Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Links keep breaking

So I've noticed this between myself and a few friends of mine that I have been writing with on the site. And if this is already been answered, I apologize if I'm bringing it up (I have yet to find the thread if it exists)

I've noticed that whenever I send links, be they sfw or NSFW (giving fair warning to people if it is explicit) after a set amount of time the link tends to just break, say it doesn't exist, or go to a 404 error.

I've even tried to use Discord to host my link sources and even those tend to break. Some of my friends have even mentioned the same issue regarding this and that it's confusing despite using multiple different forms of the same image on different link sources

Is there any remedy to this? Or is there a restriction from the site itself that ends up disabling/breaking the link?

Just to clarify, are you using discord to upload it, then copy the discord link here to upload it? That won't work, Discord doesn't allow hotlinking anymore.

Just to clarify, are you using discord to upload it, then copy the discord link here to upload it? That won't work, Discord doesn't allow hotlinking anymore.
Oh I didn't know that! That is what I originally used yes. I would save the image, upload it to my Discord, then copy image/link and paste it into the site.

Well if anything, Discord will be a nice place to hold my notes lol

Haha, yes, unfortunately that doesn't work (anymore). Discord disabled that a while ago because they had to save bandwidth. If it makes you feel any better, even us Nitro users can't do that anymore, so everyone has that issue.

Imgur has rolled back their no-NSFW policy, so you could safely use Imgur!

Hold your horses. Did they really? Since when?

Actually, I looked for a source, and I might've misremembered! I think they might not have done that. But I haven't had any issues using the service with NSFW images recently. So maybe they haven't and I've just been lucky!

Actually, I looked for a source, and I might've misremembered! I think they might not have done that. But I haven't had any issues using the service with NSFW images recently. So maybe they haven't and I've just been lucky!

I got so excited for a hot second there. They boink me over every time, so maybe you are just lucky. Oh well.

Actually going to mention this because I have seen some of those links as well but unfortunately any of them that I have clicked have also been disabled so maybe there's still some hiccups to work out? I'm not entirely sure

I'm wondering if I should just use Google documents. Sometimes even R34 doesn't show up

Actually going to mention this because I have seen some of those links as well but unfortunately any of them that I have clicked have also been disabled so maybe there's still some hiccups to work out? I'm not entirely sure

I'm wondering if I should just use Google documents. Sometimes even R34 doesn't show up
I use Imgbb if that’s of any help!

R34 also doesn't allow hotlinking, and another popular one, sex.com, also doesn't allow it I think. It's a little annoying, but imgbb is good to use, even if the actual UI and usability of the website is kinda crud compared to imgur.

I was using imgbb but once I got started getting over 600 images I started having issues with the site having errors & my images not loading. I even tried paying for pro & nothing changed.

I'm trying out freeimage.host so far, no issues.

Oh I didn't know that! That is what I originally used yes. I would save the image, upload it to my Discord, then copy image/link and paste it into the site.

Well if anything, Discord will be a nice place to hold my notes lol
Yeah, basically Discord broke that because they were annoyed by people using it as an Imgur alternative. That’s their right as a business I suppose but it really is a dick move that shows the enshittification of tech.

Back
Top Bottom