Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Regarding the use of AI

Zavaya

Super-Earth
AI is with us, whether we like it or not. I've been learning some prompt engineering and other things regarding AI and it could maybe be useful to set up some guidelines for this on roleplay forums.

It has the ability already to write stories for us. Are there rules and guidelines for the use of prompt to text AI on this forum. Think for example of letting your partners know you are using AI to either help you or completely write your posts. This to prevent the line between human input and AI input to become very, very obscure or even fade all together.
I appreciate if this isn't a simple answer to give as there's quite a bit of debate on this topic 'in the real world' as well.

The next question is for those of us who prefer some kind of visual for our characters and to a lesser degree, our environments and cities and what not, prompt to picture.

Since an AI generated image is purely, 100% fictional, it doesn't have an age (unless the picture is based on an existing character). If the image of a character looks underage but the character it has to model for in the RP is of legal age, is there a correct way to approach this? For example, the character the AI created looks young but the character they play in an RP is 16 or older, do we add a small line of text explaining that? Should we avoid the pictures all together? How do we go about that?

I'll give an example, maybe that helps.

This picture for example. She looks young, the caption of the picture is 'young Dany Targaryan. It doesn't specify the age. If for an RP we'd use this picture to portray a character that is of legal age for whatever we have in store for the character, how can we all make sure we're within the rules of BMR and the legal rules of whatever country we live in?

For the purposes of artwork and the underage concern my understanding is that it's up to the discretion of the moderators whether or not a character image appears too young to be utilized on this forum. To be more specific; mods have stated that it doesn't matter if you claim a character is old enough if the image itself appears too young out of context. So it would be a case-by-case basis for each individual image utilized, AI generated or not.

If you are ever in doubt before utilizing an image you can message a moderator and ask them to determine if it is acceptable in advance. This has been said by multiple mods in the past regarding the subject.

I don't believe there are any current rules regarding the use of AI for writing assistance but I agree that it's a concern and likely should be addressed sooner than later. Common sense would be to request that people share such information if they like to use it for that purpose but I'm not exactly sure there's much way to detect or police that.

I like to use images in my posts, at least for the characters since the visuals help me. I have an ever growing library but it is still interesting how often I am not finding something that satisfies as a faceclaim.

Since I like to toy around with AI-Art, I started to use it for characters and a few scenic pictures. I do ask my partners though, if they are okay with it. Or what their preferences are. Some like not to see a photo or something drawn and nowadays something AI generated might not be the other persons thing.

I do make sure to not use anything that looks potentially to young, enforcing "negative prompts" with terms like "child" or "teenager" while adding ages like "20 years old" or "mature" in the positive.

As far as using AI to write posts, there are not currently any regulations in place that would prevent this. If this is something you're concerned about, I recommend talking to your partner(s) about this concern.

As for images, Lord DreamCrusher and Kassia are correct. AI images are judged just as art is, by staff and on a case-by-case basis, and if staff consensus is that the image appears to be below sixteen, it would not be permitted to be used. If you (or any other member) have questions about suitable images, please message a member of staff so we can discuss amongst us and get back to you privately.​

Back
Top Bottom