Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fx M or F Fandom Fancies for Obligate Obscurists

Madam Mim

One Big Modern Mess
Last Update: 2 November 2023, 3:20pm EST
What's New: New thread! Table of contents navigation, lots of tidying and organizing, updated cravings, standardization with general RT

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Welcome to my new and improved fandom request thread! I revamped my main RT back in March(?) and have been wanting to do the same with this thread. This one won't be quite so comprehensive; no search function, no song prompts, no prefab characters. This is because the nature of fandom requires a different structure, and also I've rarely gotten a bite on this thread so I'm not going to give myself the headache of tags for very little reward. Writing samples (non-fandom) can be found here and in the posts below that. If you've already seen my main RT feel free to skip down to Plots. If not, I highly suggest you read the rules and F-List sections. Please note that I am always willing to reciprocate an OCxCanon relationship so long as mine is met too.

ABOUT ME

For those for whom it matters, I'm a 30-something bisexual cis woman living in the EST timezone (GMT -5). I have no preference for your real-life age, sexuality, or gender so long as you're a good writer. I've been writing fiction prose nearly my entire life, and started RPing via passing notes with my best friend in math class in 7th​ grade. I've been RPing online since my mid-teens and in my late teens/early twenties was a mod on a small RP forum before the website fizzled after having our members poached. This is all to say: I view RP primarily as cooperative story-telling. BMR just happens to be smutty cooperative story-telling. ;)

Grad school is done and I have very little social life or connection to the community I'm currently living in, so I'm taking on as many RPs as I can handle at the moment. I write only in threads and PMs, and don't typically take things off site unless I know you well. In the plots section, anything struck out is either being used and I'm not looking for another take, or I'm not currently accepting offers to write that plot.

Rules are a must-read, and your PM will go directly into the trash if you haven't. I would prefer if you at least skimmed plot ideas and/or keywords, and if none of that vibes with you that's fine and we can work something out. But it will give you an idea of the sorts of stories I like and the ones I'm likely to say no to. Also, please don't message me proposing sex and only sex.

CRAVINGS

Kink Cravings: blindfolds, collars, corruption, dubcon, interracial, multiple partners, nipple piercings
Plot Cravings: A Half-Eggcup Full of Glory, Clerical Error, Doubting Thomas, Something Peculiar
Fandom Cravings: Hunchback of Notre Dame, Jonathan Strange&Mr. Norrell, Magnus Archives, Old Gods of Appalachia, Once Upon A Time, Supernatural

RULES

What You Can Expect From Me
What I Expect From You
  • Long term
  • Literate to advanced (but no purple prose)
  • Generally 2-4 paragraphs, but they can be longer. My intro posts tend to be accidentally monstrous because I like to get a feel for my character. I don't do one-liners or less than a paragraph. Because I view RP as cooperative story-telling and there's no point in writing less than a paragraph since it neither advances the story nor gives the other person anything to work with.
  • Post at least once a day, often more depending on rl circumstances
  • Always plot-central, though I'm never opposed to a good steamy scene; usually 60/40 in favor of plot
  • Good spelling and grammar, but I'm not immune to slip-ups
  • Third person past-tense, usually but not always limited. I admit to a tendency toward head-hopping in a scene where I'm writing for multiple characters, but this can be necessary for the flow of the story
  • Domme, sub, or switch
  • Always female unless playing a homicidal psychopath, multiple characters, or reciprocal love interests (includes canon fan characters)
  • Real characters, not breathing sex toys
  • Threads or PMs only
  • Since people sometimes slip through the cracks and apparently only read parts of my rules and not, y'know, how I do things, go ahead and tell me your favorite color in your intro PM so I know you've read this part.
  • If things aren't working out and we haven't built up much of an ooc relationship, I reserve the right to ghost. If we have built a relationship, chances are I'll either talk to you about it or tell you why I'm dropping.
  • Literate
  • At least two paragraphs (I need something to work with and don't want to be the only one putting work into it)
  • If you do one-liners or I feel like I'm putting more work/thought into this for more than a post or two we're done
  • Post at least once every couple days, more preferable but I understand we all have real lives and that takes precedent
  • Decent spelling and grammar
  • Stay in third person past tense
  • Give me a real character to interact with, not a breathing sex toy
  • Threads or PMs only
  • Miscellaneous Housekeeping: Check my F list in my sig for anything else you might want or not want, and when in doubt ask. Also, do me a favor? Tell Me your favorite animal in your initial pm or post so I know you've read the rules ;)
  • You also reserve the right to ghost me if we haven't built much of an ooc relationship and you feel like the RP isn't worth your effort, or even if you're just losing interest. I'll likely PM you if you haven't posted for a week or two, just to see if you're alright or if you got busy or something, but if you're dropping me you don't owe me a PM back. If I haven't had a PM I usually give it a month before I remove a thread from my subscriptions; if life just got busy and you weren't able to message me back and it's been more than a month you'll have to message me to rekindle the RP, but otherwise you don't owe me anything.

