Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Beach or mountains?

Do you prefer to vacation at the beach or in the mountains?

• Beach

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Mountains

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

carolinaadv

Planetoid
As I live pretty squarely between the beach and mountains I always struggle where to visit. Which do you all prefer?

I've always lived in the south and have had access, be it a few minutes or a few hours, from a beach. I end up with sun poisoning every summer thanks to the exposure to our star, so my preference would always be the mountains. Not only due to the available shade from the trees that rest at the foothills, but the majestic landscapes, the smells of nature (trees, flora, snow even), the sounds and silence of the modern age, and the clouds... Nothing more breathtaking than being able to look out and see the vastness of the world we take for granted.

(I'm terrified of things that live in the ocean too, so um... we could add that to the list of reasons...lol)

I've always lived in the south and have had access, be it a few minutes or a few hours, from a beach. I end up with sun poisoning every summer thanks to the exposure to our star, so my preference would always be the mountains. Not only due to the available shade from the trees that rest at the foothills, but the majestic landscapes, the smells of nature (trees, flora, snow even), the sounds and silence of the modern age, and the clouds... Nothing more breathtaking than being able to look out and see the vastness of the world we take for granted.

(I'm terrified of things that live in the ocean too, so um... we could add that to the list of reasons...lol)
Ha! Yeah I love the beach but coincidentally am terrified of the ocean myself which creates an interesting dynamic. If I was forced to choose I would lean towards the mountains too

Mountains for exercise, but beach for anything else personally. Love the smell of saltwater, the hot sand against my feet, hunting for stingrays and crabs in snorkeling gear, kayaking out in the waves. Nothing like it.

Mountains for exercise, but beach for anything else personally. Love the smell of saltwater, the hot sand against my feet, hunting for stingrays and crabs in snorkeling gear, kayaking out in the waves. Nothing like it.
Hard to argue that for sure. Nice response!

Back
Top Bottom