Mercenaries of Everything (Wheel of Time But with Blood! Starting in August)

Dr Bellwright

Spooky Inside Jokes
Supporter
I'm contemplating a Wheel of Time (Books) to start sometime in the first half of August, and decided to check interest now!

The premise of the story: WoT meets GoT. We are going to ramp up the bloodiness of the story. We are going to make the story less black-and-white, even less black-and-white. We will take a slightly more aggressive but also more philosophical view of the story.

You can create a new OC or occupy an existing one. I will also distribute archetypes, which you may take and make your own.

We are going to have pretty drastic changes to the meta of the WoT. I don't want to spoil the story, but we are going to try to answer a few questions:
  1. Why did not Dark One ever win? Or maybe he did, why did he retreat then?
  2. What are Machin Shin and Mashadar? Are they new players, or do they appear every cycle?
  3. Why do humans live next to the most dangerous prison in the multiverse?
  4. Are there really only two sides to the conflict?
I'm looking for up to 5 players, and ideally a Co-DM. Because I will need to have some downtime for a month or two at a time. My work requires heavy travel from time to time, and roleplaying is not ideal when I have to have back-to-back meetings while jet-lagged.

A small FAQ:

Q: Will it be canon?
A: To an extent. We will start at the end of the Winter's Heart with some slight changes. We will "resurrect" some Forsaken, to have more fun with them.
Q: Why books and nod the TV show?
A: To put it politely, I'm quite confused about the direction of the TV show. I doubt that they know what are they doing. I hope they figure it out. You can use claims from the TV show. I have nothing against it. I don't hate the show, I'm just constantly confused by it.
Q: Can we start sooner than August?
A: Nope. Not unless Co-DM is found sooner, but even then I'll have to dump the entire outline on them. So no, the first week of August is a safe assumption.
Q: Ruleset?
A: I'm flexible. We can have a custom D20, or use an old WoT spinoff of DnD 3.0, though that thing is unbalanced as shit.
Q: How bloody will it get?
A: Let me just say. If Moghedein runs away again, we are cutting her legs off.
Q: Can I play a forsaken?
A: No. While we are going to muddy the colours a lot, the known 13 gonna end badly either way.

So, ping me in this thread if you are interested in playing! Few questions to answer:
  • Do you want to play OC or an existing character, which one is existing?
  • If OC: What is their country of Origin if matters?
  • If OC: What is their relationship with the Source?
  • [Optional] If you could ask an immortal, infinitely wise bad boy who never won a single war aquestion, what would that be? (You won't get a coherent answer, just in case you hoped for one)

Back
Top Bottom