Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Super Changes (1x1 w/ Frozen Princess)

LadyWolfie

Fanfic Writer
It had all happened so fast that Torunn didn't truly understand what was happening until it was too late to argue. Ragnarök has begun and there was of course no way to stop it, however Thor wanted to protect his Daughter. As such, with the help of his brother Loki and Heimdall they had sent the Princess of Asgard away to protect her. Torunn had no time to bid her father not her mother, Lady Sif farewell before her father had pushed her into the spell modified Bifrost. Of course Thor would not send his daughter away alone or unprotected, as such, with Oden's blessing Thor sent his trusty hammer Mjolnir as well with simple instructions, "Protect my daughter old friend." than the hammer too was thrown into the Bifrost, to where, not even Loki knew for sure.

The skies over Metropolis darkened as a sudden storm blew in out of no where turning what had been a calm day into a sudden rush to find shelter from the rain as it started and lightning creased across the sky. Everyone was baffled as the news had reported that it would be a clear day, with no rain expected for the entire week. Even the news agencies began to report on the strange and oddly powerful storm, with Perry White of the Daily Planet going on one of his infamous rants towards his Star Reporters about how they didn't see this coming and the could have published a scoop before now.

Meanwhile the storm became even more violent as a strange energy built, setting off numerous sensors designed to detect such power spikes. Than what appeared to be a large tornado made of energy appeared and rapidly descended to the ground in the middle of a busy intersection near the center of the city. There was a loud boom or crack like an explosion or sudden crash of thunder as the whirling energy surged violently for a moment before dispersing and causing a massive blackout throughout the city.

When the dust settled it revealed a large crater where the swirling energy had touched the ground, but that was not what had many people gasping. For in the center of the crater there was what appeared to be a young woman with long blonde hair laying on the ground. However no one could get close as there seemed to be an electrical current surrounding the crater and the girl. Along with the strangeness of the sight, was the outfit the girl was wearing, it looked like something one might see at a Renaissance Fair, not the middle of a modern city. Despite not being able to get close, the people were still curious and some tried to get a closer look, even attempting to film on their phones only to find they did not work in the immediate area following the strange energy tornado. Perhaps to most people from Metropolis who were used to Superman this wasn't a strange sight, but it was made more unusual by the storm that had accompanied the girl's appearance in the crater. After several long minutes of people wondering if the girl was alive or how she could have survived such an event she began to stir. This had many of the braver citizens that had approached to scramble away, not knowing if this strange person was a threat or not.

Meanwhile several miles away on the outskirts of a small town a similar storm had sprang up for seemingly nowhere, sending many people into storm and tornado shelters for fear of just that. As such, when a similar spike of energy and strange swirling energy tornado had appeared, no one had seen it. Nor the much larger crater left by the seemingly ordinary, if not overly large hammer. Of course that didn't mean the event was unnoticed as several Government Satellites had picked up the energy surge and groups like the DEO, ARGUS, and Cadmus, as well as Companies like Wayne Enterprises and LexCorp.

((@Frozen Princess ))

The small town was actually exactly that. A one horse town, halfway between Smallville KS and Fawcett City (basically St Louis). Even the name was bland, like they weren't even trying. Normal MO, population 20.

Kara Kent, a new student heading for Metropolis and Super Hero High, had agreed to meet a friend, hero Mary Batson, aka Mary Marvel there. She was just getting off the bus, watching the sky to the east for her hero friend when the wind picked up.

"Looks like it's blowin' up a jimmycane, kid! You best get inside!" The bus driver yelled as he bolted for the diner.

Kara just stood there, awestruck as the multi-colored tornado touched down in the wheat field right across from the diner/bus stop in Normal, Missouri. Storms like this moved. This one didn't. It just sat there. Entranced, Kara finally watched it dissipate after a few minutes, and finally walked over to the crater where the hammer lay. It looked like a normal sledge hammer to her, but when she tried to pick it up with one hand or both she couldn't.

Mary landed a few seconds later. "Kara, what do you think you're doing?"

Straining, and finally giving up, she turned to her friend. "This sledge hammer fell out of the sky when a tornado touched down. I can't lift it!"

Mary chuckled. "I thought you were stronger than your cousin Superman. Get out of the way, let the strongest mortal girl on earth have a go at it!"

She soon learned the hard way, she couldn't either! "Impossible! What IS that sledge hammer even made of?! It can't be kryptonite, otherwise you'd be the only one weak. Come on, Kara, let's just get away from it. That's what the DEO or ARGUS are for."

But they wouldn't be able to move it either...
----------------

In Metropolis, at the aforementioned high school, Professor turned Dean, James Gordon, who in another timeline was the police commissioner in Gotham, looked out his third story classroom, which currently only had him and his daughter Barbara. Barbara spoke up first. "Since when do we get tornadoes on the east coast?"

