Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Links to images give error message after posting

DonnaSalmer

Super-Earth
Does anyone know why the links don't work sometimes after you post the message? I use the link button sometimes to post pictures from websites and the other person gets a 401 error message when they click it.

Hotlinking is generally a bad practice.

Use an image hosting service like imgur, or even discord, to post images.

Lacks valid authentication, so likely the person viewing has aggressive safety measures in place with their browser.
Could be, but it happens to me too sometimes when I go back and click them. I can cut and past the link in a new tab and it works fine. I usually click the image I want to use and open it in a separate tab, then cut and paste that link so it doesn't take you to the host site.

You will often see the still-cached image in your browser. Just because it seems to work for you does not mean it is actually working.

As others have said, use an image hosting service or Discord.

I suggest snipboard.io

It's really good. If you find an image you wanna share, just right click it, copy image, then control V on the snipboard webpage to paste it, and you can then copy the link it generates.

Like this NSFW

It also works with images you've saved to your computer, and you can insert the image as well. 10/10

Back
Top Bottom