Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

𝓦𝓱𝓲𝓼𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓼 ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ 𝓢𝓸𝓾𝓵: A Cᴏʟʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏғ Hᴇᴀʀᴛғᴇʟᴛ Pᴏᴇᴛʀʏ

Ironic

ɪꜱɴ’ᴛ ɪᴛ 𝓘𝓻𝓸𝓷𝓲𝓬, ᴅᴏɴᴛᴄʜᴀ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ?
Staff member
W E L C O M E
I've been dabbling a bit into poetry recently.
I'd like to share my work within this thread.
If you have a comment, please PM it to me.
I'd like to keep this thread tidy.
2e56ac40b61a6df4617513432f0401a1.jpg
E L E M E N T S
These poems vary in themes.
Some are happy, some are depressing.
This is a reminder that it is okay to be sad sometimes.
Not everything has to be happy.

IMG-5967.gif

Springs Tearful Symphony
The air, crisp like a mint's cool embrace
Birdsong echoes through the verdant trees
Warmth, a balm for the soul, yet suffocating
Past horrors linger, haunting this serene space,
Where my soul craves the time that has been stolen from us
New beginnings once within reach, now shattered
My heart in constant disarray, bleeding for eternity
Tainting the blooming flowers with my crimson liquid,
Draining their once vibrant beauty, diluted and subdued.

B A C K G R O U N D I N F O
The narrative behind this revolves around the poignant loss I endured—the passing of my mother just a day before Easter in 2016, followed by the heartbreaking departure of one of my cherished feline companions, Peach, in April 2023. While springtime carries a natural allure, evoking sentiments of renewal and beauty, for me, it intertwines with sorrowful memories. The seasonal ambiance triggers vivid flashbacks, transporting me back to the raw emotions I grappled with when these significant figures in my life were taken away. It's a bittersweet juxtaposition, as I find myself oscillating between appreciating the seasonal splendor and grappling with the stark absence of my loved ones, who are no longer here to experience its wonders.

Last edited:
IMG-6066.gif

Peach Blossoms
Your fur, soft like the fruit you were named after with lingering scents of euphoria
Your eyes, twinkling with wonder and curiosity, my reflection peering back as I stare into your almond-black slits with swirls of gold encasing them
Your paw pads, cushiony and pink in hue - resembling a cotton candy sunset 
Your ears, perked and attentive, waiting for a playful command or love-filled expressions of appreciation
Your whiskers, elongated and white, sensing your surroundings with grace
Your meow, boisterous with a melodic tempo, the melody eliciting my beating organ to rejoice to its tune
Your purr, luring me into a hypnotic trance that warmed my soul and melted away the daily sorrows that plagued me
Your absence, overpowering every majestic quality I doted over, showering my life with a disorderly rain cloud levitating over my head and drenching me daily, reminding me of the gut-wrenching realization you cease to exist in the living world

As we approach the first anniversary of Peach's passing on April 2nd, I find myself reflecting on the life changes she has missed and the future moments she won't be a part of. Amidst the sorrow, I try to remember the beautiful qualities she possessed that always comforted me and grounded me in reality. Peach, I miss you deeply. Despite having 5 cats and 1 dog now, my heart still feels empty, and words cannot express the void you've left. You'll always be my princess, my DumpTruck, and my baby girl.

Last edited:
IMG-6100.gif

Healing with Daisies
In the depths of my tempest
A tumultuous void swirls overhead
Its menacing form daring to wreak havoc
Torrential downpour and icy pellets obscure my sight
Yet amidst the chaos, a solitary seed takes root,
Its sturdy stem stretching tall, shielding me from the deluge
As blossoms unfurl, they tenderly catch the raindrops
Offering solace amidst the storm's fury
Though a few droplets may penetrate my refuge
I find solace, strength, and the enduring splendor of existence yet again

After Peach's passing, I was in turmoil. Despite already having two male cats and a male dog, I longed for another female feline companion. There's an indescribable connection I feel with girl cats. Nearly two months later, my husband and I visited the local shelter and met Daisy, who was named Butterscotch at that time. The moment she nestled in my arms and comfortably fell asleep, I knew I had to adopt her. She was only six weeks old. Adopting her has been a decision without regrets, transforming a tumultuous time into one of comfort and warmth. Daisy brings light into my life, shielding me from the storm.

Back
Top Bottom