Gordon sighed. "Last one, which also went unpredicted, was January 1978. During the great Metropolis Blizzard." As he went to call his friend, Bruce Wayne, Barbara only nodded. "Hellova way to start your first year as Principal of Super Hero High, Dad."

"Watch your mouth, Babs, but I agree. Especially when Superman's cousin is supposed to be coming here from Smallville. And it's Dean, not Principal. This is a school for heroes... Batgirl."

"Ouch, Dad." She then left, hearing her dad as she left:

"Hi Bruce, it's Jim in Metropolis. How quickly could you get up here from Gotham?"

Meanwhile, across town, after the chewing out by Perry, Lois Lane and Clark Kent arrived on scene just in time for the young woman to drag herself out of the crater. Lois rushed forward as Clark held back. "Lois Lane, Daily Planet, do you have any words for the people of Metropolis after you survived that freak tornado? More importantly, are you alright?"

Slowly Torunn started to get up, and as she did she opened her eyes, which glowed and spark with lightning. In fact her entire body seemed to crackle with electricity as she stood and slowly walked to the edge of the crater only to be met with a woman rushing towards her with something in her hands. In her current state she couldn't be sure what the woman was carrying. Not knowing here she was put her on high alert and her fight or flight reaction was still in full force. Being an Asgardian and Daughter of Thor, she chose fight. She drew her sword and cut the items in the dark haired woman's hands in half as she glared at the woman.

"How dare you attack the Princess of Asgard!" she shouted in Asgardian before pointing the blade at the woman and glaring at anyone moving towards her. Her eyes still seemed to spark with lightning as the glowed blue. "Where is this place?"

Of course she knew about Earth, or Midgard as she knew it, but she had never been there and had no way of knowing that is where she was, just not her own, and that they couldn't understand her speech. Of course she did understand what Lois said, or perhaps she would have if she hadn't been in a state of confusion and disoriented from crossing into a different universe than her own. Without lowering her sword she looked back towards the sky.

"Heimdall! Bring me back, open the Bifrost!" she called towards the sky. "Please...." she added, her last words more of a whisper.

Lois blinked, but otherwise didn't react more than to say, "That was my favorite pen!"

Clark, meanwhile, had disappeared, and now returned as Superman, getting between Lois and the angry (seemingly to him) young woman. "Let's put the sword down, young lady. No one here wants to hurt you. Can you speak English? What happened?"

A blonde braided ponytail teen girl finally spoke up. "It's ancient language even for this Norwegian, but I think I recognized a few words. Asgard and Heimdall. Let me try, Superman."

Superman looked at the blonde teen, and then shrugged. "All right, Princess Kaari."

Kaari stepped forward, showing her hands, slightly raised, that she didn't have anything in them, and spoke in modern Norwegian. "Hello, Miss. I'm afraid no one is going to understand your language, you can speak to me, that is if you understand me. What's your name? I THINK I heard you mention Asgard? So our Scandinavian gods are real? Welcome to Midgard. This is Metropolis, America. My name is Kaari Arendalr, and I hope we can be friends?" She held out her open hand for the woman to shake, and everyone watching, including the smiling Norwegian princess, hoped that she didn't suddenly lose it with a swipe of that sword for her good will.

The appearance of the man wearing blue with a big "S" on the chest had Torunn step back only to drop into a fighting stance as she stared up at the man her eyes still glowing with lightning. Hearing his comment made her frown as she indeed understood him, and even as she other woman stepped up to speak with her, the annoyance, anger, and suspicion didn't dissipate. In fact as her annoyance seemed to spike the storm did as well.

"Of course I understand basic you dotard!" she snaps "I will not be deceived for one of my Uncle's tricks!"

Then she turned her attention to the girl, turning her sword towards her but listened as she spoke, frowning as she did so. The language sounded like her own, but somewhat different. Regardless, she would have understood the girl, though she continued to frown.

"If thou were a friend thou would aid me in returning to Asgard to put a stop to Ragnarok and save my parents." she snapped before turning back to the sky once more. "Heimdall, please!" she shouted once more. This time as she shouted towards the sky she raised her sword and a lightning bolt arced into the sky, dissipating the electrical energy from around Torunn and she fell to her knees feeling drained as she felt tears starting to form in her eyes and blur her vision.

Kaari stumbled back a step or two, and lost her smile. Apparently, this woman could speak HER Norwegian. Still in her native tongue, and embarrassingly rubbing the back of her head, she said, "Your uncle? Ragnarok?" Her mouth dropped in realization, and she continued in English. "But according to Midgard myth, Ragnarok is the end, and even if I knew how, you were sent here to protect you by..." Her hands suddenly went to her mouth and her eyes got big and filled with tears; she was looking at the last Asgardian, unless others managed to escape, too. "Oh no, no, no, no. If your uncle is Loki, your dad has to be Thor. Grandpa Odin... I'm sorry, I'm so so so sorry."

