Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fx F or NB A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away . . . .

NerdyTransFemme

Meteorite
2560px-Star_Wars_Logo.svg.png

EPISODE VII: DAUGHTER OF DARKNESS
In an era of galactic prosperity, dark echoes from the past are hard to hear. However, within the sound of the New Republic, something stirs in the Force with enough strength that even the youngest of Master Skywalker's padawans can hear its pained call. The outer rim seems to be its source, but Skywalker is sadly unable to investigate himself, tied up as he is in the tensions growing in the New Galactic Senate between the planetary government of Naboo and the Second Jedi Order. So it is that the most skilled students of the Second Temple travel to the farthest reaches of the galaxy in his stead.

Meanwhile, in the darkness of deep space, an ancient threat slowly awakens. Planet after planet in the cosmic wilderness falls to the rising Dark Imperium of the Sith, unbeknownst to the new Jedi Order. Though the days of Darth Sidious and his Empire are over, the scars it left on the galaxy are opening into gaping wounds once more. As trouble brews for the first time in the New Republic, darkness looms just outside, waiting for the perfect time to strike.

And with the stirring, the storm clouds are dangerously close to the horizon . . . .

ABOUT ME
Hi! And thanks for taking the time to read my RT. My name is Sam (she/her), and I am a transbian with a bit of a hopeless romantic streak. If it isn't painfully obvious, I'm currently looking for partners who are interested in roleplaying with my Star Wars OC! She's kind of been a big part of my writing life since I was in college, so I've got a lot of ideas for what I'd want to do with her story-wise. The main throughline, though, is definitely angst and edge (though we can go more in depth with that later).

So, as for me: I'm an experienced writer but fairly inexperienced roleplayer as far as play-by-post rps are concerned. I have done a lot of TTRPGs, but that's a biiiit different than what I'm planning on doing here. Speaking of which! I'm mostly interested in roleplaying in DMs here, maybe threads if I'm feeling less anxious about that. I don't really have a taste for post length or grammar yet, though if I know myself I'd guess that I probably will care more about content over form. That said, though, feel free to fuck with the form as much as you want, too! I like that. Limits-wise, I'm not interested in sexual violence (violence outside of sex is ok), and any harder BDSM is a strict no. I haven't tried anything else, so I guess run things by me ooc before including them in the roleplay. I'm also predominantly interested in other trans women (I like writing t4t love stories!!), but any femme is welcome!

As you can already kinda guess, I'm building this RT as somewhat like a script for a Star Wars movie because I'm extra, so the headings are all gonna be scene headings (sorry if that's too weird! I can change it if it's stupid), and I'm gonna include some flavor text so you can get an idea of my writing style and enjoy yourself while reading!

KARA MIR
CLOSE UP: KARA MIR sits in front of camera, eyes closed. A gentle breeze blows, and alien creatures chirp and sing outside. We hear the voice of LUKE SKYWALKER offscreen.

LUKE (offscreen): Focus. Breathe. In. And out. In. And out.

We hear something beep and start humming as a circular shadow falls across Kara's face.

LUKE (cont.): Don't see. Sense. Don't lose focus. Don't lose balance.

We hear a lightsaber ignite and cut to a full shot of Kara, standing with her lightsaber held in front of her, a metal orb floating across from her. The orb fires a blaster bolt at her and she barely misses a block. The bolt hits her and she winces.

KARA: Fuck!

LUKE: Don't lose control. Breathe. Flow. Sense.

KARA: I'm trying!

LUKE: Don't try. Do.

The orb fires several more times, and Kara does a very poor job of blocking, getting visibly more agitated. Eventually, the orb's flight path falters and Luke presses a button on its top.

LUKE: Alright, that's enough.

KARA: No! I wasn't reaching for it!

LUKE: I can sense the darkness growing in you, Kara. Don't lie to me.

To make a very long, very sad story short, Kara Mir is a girl who's seen Hell. She was born in the Dark Imperium mentioned in the opening crawl, and at a young age she was cursed with a horrible purpose. However, this purpose is a secret that I don't want my partners' characters to know unless under very specific circumstances, so if you don't want to spoil a fun plot twist, feel free to ignore this spoiler:

The Sith overlords of the Dark Imperium found the young, force-sensitive girl very early in her life, and in an attempt to increase her chances of falling to the Dark Side, she was adopted and abused by Lord Kameleus. Though he would never cause her physical pain, she grew up fearing draconian punishments and frequent tirades from her adopted father. He would threaten and (in one horrible instance) kill the few friends she had whenever she did something to earn his ire, and so she grew up isolated and lonely. Whenever she expressed kindness or empathy, Kameleus would crush the emotions within her, often by harming those she had just helped or expressed kindness towards. All of this led to her growing into a very emotionally unstable adult with a penchant for the dark side, though fortunately she has yet to become a proper Sith.

Shortly after she turned 23, Kara ran away from home, commandeering a one-person starship and drifting through empty space until she was picked up by a group of goons working for the Hutts. Although she had yet to fall squarely into either the Jedi or Sith disciplines of Force usership, she did have a talent for certain dark side abilities, and thus she was recruited by the goons and brought under the Hutts' watchful eye. It is during this time in her life that our opening crawl mentions her; she is the stirring that Luke and his padawans sensed.

Kara spent a year working with the Hutts, becoming the personal bodygaurd of one of Jabba's nephews and (at least to keep public appearances from seeming suspicious) playing the role of an adoptive daughter of the Hutt Clan. However, when Luke sent his padawans to investigate the sudden appearance of a powerful dark side stirring in the Force, she left the clan (not without violence, of course-- her rescuers and her had to fight off the Hutts' men and even killed her adoptive father) and began training with the Second Jedi Order.

Today, Kara is somewhere between initiate and padawan within the Jedi temple, as her power and skill with the Force are hard to deny. But with her frequent tantrums and dark side talent, Luke and his padawans keep her at an arm's length. She must learn to control herself before she does something unthinkable and the dark side claims her for good . . . .

THE MAIN IDEA: WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR
KARA stands, the sheer power of the force and a few technological implements holding her broken body together just barely. YOUR CHARACTER stands across from her, looking on in horror at the the thing she has become. She ignites her lightsaber, a sharp shock of red that shakes and shimmers with extreme instability.

KARA: I never asked to be a part of this. All I ever wanted was to be left alone.

She steps forward, a walking corpse animated only by pain and hate. She has been crafted for this. She does all she knows. She swings wildly with her lightsaber. No technique. No training. Just a desire to kill. Just a desire to inflict the pain she feels on the galaxy around her.

Deep down inside Kara, there is a hurt and lonely little girl who has never healed from the things she experienced. This is kinda what I find most compelling about her: she has the capacity to do extreme evil, but that's because she's really just a kid lashing out at a world that she percieves as rotten and cruel. Any story involving her could absolutely end in tragedy. She could just wallow in her own darkness until that darkness becomes complete, and my god is that bleak.

That said, I like gushy romance bullshit, so maybe we don't have to have her story end with self-destruction? There will always be edge with Kara. In some ways, she is the dark side, and it'll take a lot of work to change her for the better. But I'm a strong believer in the transformative power of love and community, so I am absolutely down for a roleplay where she starts to open up and heal. That said, the major tension of the story will always threaten to rear its ugly head, and it's not gonna be easy work.

I guess to put it more plainly: I either want an epic tragedy with moments of peace and humanity to cut through all the darkness, or I want a slow-burn romance that ends with sunshine and rainbows. The biggest thing here is the dynamic between our characters: are we star-crossed lovers who can't save each other, or are we that missing piece?

Back
Top Bottom