Closed Fantasy GM, searching for adventurers

Closed - no longer seeking

Blue Faust

Silver Tongued
Greetings far traveler from! đź‘‹
I have been a GM and Player in the Tabletop RPG called DnD for about 6 or so years and a general fantasy enthusiast for most of my life.
I am looking for a partner who is interested in immersing themselves in the genre of fantasy, going on daring adventures with some lewdness on the side.
There is no exact ratio between the plot and the lewd I am looking for, it depends on the requests I am presented with and what my partner is looking for.
Nor is there an exact word count of post length, the important thing to me here is that we communicate and agree on one.
I have no preference for whether we RP in DMs or on the site itself.

In time I will create a list of adventure hooks, that potential partners can request to play or draw inspiration on to create their own hooks to present me with.

General Kink List

Due to my experiences here on Blue Moon I have some requirements for my partner if they wish for me to be GM for them.

1) I don't GM "generic fantasy settings"
- It's boring.
- It's repetitive.
- And worst of all it's unimaginative.

2) As a policy, I primarily GM within established settings.
I rarely GM homebrewed settings because they are either poorly fleshed out or the creator of the setting is too attached to their world-building.
That might sound harsh but fact of the matter is that it takes a long time and effort to make a truly intriguing setting with enough room for GMs to flex their own creative muscles.
I am not making an entire setting up for a single RP exchange, nor do I want to be nannied about and told constantly that I am "breaking the rules" of your precious OC world, it's just not worth the headache.

Having clear worldbuilding rules is important for a setting yes.
It helps define its unique characteristics, yes.
A setting with a rock-solid identity is elevated because of its restrictions, yes.

BUT if the rules of the world are too tight and constraining, you kill the joy of GMing.

You are welcome to pick a setting from the setting list down below, or you can present me with an established fantasy setting that I don't know about.
I love learning about new fantasy settings! But it takes time to learn the ropes, so expect to be patient.

3) If you DO show up with your OC world heed this:
- There needs to be enough meat on your world that I can't read it all in a single day, and I will let you know that I LIKE reading.
- I will say it again, there has to be enough room for creative freedom for the GM to the point I can create new concepts and ideas within your world. I will of course make an effort for those elements to fit into your established lore, like a glove.

4) You don't need to know any of the settings on my settings list to request an RP, but I need you to tell me what specific genre of fantasy that you are looking to RP in.
I will guide you through character creation and the basics of the setting if we play in one you don't know, that's what a good GM does, they guide the player.

5) I only GM for OC characters. Your character can be related to or know important people from cannon lore but you can't play as those people, full stop.

6) When you approach me I need you to present a list of things.
- If you are looking for a short journey or a long journey.
- Your general word count per post.
- The plot to lewd ratio you are looking for as well as specific kinks.
- The general themes and elements you are looking for in the story.
- You don't have to have figured out your character completely, but it's a must that you know their primary motivation for adventuring. It doesn't have to be a complex one, but it has to speak to the core identity of the character, as that will be the driving force behind the entire adventure.
- Does your character travel alone or in a party? If they are in a party do you control them or do I?
- Which setting you would like to play in or at least which type of fantasy genre do you want to play in, consult the fantasy genre list below.

1. Dystopian fantasy: Sometimes grouped in with science fiction, speculative fiction, and literary fiction, dystopian fantasies imagine worlds gone wrong. The settings are at once familiar to contemporary audiences and also alarmingly worse than the present world. Jack Vance's Dying Earth series is a pulpy example of this subgenre of fantasy fiction.

2. High fantasy: Sometimes called "epic fantasy," high fantasy is set in a magical environment that has its own rules and physical laws. This subgenre's plots and themes have a grand scale and typically center on a single, well-developed hero or a band of heroes, such as Frodo Baggins and his cohorts in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings or Bilbo Baggins and the dwarves in The Hobbit. George R.R. Martin combines high fantasy with elements of medieval fantasy and romance in his Song of Ice and Fire series (and the Game of Thrones television series based upon those books).

3. Low fantasy: Set in the real world, low fantasy includes unexpected magical elements that surprise ordinary characters, like the plastic figurines come to life in Lynne Reid Banks's The Indian in the Cupboard.

4. Magical realism: While similar to low fantasy, magical realism characters accept fantastical elements like levitation and telekinesis as a normal part of their otherwise realistic world, as in Gabriel García Márquez's magical realism classic One Hundred Years of Solitude.