Lois blinked again, looking between the two Norwegian women. "Mind telling this poor American reporter what you two are talking about? Are you talking about myths?"

Kaari glared at Lois. Speaking English, she said, "Actually, yes, I do mind. All you need to know, is that like Superman here, she's the last of her kind." Back to the stranger, she remarked, "I'm a little rusty on my mythos, as I don't remember Thor having a daughter. And to show you I am your friend, I'll help you search for anything Asgardian, that Thor might have sent after you. If they were actually facing Ragnarok, there's nothing a mere mortal can do to get you back. I have an idea what, but I need access to a computer to search for any non- terrestrial signature, like maybe a second bifrost. So, I ask again, what is your name?"

Lois still looked lost, sure the Greek gods were real, she'd even met a few. She couldn't wrap her head around Norse ones also being real, or at least WERE, if she was understanding this conversation right. "Superman, I think I need to lay down... Could you tell Clark to let Perry know...?"

With a chuckle, Superman nodded. "I'll help you to your apartment, Ms Lane."

Once Kaari would get her name, she would take her to Super Hero High, and the library so she could get on a computer. School didn't start for a few more days, but Dean Gordon, or even the librarian Bookworm wouldn't mind her using a school computer once Kaari explained things. Maybe Diana, the princess of Themiscyra could help, although her gods were Greek, not Norse.

Last edited:
Upon hearing that her father might be dead she felt her anger once more flair and she stood and turned towards the other girl. "My father is not dead! He is the Mighty Thor!" she snapped before looking back towards the sky one last time but gave up on calling to Heimdall, clearly he was too busy or he was ignoring her. With a sigh she turned back to the girl. Torunn wasn't up for a fight she felt too drained to do much. Hearing the girl say she would help to find a way home but she didn't understand much about Midgard technology if that's where she really was now.

"It seems I have no other choice but to accept thy offer to aid me." Torunn said as she put her sword away. "I am Torunn Thorsdottir, Princess of Asgard. And I could do with a bit of rest first." she added as she stood up straight and joined the other girl. Having been raised entirely on Asgard she didn't really know anything about Midgard or what she would need to do or where she could go.

Meanwhile in Gotham City the Daughter of Nightwing and Starfire, Mari Grayson had recently turned on the news and seen the odd weather going on in Metropolis and frowned as the reporter talked about a strange storm. "Well that's odd." she commented as she went about making breakfast as she listened to the news.

Kaari nodded, continuing to offer her hand to help Torrun. "A pleasure Princess Torrun of Asgard. My title is Princess Kaari of Arendelle. My mother is Queen Elsa. We royals need to stick together."

At the school, Dean Gordon listened intently. "Unfortunately, with no family here to vouch for her," he looked apologetically over the top of his glasses to Torrun, "I can't let her stay but two nights. Once school starts...." He sighed pinching the bridge of his nose, clearly torn between the rules of Super Hero High, and his own conscience.

Kaari was adamant. "Then I'LL vouch for her! We can be sisters on paper, and she can even room with me. I don't have a roommate yet! Talk to my mom! Tell her everything I've told you!" She said slapping the Dean's desk.

Gordon nodded. "Fine, Princess. But just remember, YOU'RE here as a courtesy to Queen Elsa. Having diplomatic immunity doesn't mean you can go nuts on school grounds. You can still get expelled. Mind your manners. Go to the library. Tell Alex Wyvern I said it was alright for you to use the computer."

Kaari blinked, "Who?"

"Head librarian. You also know him as Bookworm." Gordon said, rolling his eyes. "I'll meet you down there after I speak to your parents."

Kaari then led Torrin back down to the library and hopped on a computer, after logging on. "Let me just use the heroes access code to hook in to NORAD, and... There. Now, you arrived about 90 minutes ago, so... Well, that's interesting." She pointed to the screen. "The bifrost makes the same radar signature as a severe thunderstorm with a well defined hook echo. At least you don't have to worry about the government coming after you. The NWS at Norman, Oklahoma may be sending some people out to investigate damage.." She stopped and her mouth dropped. She enlarged the section of Missouri where a similar thunderstorm with a hook echo appeared five minutes after Torrun did. "Unless that was an actual tornado that hit there, we need to get to Normal, Missouri." She put the two, Torrun's bifrost, and the Normal Missouri radar, side by side. Torrun would recognize both being exactly the same, thus both being bifrost, but Kaari didn't. In fact she even asked, "What am I looking at, here?"

Bookworm checked on the two. "Everything alright here?" He adjusted his glasses. "Interesting, Kaari. I didn't know any better, I'd say those two storms, five minutes and over a thousand miles apart are identical. Logically, they can't be."

