Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Southern Love [Closed to me/midnightghost12]

HollowHearted

Supernova
She wasn't at the mansion she prefer to live on her own to come and go as she pleased coming for meetings and training sessions. She lived at her parents hotel in a large suite big enough to be an apartment. She wasn't spoiled just not very street smart but book smart and she needed to learn more about the world outside and how to have fun it.

The girls of the mansion set her up with someone to hang out with. She was waiting right now at the hotel bar for him she was just in some blue jeans and a long sleeved shirt her purse in her lap. She had brown shoulder length hair and bright green eyes her figure wasn't boney but athletic and she had a small C sized chest. She was very modest and dressed the same way hiding herself under her clothes afraid to attract guy's attention really.

"Where is he? It's three allready he's ten minutes late." She said with a soft Cajun accent this might be a match made in heaven.

In he sauntered. Slow and steady with that half hearted smile on his face. He looked around until his spotted the girl sitting at the bar. Walking slowly up to the stool on her left he took a seat. Basalt gray eyes turned to her and he winked. "Hello, miss. You waiting for someone?"

He was still wearing his typical outfit. That brown leather trench coat, this time a blue t-shirt was under it, and a pair of blue jeans with is boots. He smiled softly at her and sat a small playing card on the table. The Queen of Spades. "Lucky lady says you waiting fo' me."

He smiled and extended his hand to her. "Gambit, and you are?"

She looked to him and smiled "Yes I was told a handsome man would be here a Cajun. I haven't found one yet though bunch of yankee boys around." She said looked at him and playing with the napkin her soda was sitting on.

"Why you wouldn't happen to be the guy? I'm Jennifer Avery. It was Jubilee's idea for this date anyhow." She pouted hardly able to believe she was set up on a blind date by a teenager.

He smiled and laughed. "Yes yanks like this place for some reason, seems they find it...quaint, is what I think they use." He gave a soft smile and then looked at her from head to toe. "A handsome Cajun, haven't seen one, guess i'll do though. Better then these yanks." He gave a chuckle and stood up. "What do you say we get on out of here?" He held out his hand, his southern charm and manner coming out as he talked to her. "So Jennifer Avery, how is Jubilee doing?" He asked out of interest since the last time the two fiery souls had met.

"Yeah I guess this place is my mom would think so she decorated." She chuckled and smiled lightly "Yeah I think you'll do just fine." She put her purse on her shoulder and watched his eyes her cheeks went light pink."Sure we can where did you have in mind exactly?" She listened to him swinging her feet being a short four foot nine maybe or eight she didn't remember her feet barely touched the floor. "She's fine we go shopping alot I'm surprised that Rogue even still talks to me I heard she likes you an awful lot."

He smiled and then laughed. "How about a bar that's more our style?" He said with a smile, Remy LeBeau or Gambit had two weaknesses, alcohol and women. In no short order they over took him occasionally. He smirked and laughed. "You're going to get it if you go telling stories to Rogue about this." He said with a wink and then started walking to the door knowing that she would follow. He held the door open for her and waited.

"Well I've never been to a bar before." She said with a blush and smiled weakly as she slipped off the bar stool. "maybe you should just let her have you..my parents kept me sheltered as a kid because well I'm sure you can guess." She was a mutant as well and the thought they were protecting her and only let her here since the XMen where present.

"I've only started getting out in college and bars wasn't one of them. I usually went to the gallery or this cafe with great music and killer doughnuts the guy has a little jazz band." She smiled hoping that might work that they could compromise since she didn't want the news to get on the air that she was in a bar her parents would croak.

He smiled and laughed at her. "Whatever you want, I like a little Jazz." He said with a smile. As they both walked out he smiled at the cool breeze coming from the bay to their east. He smiled and looked at her. "So sugar, where's this Jazz place?" He said and laughed as he walked towards the parking lot with his blind date in tow. "Don't you love that salt water air?"

[I thought they were in New York LoL ? Or maybe they meet in the south first?]

