Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Will our Sent Box in PMs be retrieved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawr Kitten

Super-Earth
Hi and good morning.

First of all, let me just thank you for all of your hard work in putting something in place for all of us; any sandbox, even with limited toys, is a place to play.

And, my Inbox is fine (I think since if some people did respond and I didn't get it, I simply wouldn't know), however, my Sent Box? Is empty.

I wanted to know if they might be recovered, or if they are lost forever. Thanks so much. And maybe if I'm the only one affected...

Rawr Kitten said:
Hi and good morning.

First of all, let me just thank you for all of your hard work in putting something in place for all of us; any sandbox, even with limited toys, is a place to play.

And, my Inbox is fine (I think since if some people did respond and I didn't get it, I simply wouldn't know), however, my Sent Box? Is empty.

I wanted to know if they might be recovered, or if they are lost forever. Thanks so much. And maybe if I'm the only one affected...

I'd be curious to know that as well. And also to know if the messages that were sitting in our outboxes were converted to the appropriate inboxes, or if we need to recreate them.

Also, I doubly echo the sentiment above, THANK YOU!!! :heart::heart:

I'd like to know as well. There were a few PM RPs that I still needed to archive before doing a purge, and the sudden decrease in PM space kinda makes me worry for them (Before the switch over I was only using about 30%, now its shot up to around 70% D: ).

On the bright side, atleast Blue Moon is back, for the most part anyway, so thats a good thing. Now back to mapping out the new layout so I know what leads to where and how best to find stuff.

Thanks for all your hardwork getting it back up to this extent. If they cannot be recovered...bummer!

Well if they're in people's Inboxes putting them in people's sent boxes can be done.

Just priority now is to get some antispamming stuff working fastlike.

Alright, I've figured it out. Sent pms are stored independently of their originals. Insane.

Fixable, but a lot more time consuming than a simple query, I'm afraid.

They can be salvaged. There are two options. One is to just hook something off of your e-mail address that grabs everything you sent from the old phpBB database. That's a lot cleaner, but people who've changed their e-mails may miss out, but I suppose I could handle that individually.

The other is to reinsert duplicates of all posts currently in the database that don't have a sent duplicate. Messy, will take a lot of time to run, but at least sent messages will be stored in people's sent boxes.

I guess the question is, is having it in the sent box more important than retrieving them all in one grab.

I think just getting them would be great, they dont really need to be in the sent box as far as I am concerned. Once I had them I could take care of what I needed to do from there. Thats just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom