Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Rev's journal (Comments welcome)

Revelations

King of bones with a coral crown
Staff member
Administrator
Ayyy.

Welcome to my journal. I honestly don't know how often I'll be updating this thing, and if I do, there's sure as hell not any schedule to it. If you wanna post a comment in this thread by all means feel free to do so and I will read your comment and reply to it in some fashion! I guess I'm an admin on the site and some people feel iffy about that – I've PM'd more than one person about RP who went 'Oh shit an admin messaged me am I in trouble?' or 'Hey I'd love to RP with you… But you're an admin and that's kinda scary'. To me, being an admin on this site is effectively being a head janitor. I try to help keep the site clean, tidy shit up, and in general make sure no one slips on anything. It just so happens this comes in the form of ensuring rules are followed. It's not nearly as empowering as people think it is, I assure you. I'm just another user for the most part.

Now, uh…. I kind of forgot what I wanted to type in this thread to start with. Oh, I guess first off, this journal has no real rhyme or theme to it. And my life isn't terribly exciting. I work, I take care of an autistic nephew, and I have a few RPs on the site. I've been writing on adult RP forums since 2009 or so abouts, but I feel BMR is one of my primary RP homes by now. Kinda makes sense, right? I mean I co-admin the place I better call it my 'RP home' lmao.

Maybe I'll use this as an RP tracker. I see other people who do that. But I don't know how well I can commit to keeping it reliably updated. Likewise I thought about doing some shotouts to RP partners of mine but… Honestly I love writing with all my RP partners and I feel if I shouted some out but not the others, that it would come across as favoritism. Just know that if you are writing with me, I genuinely enjoy what we write together, and I deeply appreciate the time you take to write an RP reply for me. You have no idea how much it can mean to get an RP reply.

So what's this thread about? Uhhhh, I'm not sure. Maybe I'll post some thoughts on games I play, or books I read, or things I just do. I went to a Reptile show a week or two ago, and I love those things. You see so many exotic pets there, but I do wonder how said pets really like being taken from show to show, and then put in small containers or enclosures. But seeing some really rare snake or lizard morph is neat. I use to have a bearded dragon pet, and if my room could easily hold a dragon enclosure I would get another one! Alas, my room gets quite cold and I fear that would be a detriment to any reptile who wants to be alive.

And sometimes maybe I'll write about my own writing woes. I've been quite remiss as a writing partner lately and I feel I've struggled to get some good replies out in a timely manner… Or at all. And writing this initial post has really just been partially an attempt at getting my creative drive to start up and get revved, as it were. I think it's doing its job.

So what else…. Ah, I think I have some advice for general RP partners. And it's gonna sound a little harsh, but I don't mean it do.

Real winners quit

What does that mean? I'll tell you what I think it means. Sometimes, people try and force themselves to do things. These things can be anything – from picking up a hobby, working on a RP, to… Well anything like I said. But this is about roleplay in specific. It's OK to feel like an RP isn't working well, or that you aren't jiving with it. And to me, sometimes the answer to that is to just end it. And I'll be honest, a lot of my 'End its' are less due to a bad RP and more due to my own shitty personal hangups like a spat of depression spiraling into a post crazy delayed and me feeling the partner has lost interest by the time I can post. Or something along those lines. Either way, I just wanted to say that it's OK to drop something if it doesn't excite you. It could be RP, it could be a game, a book, a show or anything, really. Hit da bricks.

So that's it for my initial post I think. As I said, comments welcome.

Small lil update! From 6/5 to like... maybe 6/19 or 6/26 I'll be taking some time off of staff to chill and take a step back from staff duties. I'll still be around and on the site (Probably! I want to keep active RPs active), but I will be a vanilla user with no active staff powers for that duration.

Last edited:
Hectic work week! Every time I think it's gonna ease up it seems to do the opposite. maybe I should start thinking that work is gonna pick up so it'll slow down?

I'll be back to adminning on Wednesday or so abouts, but I hope people have had a good break from seeing me in red.

Back
Top Bottom