Meanwhile, Elsa and Jack Frost both got back to Gordon and okayed Torrun. Frost himself vouching for Torrun, saying he'd met her!

In Gotham, Bruce buzzed Mar'i's cell with a text. How'd you like to take a trip to Metropolis with your dad and me. I need you in your civilian guise, don't forget your sunglasses. An old friend of mine wants to see me at Super Hero High School. Something about an anomaly. Might be interesting. See if your girlfriend wants to tag along.

Olive Silverlock, who had been disowned by her family because of hanging out with Wayne and his ilk, walked into the living room in her pajamas. "Babe, that was about five rings, someone blowing up your texts because they don't know shorthand or what?" Would Mar'i want to stay at a private school for superheroes? Would Olive want to?

Last edited:
Torunn was still in a state of shock and simply seemed to be following where Kaari led, which seemed to be into the office of the man in charge of the place. She frowned as he said she wouldn't be able to stay long, it seemed rather rude to be treated as she was, but what authority did she have here? In Asgard she was the Princess and Midgard was one of the realms the protected, in fact her father had been the protector of Midgard, a job he said he'd pass on to her some day. Shouldn't her people be revered in some way? As far as she knew Asgardians were worshipped as Gods in this place. But she had always been taught to be humble, but that didn't stop her from being confident. But at this moment she was lost and needed the aid of anyone willing to help. As such she kept her tongue in check as she followed the other girl out of the office and to the library.

"A strange contraption..." she muttered as she looked at the computer that Kaari was using but otherwise remained silent. Torunn watched the girl working on the computer and watched as she pulled up the images, she had honestly never seen such a view of the Biforst and could not for sure know what they were looking at. "If that is what the Bifrost looks like on your magic box, than that must be something that followed me. Anyone that investigates that, may very well be in danger." Torunn replied as she stood back up turning to see the man who was speaking and frowned.

"And what is it, you would know of them?" she asked skeptically.

Mar'i looked at her phone and arched a brow as she read the messages sent by her Grandfather and turned to see Olive enter the room. "It seems my Grandfather would like us to make a trip to Metropolis, something to do with those weird storm I guess." she replied as she moved over to Olive and kissed her cheek before she went to get her things so they could make the trip to Metropolis.

Gotham City

Olive smiled and leaned into the kiss, before frowning and watching Mar'i head back to their bedroom. "What now? We're going up north? Weird storm? I wish you guys would speak English..." Due to her mom being a villain and died in the collapse of Arkham, and she herself having the same fire abilities of her mom, she understood very little about superhero. She did trust, and even fell in love with Mar'i, and once the rest of her family disowned her, she had no where else to go, but Dick Grayson, his wife Koriand'r, and Mar'i took her in. Olive didn't know if she wanted to develop her powers or even if she wanted to use them... For anything. Once to save Gotham Academy was more than enough. She shrugged, and followed Mar'i back in to the bedroom. "I suppose, if I'm coming, we both have to wear sunglasses, since it's already public knowledge I'm your girlfriend. I still don't understand that stupid rule." She muttered. "But what do you pack to investigate storms? We're not the weather service." If nothing else, Olive remained logical.

Metropolis

Bookworm stepped away from the computer. "Literature isn't my only forte, my good woman. I'm also well versed in chemistry, physics, meteorology, and biology in sciences, computers and linguistics." Kaari then swore in Norwegian, earning her a stare from the ex-villain. "Language! Don't make me tell your mother on you." He then addressed Torrun again. "Storm signatures are much like snowflakes. No two are alike." He pointed to the screen as Kaari tried to print the screenshots side by side and swore in Norwegian again. He continued explaining to Torrun. "These two being identical is the exception to the rule." He glared again, "Up, princess. I'll set up to get the copy for you. Some of these computers can be temperamental. It's starting to make YOU temperamental." After a few tries, he frowned. "Oh. There's the problem. You can't have NORAD and NWS. They both have to be radars from the same service. Let's go with National Weather Service. Ahhh. Yes. There's your two storms. Side by side. Still look identical, which as I said, is an oddity. Print. In color. There you go. That easy, Kaari." He got up to retrieve the copy from the printer.

The Norwegian princess turned almost bright pink in embarrassment. Turning to Torrun, she said, "Sorry you had to see me like that."

Gordon arrived shortly thereafter. "Torrun. Good news. You're cleared to stay here and even attend superhero lessons. You'll room with Kaari Arendalr, here. The Queen of Arendelle cleared you, and Jack Frost claims he not only knows you, but is friends with your grandpa, Odin. Something about helping your grandpa with a frost giant problem about ten years back? Jötnar, I think he called them. Sound familiar?"

Back
Top Bottom