She smiled and looked to him "Great I'll drive us." She walked outside with him and looked for her car hoping there wasn't a ticket she hated that. She moved beside him turned to him hearing him talk "Not to far we can walk to I'm jsut used to driving being by myself I guess." She said with a little giggle she was a southern girl just not steriotypical she had to loosen up a little.

[My bad editted]
He sighed and looked at her going towards her car. "I got a better idea." He said and smirked. "I drive." He laughed and pulled a set of rather small keys from his jacket pocket. "Hope you don't mind it being a tight ride." He smiled and jingled the keys to his motorcycle. "Come on suga." He said walking to the bike and getting on the small black crotch rocket.

"Ok what do you drive with keys like that?" She saw the bike and went wide eyed "Oh ok hopefully I wont faint." She said terrified of falling off but she'd try anything once. She looked at him and walked over to the bike and then looked to him "Is it safe?"

[aww that's ok -kiss cheek-]

He smiled and handed her the one helmet. "A little safer for you then me today." His thick accent cutting through his joke. He smiled and patted the small area left behind him. "Just yell at me where to go and hold on tightly my waist not the bike." He said with a smirk as he kicked the cycle to life, and boy did it come alive. An almost body shaking roar filled the air and his eyes closed taking in the sound. "Mmmm, that's m'darling."

She took the helmet and shook her head then put it on climbing on behind him. "Right." She held onto him luckily her purse was between them to be safe and not fly away. She squeaked hearing it roar and hide her head in his back it was a scary roar she knew that much.

He grinned and let in the clutch and throttle and pulled slowly out of the small parking lot they were in. "Which way?" He said coming to the cross street, watching the traffic. He waited patiently for the sweet girl riding with him to tell him which way.

"To the left." She said with a shakey voice and shivered not used to this and not wanting to look around if she didn't have to. She hid her eyes again and whined softly as they went on.

He smiled and she would have been glad she hid her eyes, cutting off two larger vehicles he took off. Heading in the direction he told her he pulled his left hand back and placed it on her leg. "You're fine." He said and smiled. "Which way from here?"

She blushed feeling the hand on her leg "Yeah for now." She told him the next way the sign allready visable from here so they were close. "We aren't far." She sneezed and hid her eyes again and squeaked.

He smiled and laughed at her sneeze. "Bless." He said as he saw the sign she pointed out to him. He smiled and cut through traffic going above the limit. Stopping at the light he hopped the curb to get into the small parking lot. Kicking the stand under the bike he smiled. "Here we go."

"Thanks." SHe said and kept hidden to she felt the bike stopped and hopped off. "I only wanna do that one more time." She hugged him shivering and looking terrified "Sorry I'm not a bike chick." She said as she slowly moved the helmet off and gulped.

He smiled and laughed. "It takes some getting used to." He said with a smile and took the helmet hanging it on the cycles handlebars. Hugging her back he laughed. "At least a little fun?"

"So I noticed." She looked up at him and smiled feeling him hug back "A little if it was going slow." She hugged him kind of liking it "I could get used to hugging you." She giggled and looked up at him pink on her cheeks. She wasn't sure why but she really liked him and she was a little scared not sure if she should rush so fast but what could it hurt.

He smiled and placed a hand on her head and ruffled her hair a little. "Come on cutie, let's go." He smirked and winked at her. He was a little playful always and more then willing to be a little mean to get her riled up, but he was being nice so far. Something new for him but it was ok for now.

She blushed feeling the hand on her head"Ok lets go." She giggled and took his arm smiling and nuzzled him lightly and was glad he was being nice."They have good muffins and doughnuts here also an awesome chicken soup." She hoped he didn't mind her talking so much she just didn't have many friends.

He smiled and laughed a little. "Any thing stronger than coffee?" He asked. He was always one of the quiet ones, he liked to listen and she certainly was entertaining to say the least. He smiled walking with her towards the small jazz club.

"The boss calls it hangover tonic but I wouldn't trust it." She shook her head and giggled "Sorry I'm not much of a drinker or party girl." She looked up at him afraid she'd bore him to death "I'm a bit boring." She frowned and didn't wanna loose him she was in puppy love.

Back
Top Bottom