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question Re-Joining a Left Thread?

CheshireGrin

How fine you look when dressed in Rage
Hey all,

I did skim a few pages in and found some similar conversations like this or referencing part of this issue, but not completely.

Recently I was doing some spring cleaning in my inbox and left conversations but I realized that 1-2 was accidental, because I also wanted to save some information from it.

Now however, even if I go to my 'left' folder, I can't see those PMs any longer, even if it's with someone I haven't blocked.

Am I missing a way to re-join the conversation so I can access the PM again or is it just lost in limbo forever?

Appreciate any work arounds/etc as well

It might depend on how old the conversation is with the last reply. The "left" section when you open, only shows about a pages worth of left conversations even if you have actually left more in the past -- if you remember the name of the PM go to your left conversation and type it in through the filter and see if it pulls up. Or the name of the participant. For example if I go to my left section without any filters the last PM I can see is from 2023 but I know I've left PMs that I had back in 2019 when I first joined this site but cannot access them unless I filter specifically for them through the name of the PM or the participant.

However I think the site still has an issue where you cannot retrieve old PMs that you have left unless you left them and allowed it to stay open for someone to respond. So if they are still in the PM, they could message you through it and put it back into your active PM box.

It might depend on how old the conversation is with the last reply. The "left" section when you open, only shows about a pages worth of left conversations even if you have actually left more in the past -- if you remember the name of the PM go to your left conversation and type it in through the filter and see if it pulls up. Or the name of the participant. For example if I go to my left section without any filters the last PM I can see is from 2023 but I know I've left PMs that I had back in 2019 when I first joined this site but cannot access them unless I filter specifically for them through the name of the PM or the participant.

However I think the site still has an issue where you cannot retrieve old PMs that you have left unless you left them and allowed it to stay open for someone to respond. So if they are still in the PM, they could message you through it and put it back into your active PM box.

So I see the wanted conversation in my Left filter, and it's over a year old since the last reply.

The issue is that when I select that conversation, I get: The requested conversation could not be found.

Is that the latter issue you mentioned? I don't remember if I allowed the other person to respond or not. Outside of if I were to ask them to do that [if even possible] I'm assuming there's not another way for me to try and re-join?

And is the issue of not being able to retrieve it something that is being worked on?

So I see the wanted conversation in my Left filter, and it's over a year old since the last reply.

The issue is that when I select that conversation, I get: The requested conversation could not be found.

Is that the latter issue you mentioned? I don't remember if I allowed the other person to respond or not. Outside of if I were to ask them to do that [if even possible] I'm assuming there's not another way for me to try and re-join?

And is the issue of not being able to retrieve it something that is being worked on?
That would be a latter issue then yes. Right now when selecting a left conversation to try and move back into your active inbox isn't working at the moment. If you try to move it to your inbox, you get an error currently.

I haven't found a workaround yet on retrieving left PMs, other than hoping that the previous participant still has the PM and can respond to it if possible.

For if it is being worked on, I believe that the @Admins have made Vekseid aware of the issue, but for a fix that is a question for Veks and what may be causing the issue to begin with and how easy the issue it is to fix.

Right now there is a bug that is affecting moving PMs and it's in vekseid's 'To fix' list, but he's been ratherbusy and hasn't been able to get to it just yet. It's vexing, I know.

That would be a latter issue then yes. Right now when selecting a left conversation to try and move back into your active inbox isn't working at the moment. If you try to move it to your inbox, you get an error currently.

I haven't found a workaround yet on retrieving left PMs, other than hoping that the previous participant still has the PM and can respond to it if possible.

For if it is being worked on, I believe that the @Admins have made Vekseid aware of the issue, but for a fix that is a question for Veks and what may be causing the issue to begin with and how easy the issue it is to fix.
Right now there is a bug that is affecting moving PMs and it's in vekseid's 'To fix' list, but he's been ratherbusy and hasn't been able to get to it just yet. It's vexing, I know.

Thank you, both! I appreciate you both clarifying.

This being broken has really been a hardship for me. I use to periodically restore my left PM to review them before leaving some of them again.

Back
Top Bottom