Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Kushiel's Saga

Chris_tina

Moon
I have decided to try and write a fan-fic based on Jacqueline Carey's wonderful alternate earth timeline. I would love to RP in the setting if there are any that know the books, as well as love comments on my ideas for the story as well as suggestions for direction.

**Please do not post here, this thread is for the story as I write it.**

The basics for the story are as follows:

The Unseen were powerless to stop it, as Vralia rose under the banner of the bloodied cross. First came the swordpoint conversion of the Tartars, shortly followed by the Skaldi. A former guild member, somehow still alive after his treachery, had the ear of Emperor Vladimir ben Micah leading him toward further conquest. Had conversion to theYeshuite religion of the holy empire not been part of the equation, King Girard de la Courcel of Terre d'Ange would have handed over his kingdom peacefully.

Parliment voted strongly against it, plunging the realm into a war that was to last several decades. D'Angeline soldiers stood by their Aragonian and Caerdicci allies as the Tartars and the Skaldi came screaming from the north driven by their Vralian masters. In the end, King Girard lay dead on the battlefield, and the rest of the Courcel line lay dead at the hands of an unknown assassin. Elua's children had been stripped of their throne...

First to die was the honor of the Court of Night Blooming Flowers, centerpoint of the decadence of Terre d'Ange. The 'morality' of the Vralian Yeshuites wouldnt allow for such sins to be comitted in the names of these foreign 'gods' that were being absorbed into the new faith. Adepts were thrown into the streets, as the palace-like thirteen houses were claimed by the Vralian officials that would remain in the city of Elua. With no remaining members of the Courcel line to claim it, the throne lay vacant until Anton Shahrizai proved his loyalty and became governor of Terre d'Ange. The people knew then who had betrayed the King's family, but were powerless to do anything about it.

Everyone had forgotten Jerome De la Courcel, twin brother of the late King Girard. He had gone to Terra Nova years before the war ever started in the hopes of making something of himself without the throne. He had been governor of the D'Angeline and Alban territories, giving up the position once word of the war had come. He wanted so much to return home, knowing however that there was nothing he could truly do. And so, the descendants of Elua disappeared in the new world, far from the reach of the Vralian Empire. Many fleets set sail with survivors of the war. as the great Kingdoms fell over the centuries.

Soon Aragonia and Euskerria fell to the Empire, absorbed into the whole. Without the threat of the Master of the Straights, Alba didnt last long under the assault of the Empire, though conversions were difficult when the people disappeared into the wilderness to continue the old ways. It was the last living Princep of Tiberium however that brought together the might of the remaining Caerdicci states, Illyria, Hellas, Menkhet, and Carthage, as well as many of the island nations with men to spare. The Mediterranean Union has harried the Vralian Empire for well over a century, halting the expansion of the rising superpower, drawing their attention away from the growing confederated city-states of Terra Nova.

I intend the main character to be the surviving descendant of Jerome de la Courcel, I had also intended on making her the first Anguisette in centuries. The story will roughly be within the late 1700's or early 1800's, a perfect time for a revoloution,no? If there are any fans of the books out there, I'm sure a few of you will tell me how terrible the entire set up for my idea is. Constructive criticism is always helpful.

Back
Top Bottom