Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Finding something new.(Me and Sinfulroses)

Dwarf_vader

Super-Earth
2j16dt2.jpg

The short stuff pirates docked had just finished the darning capture of another pirates treasure. The whole crew was quite pleased with there find. The town they landed on was called Hcir City. It was quite the expensive place, so it was perfect for a captain who was loaded. The dwarf pirate Colkura walked up and down the streets of Hcir city, hoping something interesting would happen to him. The city was quite pretty, the sidewalks seemed to be incrusted with jewels even. It was easily the richest place he had ever been to. Colkura smiled and looked around, for something that would catch his eye.

Nami was walking around the streets of Hcir city with a not to thrilled look. ''How did I end up here?'' She asked herself as she was just passing by, noticing how this city was for the rich. Nami found a good bit of things that caught her eye but she really didn't act upon it, knowing she had to use the last bit of money she had left. Nami figured the sooner she could slip upon another ship of a weaker crew and make off with the ship the better. '' I need a ship and a crew but where shall I go to find that?'' Nami asked herself while studying the people around her, knowing this was going to be a lot tougher then she originally thought.

The short pirate looked around to see if anything caught his eye still. And eventually something did catch his eye, but it was nothing of any material value. It was a women....and what a women. Colkura ran as fast as he could and started to walk beside her. Trying to look casual while trying to think of something to say. Unfortunately his brain wasn't working for a bit so it took a while. He looked at her again admiring her form and then it finally came to him. “Hey there, you look lost. Need some help.” So it wasn't perfect but it would have to do.

Nami froze at the sound of another's voice and turned around to see who it was, noticing the pirate was shorter then her. ''Ummm.......yeah......... I kind of lost my ship and I'm trying to find a suitable crew to join.'' This caught Nami off guard as she was use to see those around her height. '' SO if you have a good enough crew and ship, I would be helped. If not, then its okay and I can figure out another solution to my crew-less problems.''

The gods themselves must be rewarding him for...what ever he had done good in his life. A girl like that....looking for a crew to join. And a guy like him just so happening to own a crew. How wonderful fate was to him. “Well what do you know. It just so happens that I own a crew. Captain Colkura at your service. Captain of the Short Stuff pirates.” He smiled warmly at her, a little giddy with excitement. “If you want to join my crew we'll have to have some kinda interview.” He stroked his chin as he thought of a good place to hold it, and then spotted a restaurant. “How about there?” He pointed then started to walk into the restaurant and deciding not to wait for a waiter and sit down. He was a pirate manners were the last thing on his mind.

(I just realized that picture is huge. Sorry about that.)

(Its alright, it didn't bug me)

'' I need a what?'' Nami looked at him like he was growing another head for a few seconds. Nami figured this guy could be very easy to steal his ship from and his crew might not be as sharp as their captain. So she thought about it while looking at the restaurant figuring it wouldn't hurt to humor the short captain a bit. Besides she gets a ship and maybe get a free meal out of it, Nami couldn't really pass up this golden opportunity for herself. ''Alright, I guess I can have that interview over there but I don't think I can afford such a place to eat. So I don't mind just having the interview there and then we can get out of there, sounds good?''

He smiled and pulled out a chair for Nami. “O don't worry about a petty little thing like money. I'll pay for what ever you order.” He said as he went back to sit on his own seat. “Well first of all tell me your name?” It was a question he probably shoulda asked way earlier, but better late then never. “What are your skills, why should I have you join my crew?” He asked trying to be as professional as possible, but it was hard to keep a straight face in front of a girl so beautiful.

''Nami.....Are you sure about wanting to pay for me.'' Nami said as she kept repeating what he said through his mind as she took a seat. She was going to take advantage to this but had to do it without making it seemed so obvious what she was doing. '' I need a new crew since mine split up and the ocean is my home along with those who belong to that crew. I am a really skilled navigator and a talented cartographer at the same time, I guess I should add in the fact I can predict the weather pretty good as well.'' Nami said politely while leaving out the fact she was skilled at pickpocketing skills out of it.

