Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Yes, no, maybe so

KarmicBacklash

Shipping Trash
If you're reading this, you probably came from one of my request threads. I didn't think I had much use for a journal since I'd probably never do anything with it, but then I realized...I'm sick of having to type out a bunch of the same shit every time I want to post a request thread. Better to put it down once in an easily accessible place and then just link to it. So, that's what this is for. Preferences, partner expectations, what I'll write and what I won't, yada yada. That's probably why you're here, so here you go.

About

Hello, welcome, nice to see you, and all that jazz. I'm [NAME REDACTED], 32, queer cis woman with a love for writing and creating stories. I like lightheartedness and angst in equal measure (where appropriate; drama needs to have a reason behind it), characters with depth, and relationships with a passionate spark. I'm a romance junkie, it's my drug and I need it to live. If you're also someone who's in love with love, you understand what I mean.

I roleplay almost exclusively in fandom; no real reason for it, that's just my preference. That's not to say I only play using canon characters, I enjoy making OCs within those fandoms as well. And yes, I do enjoy Canon x OC as long as it's done well. If a character only exists to get into the pants of whatever canon character you want them paired with, then they're not a good character and I have no interest. They need a personality, motivation, a story beyond whatever person they're trying to get with.

I don't like "cold call" DMs, where someone messages a random person about a roleplay they haven't previously shown any interest in. When I'm looking for a roleplay, I'm always looking for something specific, and don't want things I haven't made a thread for. So please don't DM me about roleplaying something I haven't put up a thread for, unless I contact you first.

I'm a bit self-conscious about having my writing out on display for anyone to read, so I roleplay exclusively in DMs. Please don't try to convince me to use a thread. I won't.

I'll use Discord for OOC talk once I'm comfortable enough with a partner to share my tag. It's easier for plotting purposes, and non-roleplay talk in general. I do like to get to know my writing partners, I've made some good friends that way (my current partner of eight years is one of my best friends now) and talking outside of posts makes it easier for me, at least, to raise my comfort levels with a person. I still expect you to be respectful, though. The BMR mods may not be able to enforce rules or boundaries offsite, but I can. It's called the block button, and I'm not afraid to use it.

I only write with partners with a high literacy level. A good grip on the English language is a must; I had it drilled into me from the moment I could talk, so I consider myself very proficient. I'm not asking for perfection, typos happen and everyone makes mistakes. I'm not fussed about that when it happens. But if a person consistently has poor spelling and grammar, or can't form a coherent sentence, we're not going to work out. (Note: I'm Canadian, and therefore use Canadian/British English spellings for a lot of words. I.e. colour vs color, favour vs favor, etc. They're not misspelled. I don't care if my partner uses American spellings or Canadian/British English; my RP partner of eight years uses American English, so it's kind of an interesting little mishmash of u's and no u's and such. Adds character.)

I will not work with one-liners or single paragraphs. I do multi-para to novella, and I'm a frequent poster; most of the time, I can post daily, or even multiple times a day, given the opportunity (unless we're talking posts of several thousand words, then it's going to take me longer). I know that most people have other things to do, lives and responsibilities and what not though and that it might not be possible for a potential partner, which is fine. I prefer partners who can post at least once a week, but someone who posts more frequently than that will make me a very happy [NAME REDACTED] indeed!

The real life gender of my partner doesn't matter to me; male, female, NB, I'm fine with anyone. I would, however, prefer my partner to be no younger than 24. That's the age of my youngest friend, and I'd just feel uncomfortable with anyone younger than that; as I said at the beginning, I'm 32, and writing NSFW with anyone younger than that just makes me feel skeevy.

I only engage in long-term roleplays. I just don't see the appeal of short-term or oneshots, never have. If I'm going to go to the trouble of making a character, or getting into the head of a canon character, I want to use them for a considerable length of time.

No short. Only long.

Some people are ghost-friendly; I am not. I've had people up and disappear on me before the first post was even written, or right after, and it's been disappointing, to say the least. I understand nervousness about telling someone you want to quit, really I do, but ghosting is really inconsiderate and rude. If you're not into what we're writing, or you simply feel like we're not meshing well, that's okay. Sometimes that's just how it is, I understand that too, so please tell me if that ends up being the case, instead of just falling off the face of the planet. If you don't provide a reason, I might ask about it and want to see if it's something we can fix by talking it out, but I won't get angry about it either way. No hard feelings on my end if you want/need to bow out. Just tell me.

Yes/No:

I do have a few hard limits. The items on the no list are things I will absolutely not agree to, they are always, always going to be a 100% NO, no matter who's asking or why. Don't care how long I've known you, how long we've been writing together, or how close we've gotten as friends. Not negotiable. However, if it's not on the no list, (or the yes list, which comes after, and is not a complete list of everything I like, it's just a few of the things I enjoy more) feel free to ask me.

NO

Rape/Noncon (Semi-exception: Dubcon is okay, I actually like it under certain circumstances and if it's done well, but that's as far as I'm willing to go.)
Anything related to bodily fluids/excretions (Basically, if it's a bathroom thing that isn't an actual bath or shower, that's where it stays.)
Gore (In sexual situations only; anywhere else, it's fine.)
Pregnancy/lactation (I am severely tokophobic, to the point where even typing those words makes me shudder. No. No, no, no, no, a thousand times no.)
Anal (I know, so many people are into this that it seems to be considered vanilla nowadays, but I'm not one of them. Instant turnoff. Not doin' it.)
Anything foot-fetish related
Incest
"Daddy"/"Mommy" kink (Squicks me out. Feels too close to incest.)
Choking

YES

Creampies
Wall sex
Semi-public places/risk of being caught
Deepthroating
Teasing
Semi-clothed
Light bondage
Rough sex (Scratching, biting, pinning down, etc)
Slow, passionate sex
Fluff (A little tooth-rotting sweetness never hurt anybody!)

Probably a lot more on the latter list that I've forgotten. Again, if you're unsure, just ask. Worst I can do is add it to the no list.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom