Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

how many stories did you participate in simultaneously?

Style404

Meteorite
Heya everyone

So with threads, pms, and even Discord I imagine only having time for 2 or max 3 stories at the same time. then again I've seen people mentioning "an answer every few days" which opens up more capacity.

So I got to thinking if you ever accepted more than you could manage and where was the limit?

When I first started writing on BM, I could manage well over a dozen RPs. Some were consistent, daily and weekly replies. Others were slower, once or twice a month type things. Now, I can barely hold down like 6, even when most have weekly or monthly replies. Should also take into account I do also write a lot, 500-1000 words per reply, so daily responses are not very common for me.

Heya everyone

So with threads, pms, and even Discord I imagine only having time for 2 or max 3 stories at the same time. then again I've seen people mentioning "an answer every few days" which opens up more capacity.

So I got to thinking if you ever accepted more than you could manage and where was the limit?
i take on quite a few at a time, just because i do have the time to devote to them (even if my replies are sporadic) and i'm never sure which will last long-term. i don't ever want to be completely without things to write, so i figure if i can maintain them, i'll always take more on.

I think my max number of concurrent stories was...8 or 9. Not entirely sure.

But that's too much, especially now. Three to four is my limit these days, and I typically only reply about once a week to each...because I have a life as well. :)

4-5 stories at a time generally. I have time to offer each at the moment, though, so it makes sense for me to be able to offer that.

I rarely ever take on more than 3 simultaneously. Answering to 3 role plays would take me at least 1 hour of inspiration and me-time. I can't sit down right after work and write, I need to come down first, so it's usually at night. Take into account that I have to be inspired to deliver quality answers...

That's how I limit myself.

However, in reality, even if I take on 3 or 4 role plays it rarely is a daily thing, so I manage and could take on more. Not to mention getting ghosted or ending a rp frees up my schedule.

At this point, I'm giving Discord another chance, and prefer shorter Replies to keep it more fast paced and also easier to reply to.

2 or 3 max, but I prefer to focus on a single one, to give my partner 100% of my thought and attention, even when waiting for their reply, anticipating what their reply might be and thinking ahead what I might reply to that myself next, so we can utilize the time the best.

When I was most active in roleplaying. I had several ongoing chat rps, several private message based rps, a small group forum game and was two table top games. I think the busiest I was was 7-9 regular games over the course of a week.

These days it's mostly world building and theory crafting. I'm hoping to get one or two games going to hone the creative edge.

I like a lot! But that's because I do a lot of chat sites 😅 Chats were 200 words at most, I wanna do more on forums! So maybe 2 or 3?

The most I've ever done is 15 which was a ton lol

And the only reason I had that many was because so many of them were slow/infrequent in terms of replies from my partners, such as those that would only reply once every month or couple of weeks.

I have had the displeasure of juggling 10+ roleplays at the same time. A severe case of one tantalizing offer coming in right after another.

Would not recommend. :sneaky:

Right now I’m doing eight, but they’re pretty well spaced out so it’s not that much of a problem.​

I used to start roleplays with pretty much anyone who wanted to roleplay, even tho I wasn't that invested in the plot. Little did I know that it was a terrible idea, lol.

Now I've got a maximum of 3-5 good roleplays at the same time. For me, that's just the right amount to be equally invested in them all, while none of them feels like a chore nor do I ever feel like I'm falling behind. But then again, I'm pretty chill when it comes to replies.

That is difficult. Like a job in sales, I find you have to have the solid customers, the customers you are teasing into replying regularly and then the prospective clients. Understand you are probably going to lose a third of your writers a week on here, so it gets tricky. Long answer to a short question, I have had as few as zero going on and as many as ten (probably more).

Going back a bit when my ideas were more popular I would have up to about 8 RP's going at once and it could get pretty crazy. There was also a time when I had a steady RP partner and we had about 7 stories going but we were writing responses about 3-4 paragraphs long so it could be pretty quick. I have had a partner who would write up ro 12 paragraphs at a time and that would take more time and I wouldn't want as many stories going at the same time.

Every roleplay has its own cognitive overhead for me. Some of that is post frequency, complexity of plot, characters etc. Honestly I can do 1 good roleplay, 1 up and down roleplay and thats about it. Any more than that is not happening.

i know for a fact that if i take on too many roleplays, i burn out really quickly, so even with weekly responses, i don't have more than 3-4 active roleplays at the same time.

That's a truly interesting question, and I always wondered about the possible "max" of active roleplays...I believe that it depends - and not only on you, but also on the temperament and activity of your fellow roleplayers. If you want to manage daily updates - then probably two or three is the limit. With weekly responces... Probably five to six? But it is all assuming that you're inhuman-level, grizzled veteran of RP, that didn't ever hear about such things as writer's block or burnout.

Back
Top Bottom