“O you can pay me back some how later.” He smiled and listen to what she said. He already had a navigator...but another one wouldn't hurt. “Well Nami, we already have a navigator. But your weather predicting skills would definlty come in handy. Our crew is only nine people and that's including myself. So the more the merrier. It will also be a nice change of pace to have a women on board.” He said as his eyes trailed downwards but quickly went back to look at her face. “Sorry to hear about your crew though. Another question, how good are you at fighting... not that I would like to put you in fights. But lets face it, in this era fighting kinda happens.”

'' I can handle myself in a fight if I had to but what do you mean by paying you back? I'm not sure what you have in mind for that.'' Nami replied with an unsure look as she was really enjoying herself at the same time. Besides 9 other men could provide her with some entertainment while she enjoyed herself on his ship. '' So other then that, I am in?''

“O I'll sure I'll think of someway for you to pay me back.” The dwarf chuckled a bit to himself and pretend to think. Even though he already decided to let Nami join his crew the first time her saw her. But he wanted to make himself seem somewhat professional. “Yep, I think you'll be a lovely addition to the short stuff pirates.” Then something occurred to him. “One tiny little problem. My ship is kinda full right now. So we'll have to share a room..is that alright.” He hadn't thought about the additional space Nami would actually need. But since his crew was all guys he didn't have any female rooms yet. Although his two shipmates could build her one soon enough. “But ya do you have any questions for me?” He asked as a waiter came up and asked for there order. Colkura ordered the shrimp not relizeing the irony in it.

'' Talk about pure irony in its finest.'' Nami said under her breath while ordering the same thing without thinking, it didn't matter because she liked anything. Although it would have to take some adjusting to sharing a room but not like she had a problem with it. ''Its fine and there is no hurry on rushing them to build the room. After all they must have a lot of work to do on top of it all. Although I do have a question, where did the name come from?'' Nami was picturing the whole entire crew being short and that made her unsure about how big this ship was.

“I'm terrible with names. So when the marines gave me the nick name Short Stuff Colkura when they gave me my bounty. I just decided to give it to my crew. They didn't seem to mind even though they are short.” He smiled when Nami agreed to be his roommate. Wondering how that would turn out for him, shrugging it off because his food arrived. “Well, great minds eat a like I suppose. Once we're done I'll show you my ship. It's really nice very roomy and everything. And the weapons are amazing.” He always liked talking about his ship. Proud of the work he shipwrights that built it.

'' I suppose you are correct with the eating alike thing.'' Nami replied with a slight smile as she was going over her plans in her mind. ''I can't wait to see your ship. I bet it is really breath taking from how you go on and on about it. So where did it come from or did you make it yourself?'' Nami asked as she tried to get him to open up to her even more. ''I'm just curious because most steal their ships from the rich and its very rare that a few actually made them from scratch.''

“My ship was made by the greatest shipwrights that I could find. My shipwrights made it truly wonderful, you'll have to see it for yourself to truly understand it's epicness. It has a bad ass snake head for the front of the ship. Really to me it represents my crew's bonds. It's also really, really fast. My shipwrights...are a little weird though. But most of my crew is.” He said laughing. “You'll fit right in.” He said finishing his plate wiping his face off with a napkin. “Do you want desert?” He wasn't a desert kinda guy, but he wanted to make Nami feel welcome.

'' Sure, whatever they have good.'' Nami answered with a smile as she wondered how strange he was labeling herself as. '' I hope I can fit right in because I don't want the others to feel any kind of discomfort or anything. After all they came way before me and they have first say.'' Nami was playing it cool and she was liking the idea there was money and a good ship that would be hers for the taking if she plans this out right. Although she would have to play this out on a day to day bases with gaining their trust first before acting upon her plans.

“Pfft, if those guys don't accept ya. I'll make them accept ya.” He said as he laughed. Then he motioned the waiter to come over and in his proudest voice. “Give the lady here the most expensive ice cream you have.” The waiter bowed and returned minutes later with ice cream topped off with Carmel. “Here you are, the best of the best Nami.” He smiled at her, hopefully she was warming up to him. Maybe they could be more then shipmates. He quickly erased that idea from his mind. A pretty girl like her wouldn't want to date a guy like him. “Well, when you are finished. I will show you to your new ship and crew.”

Back
Top Bottom