F-LIST AND SETTINGS CLIFF NOTES

The link to my full F-list here, and is in my sig also. I encourage you to go read the whole thing! There may be something there that works that isn't listed here, this is just top of the pops. Things are listed in no particular order.

You Have My Attention
We'll Talk About It
Slow Your Roll
  • Light bondage
  • Risk of pregnancy/pregnancy
  • Forced marriage
  • Forbidden love
  • Manage a trois/throuple
  • Trauma bonding
  • Corruption
  • Lovable rogues
  • Dubcon, noncon
  • Choking
  • Face slapping
  • Double penetration
  • Sibling incest
  • Stomach/throat bulging
  • Androgyny
  • Humanoid monsters (demons, vampires, etc.)
  • Anal
  • All the standard hard stops (bathroom-related/gore/vomit/etc.)
  • Slice of life RPs
  • Smoking; alcohol and drugs are fine, but smoking is just a major turn-off for me
  • Anthros/Furries/beastiality/anything animal-shaped (werewolves fine but sexy times will be happening in human form only)
  • Futas
  • Extreme pain and humiliation
  • Parent/child incest, regardless of age
  • Unrealistic cum
  • Unrealistic body proportions
  • Messy (copious of cum/sweat/other bodily fluids, because if sex without bodily fluids were a thing I'd be all about that)
  • Gratuitous depiction of pubic hair

PLOTS

Plots that have come to me over the years, most of which have room for tweaking. Fandom and pairings are listed on the spoiler tag. Kinks are generally fluid. It's occurred to me that perhaps I don't get as many bites on my fandom thread because people think it's a one way street. So let me clarify: I am always willing to reciprocate an OCxCanon relationship so long as mine is met too. To do otherwise would just be unfair. Depending on the ship and plot we can either do two separate threads or one combined one, but either way I expect an equal amount of effort and screen time. There's a lot of OC pairing here—mostly OCxCanon—but some CanonxCanon. Is that playing to my personal fantasies? Yup. But isn't that what we're all here for? ;)

Plots are listed in alphabetical order by fandom, then by title.

OC Centric
Another fairly loose one. I don't have any specific ideas for this nor do I want to involve canons, except maybe some walk-ons from named Commanders/Wives/Handmaids and some possible meddling on Aunt Lydia's part. I'd just really like to do a story centered on a Handmaid/Commander relationship, maybe who were in a relationship before Gilead. Or not. Message me about this one and we can spitball.
It's been several years since Maeve's death, but Spencer still thinks about her. He blames himself, always has, though he knows she'd want him to move on. On the anniversary of her death Garcia and some of the others take him out to get his mind off of things. After all, to such a mind a bit of whimsy and fun can sometimes be refreshing. What he doesn't expect is to meet a woman his complete opposite in nearly every way, yet somehow alluring in her attitude toward life. Even more unexpected is when a new unsub with a connection to this woman starts prowling the streets of D.C. (Fleshing out and further explanations can be done in PMs, set in no specific season.)
Loose and in need of tightening, but I NEED more of John Childermass. He is absolutely fascinating to me. The very loose idea is this: Childermass applied to Mr. Norrell to be his servant so that he might learn some magic. He has a natural talent for it, and a keen interest long before he's even heard of the Magician of York. As it turns out, Gilbert Norrell resembles nothing so much as a dragon, hoarding magic and its knowledge and caring not one whit for England but only for his own vanity. When Vinculus tells him of the Raven King's book, written in the King's Letters, Norrell sends him out looking for it. In his travels, Childermass meets a woman in Cheapside who promises to show him how to learn real magic, rather than the handful of parlor tricks and card readings he's had to content himself with.
OMG you guys Corsair is so amazing and seriously all my dreams have come true with this RP, so I'm permanently removing it from my request thread but I still want you to see it because it's beautiful and I'd never redo it.

