Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Looking for reliable partners

FliptheRed

Moon
So, third post on the site, first request thread so...here goes. I'm using someone else's post as a structure reference so if you recognise the layout, thanks for helping because I'm terrible at this alone! <3

A little about me:

37 yo writer, living in the UK, working on my first book, (350+pages and counting), my first poetry anthology,(Just typing it all up from written notes), and heavy gamer with ADHD that makes me forget things a lot. So I apologise if I dont respond in a timely manner. I'll have this page linked on my desktop as a reminder until it sticks in my caffeine addled brain. You'll generally find me literally doing 5 different things at once including but not limited to, gaming, chatting, watching tv, playing various games, snacking, etc. Right now, as of this moment, I'm typing here, listening to music in my head (Eminem Godzilla), obsessively checking my phone for char messages, drinking coffee and trying to figure out what I'm going to do on the date i have on friday possibly I just found out about yesterday.

I'm currently between regular jobs for the foreseeable future so I should be able to post fairly often for a decent while. Likely daily, even when I do renter the workforce I can probably squeeze in at least one post a day.

I've written all kinds of legally appropriate fictional work with others. I stay away from anything even remotely close to be questionable. I wrote some successful pieces for an erotic literature site that got some pretty good feedback. I've also written a good amount of SFW product for groups over my time. Overall I do enjoy good quality SFW plots etc but I can also rock out a mind bending NSFW situation and work it into regular play when required.

Open to all ages but ideally someone with life experience for more realistic reactions to situations in stories, as Socrates said, Know Thyself. Applying your own experiences to a characters decision making process can really intensify a unique personality.

As you can tell I'm a pretty detailed writer when I get going and I try my best to be as detailed and progressive as possible giving multiple points for possible response, and thank the gods for spellchecker or this post would be unreadable.

I do prefer my partners to be of a similar disposition in terms of writing simply because it gives ample opportunities to respond and build upon the lore making process and give more emotional and mental insight into my characters reactions and actions taken. Having said that, I'm open to working with those who prefer to post small paragraphs aswell as long as there is something, anything, I can respond/react to. I'm not looking to talk to the preverbal wall and play puppet master here.

Must Haves and No Goes:

MUST: Be willing to improvise and help develop the story
MUST: Be open minded to potential plot lines etc
MUST: Be willing to take one for the team if it makes the story better/more exciting/more interesting (Fighting near a cliff? Someone, might be me, might be you, but someone is probably going over the edge. Whether they actually fall or catch themselves is based on the moment, but you get what i mean. See an opportunity, use it!)
MUST: Be open to a back and forth style of writing, meaning, I dont want to have to run the show the entire time, feel free to step forward and take the lead if the situation seems appropriate
MUST: Be aware actions have consequences, as in DnD, if you choose to burn down that orphanage, someone is gonna be rather upset.
MUST: Be understanding that I do forget things so i will likely need reminding that i have a reply waiting for me. Please do not take offense at my potentially forgotten replies, I have likely fallen down an unrelated rabbit hole and my priority list has likely been scrambled...again.

NO: Nothing sexually criminal, period, i dont even want to joke about it.
NO: No explicit NSFW without express consent of the other participants and must work well with the story. Mild NSFW is acceptable.
NO: Hijacking the storyline without discussing it with other potentially involved players, so yes you'll need to pay attention to all posts if there are multiple players.

Now that the basics are out of the way, I have some ideas.

Mage College:

Its an Isekai style world. For those who are unfamiliar, Isekai is basically when someone from our world gets sucked into another world where they discover they have access to fantastical magics and/abilities, usually in the style of a video game but we'll be sticking with pure magic here for this.

Setup: You die. That's usually how Isekais begin, it gives a great opportunity to write out how you passed in this world to give an insight into your character's motivation a touch of history and the reasons you ended up in that death situation. Doesn't have to be tragic, a lot of these events are 'random chance', such as getting hit by a truck unexpectedly.

You then wake up in one of the Five Elemental Kingdoms, Earth, Fire, Wind, Water, Spirit. Kinda like the last airbender universe but we go a step farther and have hybrids. Which i shall briefly explain later.
So you wake up in your chosen kingdom on a transport. This world is semi modern with magical technology, so think modern day but magic powers most things. You ask around and find out you are headed to the city of Unity (name up for debate), and almost everyone there is a young adult (18-24) who has been Quickened their abilities (meaning finally can control them after puberty) and has been sent to the M.A.G.E. Academy to learn how to use them properly before you accidentally cause death, destruction etc due to uncontrolled magical outbursts. You inherit up to two random elements from your parents genetic history based on percentage. Feel free to roll a dice for this if you so wish! (Can also have a double of the same elemental and be a 'pure' source)

Magic isnt a simple thing to wield. Control has to be earned from the elementals themselves. Elemental representatives must be summoned from crystals found in the Elemental Wastes and you must prove yourself via some test, whether it be a quest or usually, some form of combat or endurance test. You want my power? Lets see if you can take it! That sort of thing.

You are one of the rare "Double Hybrids", where your parents were each from a 'Pure' line. How you explain this is very open.

There is also a tournament at the end of each school year to test who is the most versatile and powerful wielder of the Elements.

Hybrids require approval from both elements they wield. The hybrids are Inferno(Fire/Fire), Typhoon (Water/Water), Terra (Earth/Earth), Storm (Wind/Wind), Energy (Spirit/Spirit), Volcanic (Fire/Earth), Dessication (Fire/Air), Acid (fire/Water), Enhancement (Fire/Spirit), Desert (Earth/Wind), Swamp (Earth/Water), Gravity (Earth/Spirit), Mists (Wind/Water), Acceleration (Wind/Spirit), and Life (Water/Spirit)

Aside from that it's just like a regular school, there will be drama, romance, excitement, classes, tests, etc etc. Would be a great concept for multiple people but I can easily make it work with me and one other, would simply be focused on just us two together.

I'll add more ideas as they come to me :) That one took a lot out of my brain for the moment, haha.

Back
Top Bottom