Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Threads vs Private Messages

Which do you prefer? Threads or PM's?

• Threads

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Private Messages

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • Doesn't really matter

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Telepathy~ communication via mind toggling

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

Ech0

facilement oublié
Alright, here is another poll/question for you.

I have come across a mixed bag of people who would prefer to write via thread and those who are exclusively private messages.

I am curious as to the preferences for those formats. Why one over the other? Is it due to shyness? or something else?

As a writer, I want my words to be read. I used to not feel that way when first exploring the art of Erotic Literature, and while my own personal writings that are pending publishing are not erotically focused, I am curious as to why?

Why do you prefer the messages? Why do you prefer the threads? Do you suffer the dreadful Imposter Syndrome I do? Or is it just a preference....

Again, just like my last poll, the statistics will likely end up becoming an article in a blog I write for...

I thank you, in advance for the answers/opinions given.

I used to seriously be concerned about the subject, especially considering some of the writing that I do. I also found many of my writing partners felt in the same boat. That even on this site they wanted to keep some measure of privacy over expressing some of their needs. However, I have come to truly appreciate writing in threads and have enjoyed the more aesthetic/artistic aspects my partners have brought to the writing.

Doesn't realty matter to me. I'll write PM or threads, most of my partners write in PMs so I just kinda go with that as the default.

i prefer threads, because it's easier for me to keep track of them over PMs. but i have no real issue with using PMs, either.

i usually go with my partner's preference; i have half and half when it comes to public or private.

plus, it's like a little showcase of how you write / handle different things in a plot if it's on display. writing samples are easier to obtain that way, as well.

I used to seriously be concerned about the subject, especially considering some of the writing that I do. I also found many of my writing partners felt in the same boat. That even on this site they wanted to keep some measure of privacy over expressing some of their needs. However, I have come to truly appreciate writing in threads and have enjoyed the more aesthetic/artistic aspects my partners have brought to the writing.
I used to be adverse to writing any kind of sex stuff when I found this hobby, but have grown to appreciate the threads. —>Aesethetics is the main reason I enjoy them. I'm not that great at it, (much better with the div stuff), but it makes it a little more fun to play with.

Doesn't realty matter to me. I'll write PM or threads, most of my partners write in PMs so I just kinda go with that as the default.
I will do this too. Go with the preference of others since I do not mind either way. : )

i prefer threads, because it's easier for me to keep track of them over PMs. but i have no real issue with using PMs, either.

i usually go with my partner's preference; i have half and half when it comes to public or private.

plus, it's like a little showcase of how you write / handle different things in a plot if it's on display. writing samples are easier to obtain that way, as well.
I've a difficult time keeping the inbox organized and sometimes forget to reply to messages. If it's a thread, it's easier to keep track of, so I totally get how that is. And handy-dandy writing samples are always a plus.

And for whomever voted for the Telepathy... I love you :heart: :ROFLMAO:

Also, thank you dears for taking the time to answer : ) I really do appreciate the feedback! 🥰

Either works for me. Both have their pros and cons and ultimately I go with my partners preference.

Threads there's no time limit for editing the reply, and at least in my case it's fun to make them aesthetically pleasing. Downside is that I tend to get more stressed out replying them in timely manner, since my reply rate varies highly, though I have started to get over this. Plus since I don't want to use PM messages as writing samples this is a great way to showcase my writing.

With PMs there is the 24 hour (I think) editing limit, but I think they also feel more relaxed/casual to me.

Private Messages, particularly if you are talking aboiut anything going beyond PG-13. I'm shy with that stuff. That said, If your talking anything without any sort of sexual material I'm completely fine with threads. I'm not actually that shy with my over-all writing, even if sometimes I look over what I wrote and I wince at silly mistakes I make the next day after what I posted (I am the type that while writing my posts and then looking over it, my mind will completely glaze over spelling mistakes or general issues with how something is written processing it the right way in my brain only for the next day when I'm fresh and had time away from it I'll easily spot those mistakes).

Honestly threads have helped to make me more confident in my writing over the years to the point that I am happy with my writing over-all and its not someting I'm scared of others seeing generally. If it wasn't for the general "topics" on this site, chances are all my RPs would likely here be in Threads so long as my partner liked it (again, considering there is nothing 'sexual' involved).

I stick to Private Messages.

When a project is completed up to a certain point, and I'm mostly proud of the work I put in, I ask my partner if they'd like to throw it up in an actual thread, as a personal achievement.

So technically I like both. I don't want to start an RP and have someone flak two posts in--this includes myself!--and then there's just an unfinished, dead project sitting out in the open. Just my preference.

When I first started writing here I quite shy when it came to others reading my writing. With enough encouragement and support from my partners (I am really blessed to write with some truly amazing and talented people) I've been able to overcome that. I really enjoy expressing the other side of my creativity by designing the headers for my RPs and by playing around with the post templates (@cyx. deserves most of the credit for those tbf). They are also easier to keep track of, but that's mostly on me for not keeping up with my inbox organization.

I definitely think PMs still have their place, and I will still do them if my partner prefers it, but... Threads have definitely become mine.

I prefer threads but I enjoy both. Threads means other people can read them and have fun as well. (Totally not for the compliments I get and my exhibitionism kink)

PM is my go to but threads aren’t bad either. I don’t like people reading my work (besides my partner) unless I intend for that to be the purpose. I once received a dm to proposition a roleplay because of my latest post (at the time). I’m not used to getting complimented for my writing so it really came out of left field, but it was really nice nonetheless.

I like threads because it keeps me accountable to actually responding to them. That's likely all mental but it just helps, lol.

The other part to this is that I enjoy showing off beautiful threads!

Back
Top Bottom