Jack's life before the setting of the movies is largely a mystery, as are his motives. Why is he so afraid of death?

The answer: a sick little girl. His sick little girl. Based on this fanfic, we'll follow the adventures of Captain Jack Sparrow as he meets his future wife, has children, leaves home to support his polio-ridden daughter, and out of desperation falls into piracy and all of the adventures which follow, including the Holy Grail, Tirnanog, the Fountain of Youth, Avalon, the Mantle of Immortality, and any other mythical places and objects we can think of.
Once upon a time there was a Roman centurion doomed to fall in love with the high priestess to the Pagan queen Boadicea. Even Heaven likes a good soap opera, after all. Unfortunately, when the Cupid struck the doomed soul mates that centurion was being occupied by the angel Castiel. The priestess was executed by the Romans and Castiel reassigned, leaving his vessel to live out his days. Nearly two thousand years later, Castiel's vessel has been reincarnated into Jimmy, with whom he's taken up residence once more. The priestess, on the other hand, doesn't remember who she was. Castiel accompanies Dean and Sam Winchester to Sioux Falls at the same time Nora Singer is visiting her Uncle Bobby. Castiel refuses to explain why he's rendered speechless as he comes face-to-face with the reincarnation of the woman he loved those centuries ago, only that she can't know that he's an angel or know his true name. The danger is in reminding her of her past life; if she remembers, she'll go mad. A certain crossroads demon proves an uneasy ally as he leverages this over the angel. Set in season 5, continuing on for canonical and non-canonical shenanigans. (Think of Crowley breaking the memory dam as a "season finale" of sorts. The story would continue after that.)
As kids, whenever they were permitted to leave the mansion for lunch on weekends they always went to the same deli. Diego always ordered the same thing. The girl behind the counter, about their age, who helped at the family business on the weekends always smiled at him. Sometimes they even had short conversations while he waited for his gyro. But kids grow up, people grow apart, and after he left the Academy and moved to a new part of town he didn't exactly have much of an excuse to go to the deli anymore. Especially not a deli within three blocks of that fucking house. 13 years later, combing the stacks with Luther looking for Five at the library, he hears a familiar voice. The girl from the deli still smiles at him. While Klaus teases him about having some sort of librarian kink, however, there's something about her that doesn't sit right with Five. She coincidentally turns up an awful lot whenever weird things start happening. When Five does some digging on her, Diego is distracted from his anger at that upon realizing that her birthday also happens to be October 1, 1989.

Canon Centric
The Raven King is dying. What, you thought he was immortal? Ha! No child, he will not live forever, only a very, very long time. But he is dying, he can feel it. Twas a pity that his most loyal subject didn't know him when he came to rewrite his book, but no matter: loyalty is loyalty, and John Childermass is the most loyal of them all. The King can see it written in his heart. Three years after magic has returned to England, Childermass goes for a walk across the moors of Starcross Hall and never returns. In Faerie, he finds himself both heir and consort as his King grooms him to take his place, teaching him magics Strange and Norrell could never have dreamed up in a million years. But...does he want it? (Noncon and dubcon)
Nothing specific, but I wanted to make sure and differentiate this from the pairings. C'mon, that ending was horrible. You know it needs to be fixed. Honestly, after the finale I had zero interest in playing SPN for quite a while because it was just that disappointing. Come rant with me, then we'll write something better than juggalo vampires, tetanus, and the horrendous Bury Your Gays speedrun. Ideally I'd like to rewind quite a bit and move the entire end of the show toward what we were given in S5E4, "The End." Something about fate and inevitability. Maybe the world ends in season 6, maybe it ends in season 10, but whatever the Winchesters do, no matter how hard they fight, no matter what details they change, they always end up right. Back. Here. (Would honestly love to dovetail this with Something Peculiar in the crossover section.)

