Closed ごくどう - Gokudo: the "Ultimate Path"

Closed - no longer seeking

Tantric Poetry

Unavailable Omnipresence
Update: Taken by Astral Rayne; Thank you for your interest!

Hello again, BMR. I've decided to create an alternative request thread that is rather niche and focused. I've recently been inspired by the Hulu series, Shōgun, through a particular scene. Without spoiling the series for anyone, the scene powerfully illustrates the Bushido code where honor and loyalty rises in the face of inevitable death. I would like to take this concept and apply it to a modern-day Yakuza storyline.

maxresdefault.jpg

The Environment
Our story will primarily be set in modern-day country of Japan. However, I don't imagine our plot being confined to the island-state. As our characters navigate their arcs, they may find themselves travelling abroad: to negotiate alliances and deals with those organizations in the neighboring Asian countries, act as the delegate to a neutral meeting ground in a "Western" country, or taking a vacation in an exotic paradise. The idea is to explore these immersive environments - whether that be a progressive bathhouse or a hole-in-the-wall bar - and detail all the facets, thereof.

The Politics
I imagine our characters being wrapped into the drama and business of the various Yakuza banners fighting one another and other organized transnational crime entities (Chinese Triads, Latin American Cartels, Italian Mafiosos). I would love for us to further develop the scope of these organizations - whether we want to develop our plot under one Yakuza group or have our characters initially pitted against each other between two warring Yakuza clans. I imagine that we can branch off from those points and map out the relationships of these groups in our roleplay. With that being said, we would adopt a general hierarchy to be played within the Yakuza group(s) with the identification of a clan head that is augmented with several captains and other key players, and the soldiers underneath them.

The Pace
I imagine the story unfolding slowly as it reveals the nature of our characters, as well as those non-playable characters around them. I don't imagine there being a specific rush toward any specific action, whether that be violence, smut, or drama. I would love for my partner and I to have a consistent dialogue out-of-character in parallel with our roleplay to map out some of these actions beforehand so that we can create something beautiful to both our liking.

Our Characters
I envision that my character would be a high-level captain following next in-line for succession as regent to the clan head's son. My character's honor and loyalty precede him, and enables him powerful counsel with the Yakuza boss. For your character, I envision her being an outsider who was "adopted" into the Yakuza families through an elopement with one of the high-level captains (whether in the same family or another Yakuza clan). The Yakuza family leverages her skills to translate and act on their behalf when it comes to foreign relations. I would love to discuss with my partner how we can potentially use these points to springboard from in order to create a beautiful story.

tumblr_84bc52b80676b3f3b0b8ef4f84eb7cbf_b22dfd86_540.gif
Him
267771165_284324530315960_3988377215679093255_n-e1640037269430.jpg
Her*
*Potential face claim; this is not really an important aspect to my request, but I just wanted to use that as part of this inspiration. If you would love to use face claims, please let me know and I would love to see what you have in mind.

If you are interested, please do not hesitate to PM me here on BMR! Enjoy!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom