Favorite Anime Arc?

Cyberia77

Meteorite
What it says on the tin! Any particular favorites? Mine is the dark tournament from YYH!

I just finished my 30 year anni collection of Yu Yu Hakusho figures!

Dark Tournament (YYH)
Cell Games (DBZ)
and Wano (One Piece)

If the panel above my bed didn't make it clear enough to people who know I love YYH -

Dark Tournament is in my opinion the peak of action-based shōnen series.

But I also dearly love the following :

Yorknew City (HxH)
Return to Shinganshina (AoT)
Hueco Mundo (Bleach)
Diamond Is Unbreakable (JJBA)
Hunt for the Homunculi (FMA)
Prologue — Land of Waves (Naruto)
Golden Age (Berserk)
Gojo's Past (JJK)
Android Saga/Cell Games (DBZ)
Bomb Girl (CSM)

Last edited:
Since I only think arcs in battle shounen and related anime this list will be extremely battle shounen heavy

If I have to pick my all time favorite I think nothing beats Golden Age Arc from Berserk in my eyes. There is nothing I would wish to change in it. It perfectly sets the stage for the rest of the series and works as a standalone experience as well, though you most likely are left craving more if you just watch/read it.

In generally I say that these are my favorite arcs if asked:

Hidden Inventory / Premature Death (Jujutsu Kaisen)
Chimera Ant Arc (HxH)
Dark Tournament Arc (YYH)
Golden Age (Berserk)
Diamond Is Unbreakable / Steel Ball Run (JJBA)
Soul Society / Hueco Mundo (Bleach)
Arlong Park / Wano (One Piece)
Book of Circus (Kuroshitsuji)
Run from Untold Origin Arc to Vampire Infection Outbreak Arc (Bungou Stray Dogs)
Slave Arc (Vinland Saga)
Royal Government Arc (AoT)
Cell Games (Dragon Ball (Z))
World Domination Arc / ???% Arc (Mob Psycho 100)
Briggs Arc (FMA: Brotherhood)

While I don't enjoy these next series as much as the ones above will put these as extra mentions since the arcs in and of themselves were pretty neat:

Villain Arc (Boku No Hero Academia)
Pain Arc (Naruto (Shippuden))

I will have to second what @Baka said above. There are a lot of arcs from various anime/manga I've enjoyed but to me nothing beats Berserk or the Golden Age Arc that set it all up. As mentioned already, I still recommend people to get into Berserk the regular way but Golden Age works as a stand alone on its own and easy for anyone to get into.

Soul Society Arc, also already mentioned, with saving Rukia is amazing as well and so is the Arrancer: Downfall Arc (I believe is the name) of the fight between the Gotei 13 and Aizen (minus Starrk but that is its own discussion)

Third I would say is the Shinjuku Showdown for Jujutsu Kaisen. It is dragging on, hopefully ending soon with several questionable decisions being made throughout the fight -- however I won't lie and say the fight isn't amazing. Hoping that when it gets animated it gets the best.

I also only really consider arcs for shonen, so that's what I'm gonna list. It's hard to come up with a single one, though.

Attack on Titan - Return to Shiganshina
Dragon Ball - Android Saga (Is it cheating to encapsulate all of it in one?) / Although Tournament of Power is pretty great too
JJK - Culling Game
Blue Lock - U-20
HxH - Yorknew / Phantom Troupe (Chimera Ant is peak, but drags on too long at parts)

There's a lot of other animanga I'd put into consideration, but there'd be too maybe to list if I went ahead and listed every one.

I will add my voice to the chorus praising YYH's Dark Tournament arc. Two other personal favorites that come to mind are
  • Battle City (Yugioh Duel Monsters)
  • Frieza Saga (Dragon Ball Z)

Dragon Ball Z - History of Trunks/Android Saga/Cell Games Saga.

Yu Yu Hakusho - Dark Tournament.

Naruto - Sasuke Rescue Arc.

Naruto Shippuden - Itachi Pursuit Arc.

Back
Top Bottom