Crossovers
It's several years after the Maev incident and Spencer has gradually--very gradually--healed from the trauma and grief. There's a killer loose in Seattle (something grisly...we can spitball the details of the case). Their first morning in Seattle the team is talking over the details of the case, their usual throwing around theories, trying to get in the unsub's head over a Banana Bonanza at a local restaurant. (Three guesses which)

Meanwhile, Rube has gotten an envelope from Upper Management. It's a name. His last name. The one that'll get him his lights and bring a new Reaper onto the team. The others haven't shown up yet; it's just Rube and George in their usual booth. He reminisces a bit about the decades he's spent as a Reaper, the few years he was assigned to the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit to pop the poor, tortured souls taken by twisted minds, or the twisted minds themselves. It was a special duty in the External Influence Division, and it was unpleasant, but he'd hated to leave behind the dear friends he'd made there when his tour was up. George gets impatient with the walk down memory lane and snatches up the envelope, pulling out a small, plain piece of paper.

"S. Reid. Pioneer Park, Mercer Island. E.T.D. August 23rd, 1:57 am. Well, that's a shitty time but I guess you get a few days heads-up for your last one. That's nice."

George looks up just as the paper is snatched from her hand and is just able to catch Rube's back as the door to Der Waffle Haus tinkles and he stalks away into the early dawn.

One of the team (we'll decide who) suddenly darts up from the table and dashes out the door, but the person they were following is gone. No trace left. Returning, looking confused and a bit crest-fallen, they slump back into the booth.

"Guys...I think I just saw Gideon."

Rube pays a visit to a friend of his; a medium to whom he goes to talk because she's the only living person he can actually speak candidly with. Listing "medium" on her tax forms gets her funny looks anyway, so she knows she would get locked up if she went around proclaiming that grim reapers walk among us. Besides, it's not her business to spread other peoples' secrets anyway. Bad for business and just plain rude besides.

To better understand Rube's situation, she starts trying to watch the team, particularly Spencer Reid. The repeated appearances don't go unnoticed, and so to avoid suspicion of murder (because that would just be very inconvenient to helping Rube) she offers her services to the police. Having no leads they begrudgingly accept after a thorough background check, much to Rossi's frustration. As she helps as best she can with the investigation, Reid can't help but become curious about her. After all, a bit of whimsy to a logical mind can sometimes be a pleasant change of pace. She too finds herself becoming distracted around Dr. Reid as they get closer to the killer...and his death.
In 1924 a new scullery maid is hired on at Downton as a favor to a friend of Rose's, some up-and-coming Birmingham nouveau riche MP, Mr. Shelby. The girl is dismissed as a trifle simple--she doesn't talk, and has trouble looking anyone in the eye--but seems to understand more than the servants give her credit for as she takes an interest in Mr. Barrow's personal struggles. Finally feeling as though he's got someone he can confide in who won't blab to the others, Barrow accepts the quiet extension of friendship. It isn't until Mr. Shelby and his brothers come to dine at Downton that it's revealed that the maid is his cousin. His visits to sit with her in the kitchen, making sure she's treated well and is happy, pull Daisy's attention to the sharp-faced stranger, while upstairs Edith finds herself compelled to help the elder Mr. Shelby after learning he's been widowed. Meanwhile, Tom notices that the more time he spends with Mary in the running of Downton, the more drawn he is to his wife's sister in ways that are inappropriate even for the likes of him.
Hunting things, saving people, the family business. It's the family business that takes the brothers Winchester and their angel to Haven, Maine where they've heard of a number of troubling things. Weather going haywire, disappearing people, civilians with their mouths and eyes sewn shut, enormous creepy teddy bears: it's all the sort of thing that points to something demonic. Their first guess would have been the Trickster, were he not, y'know, super dead. So when Federal Agents Bickler and Young show up in the unassuming little town, Officer Wuornos and Chief Hendrickson have their hands full trying to keep them out of it in addition to keeping tabs on Mara/Audrey. Duke, of course, is never any help either.
Rather than spending time at the boys home, in 1995 Dean Winchester gets into it with his old man. John pulled over and told him to get out and make his own way if he was so self-reliant. Found by the sheriff on the side of the road, he was taken in to a small town where a local pastor agreed to take in the boy with "no one looking for him." In the following ten months he fell in love with and lost his virginity to the preacher's daughter, and this was the first time he started entertaining ideas about the Apple Pie Life...until John showed back up. He was needed on a hunt. Dean disappeared from the pastor's home and his daughter's life, and Sam never could pull from him what had happened in those ten months.

Fast forward to where our story starts: in the Fall of 2009, the boys catch a case that the locals are reporting as a spate of bear maulings, although they've been done by something much more vicious and thorough than a bear. Dean seems hesitant, then nervous once finally convinced to take the case and Sam can't suss out why. Once they arrive in the tiny little town he hasn't seen in nearly twenty years he promises himself that he's going to avoid the preacher's daughter at all costs. No use in picking at old scabs, after all. This promise lasts all of ten seconds when the receptionist at the sheriff's office proves to be an all-too-familiar face indeed.

Meanwhile, the preacher's daughter is all at once excited, relieved, upset, and nervous to see Dean again. She's exceedingly proud to see that he's become a federal agent...but it only makes it all that harder for her. It's bad enough having the sheriff snooping around as she tries to find the Hollow that's been methodically hunting down Peculiars of the tri-county area, especially when she herself can't see it. Now it's not only the feds but Dean Winchester, and all the complicated emotions and memories that brings flooding back.

Set in season 4/5. Events of 'Swan Song' remain canonical, but we're eventually driving toward The End no matter how many seasons it takes us to get there. Only reason this is under "crossovers" is because I'm borrowing Peculiardom and Hollows from Miss Peregrine's, everything else is SPN.

FANDOMS

List of fandoms I'd like to play, complete with pairings. Once again if you don't see the pairing you want to play here, pitch it and we can either double or work something up. Fandoms are listed in alphabetical order, pairings are listed in order of preference.

Property
Pairings
Harry Potter (Books only)Marauders Era RemusxOC, DracoxOC (open to Malfoycest), ME Wolfstar, Fred/GeorgexOC, Dramione, ME RemusxLily, ME SiriusxLily
Jonathan Strange&Mr. Norrell (Series or Book)ChildermassxOC, John UskglassxChildermass (noncon/dubcon)

Property
Pairings
Black SailsBillyxOC, Charles VanexOC, JackxAnne (pre-season 1), Charles VanexEleanor, FlintxSilver, BillyxSilver
Buffy the Vampire SlayerGilesxOC, SpikexOC, SpikexWillow, GilesxWillow, SpikexBuffy
Criminal MindsReidxOC
HavenDukexAudrey, DukexMara, DukexOC, DukexJenny
Once Upon A Time (seasons 1-3 only)HookxEmma, Dark!RumplexOC, Dark!RumplexBelle, Dark!RumplexYoung!Cora, HookxOC, GrumpyxNova (strictly non-sexual fluff because they're adorable), Dark!HookxDark!Swan
Sherlock (BBC)SherlockxOC, Johnlock, SherlockxMolly Hooper (possibly post-Reichenbach? Maybe some Christmastime fluffiness?), SherlockxIrene Addler
SupernaturalCastielxOC, Destiel, DeanxOC, Megstiel, DeanxJo, CastielxRowena (fluff only)
Umbrella Academy (TV series only)KlausxOC, DiegoxOC, KlausxOCxDiego, FivexLila, KlausxDave, KlausxDestiny's Children (any/all)
VikingsRolloxLagertha, RolloxOC, LagerthaxBishop Heahmund

Property
Pairings
Avatar: The Last Airbender (no Korra, but interested in the intervening years)OzaixOC, HakodaxOC, SokkaxOC, ZukoxSokka
Hunchback of Notre DameClopinxEsmeralda
Road to El DoradoMiguelxOC, MiguelxTulio

*I've been on a Disney kick lately, which explains the cartoons. If pics are used I'd prefer rl pics, like of cosplayers or something.

Property
Pairings
The Magnus ArchivesThe ArchivistxOC, Jon SimmsxOC, TimxSasha, Spiral!Michaelx...Someone? Not sure what I want here but I know that Michael is my favorite monster and I want to explore him more. (Note that I differentiate between The Archivist and Jon. Also let's talk finale theories!)
Old Gods of AppalachiaRailroad ManxPolly Barrow

CROSSOVERS

Just a list of crossovers I'd like to see happen, ideally using the above listed pairings.
No specific plots or pairings here. Just crossovers I would like to see because I see relations, however tangential. PM if you want me to spew obscure pop-culture conspiracy theories all over you:

Downton Abbey x Peaky Blinders

Supernatural x Buffy

Supernatural x Criminal Minds

The Black Tapes x Criminal Minds

The Magnus Archives x Criminal Minds

The Magnus Archives x The Black Tapes

The Magnus Archives x Old Gods of Appalachia

The Magnus Archives x Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell

The Magnus Archives x Supernatural x The Black Tapes

The Magnus Archives x Old Gods of Appalachia x The Black Tapes

Back
Top Bottom