5. Sword and sorcery: A subset of high fantasy, this subgenre focuses on sword-wielding heroes—such as the titular barbarian in Robert E. Howard's Conan pulp fiction stories—as well as magic or witchcraft. J.K. Rowling popularized the sword and sorcery subgenre for young adults with her Harry Potter series.

6. Urban fantasy: Urban fantasy is a genre of literature encompassing novels, novellas, and short stories in which fantastical characters and concepts are placed in a real world urban setting, often in the present day. Urban fantasy novels have devoted followings and they have spawned film and TV adaptations. Urban fantasy stories often draw from noir and gritty police procedurals. They also may incorporate fantastical elements and supernatural creatures. These could involve undead zombies, vampires, druids, demons, wizardry, witchcraft, and other such fantasy tropes. The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher and American Gods by Neil Gaiman are examples of urban fantasy.

7. Paranormal romance: This fantasy subgenre combines romantic themes with fantasy elements like vampires, werewolves, shifters, faeries, and zombie armies. Many contemporary fantasy series blur the line between urban fantasy stories, coming-of-age tales, and paranormal romances. Patricia Briggs and Jeaniene Frost are popular authors in this subgenre.

8. Dark fantasy: Combining elements of fantasy with the horror genre, dark fantasy's aim is to unnerve and frighten readers. For example, consider the gargantuan, otherworldly monsters in H. P. Lovecraft's universe. Gothic and Victorian dark fantasy tends to embrace a paranormal setting and supernatural elements, which can range from vampires to werewolves and beyond. Note that by no means is every paranormal fantasy a dark fantasy.

9. Grimdark fantasy: One step beyond dark fantasy, grimdark novels pry into the blackest depths of the human condition, often in the proverbial underbelly of an alternate world. The Court of Broken Knives by Anna Smith Spark is a popular book within this subgenre.

10. Fables: Using personified animals and the supernatural, fables impart moral lessons, like the stories in Aesop's Fables and Arabian Nights.

11. Fairy Tales: Intended for children, fairy tales and folk tales are typically set in distant magical worlds (with beginnings like "Once upon a time, in a land far, far away…") where trolls, dragons, witches, and other supernatural characters are an accepted truth, as in the Brothers Grimm's Grimms' Fairy Tales.

12. Superhero fantasy: Unlike stories in which a hero acquires special abilities through scientific means, such as exposure to radiation, the protagonists' powers in more fantastical superhero stories are supernatural. Many superhero stories are set in a low fantasy world—one that's quite similar to our own world. Superheroes ranging from Wonder Woman to Thor bring fantasy elements to worlds that otherwise obey the known laws of science. Many superhero fantasy authors have worked in the comic book medium, from Stan Lee to Bob Kane. As such, superhero fiction in the fantasy genre is also known as comic fantasy or comic book fantasy.

13. Fantasy of manners: This subgenre, exemplified by fantasy books like Gormenghast by Mervyn Peake, combines supernatural world-building with the type of society-centric concerns one might encounter in a work by Edith Wharton or Noel Coward. Human drama and pettiness may outweigh magical powers in this subgenre of fantasy literature.

14. Crossworlds fantasy: Sometimes called portal fantasy, this subgenre involves characters transporting from a normal world to a magical one. This requires authors to engage in both magical world-building and grounded realistic world-building. Crossworlds fantasy stories often appeal to children, as seen in the Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S. Lewis and Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. These works also fit a category known as juvenile fantasy.

15. Steampunk fantasy: This highly specific subgenre combines the Victorian science and technology of the Industrial Revolution with contemporary takes on robots and machines. As such, steampunk fantasy is at once alternate history, science fantasy, and a modern fantasy—although the specifics vary with specific novels. Soulless by Gail Carriger is a particularly well-regarded steampunk fantasy novel.

16. Arthurian fantasy: These historical fantasy stories exist in a magical world of King Arthur, although Arthur himself is not always the main character. Due to their magical setting, Arthurian fantasy novels and short stories tend to feature mythic creatures like dragons, and many of their heroes are knights—which also makes them part of the heroic fantasy subgenre.

17. Sci-fi fantasy: These stories can be set in any variety of time periods—which means they can be a contemporary fantasy, a modern fantasy, a futuristic fantasy, or even historical fantasy—but they establish a new world where scientific advancements have changed the rules of engagement, while still incorporating magical elements. The Star Wars series and the various works of Isaac Asimov have helped set the bar for sci-fi fantasy.

Age of Sigmar
Conan Mythos
Dark Sun
DC and Marvel (the fantasy aspects)
Diablo
DnD/Faerun/Toril/BG3 (it's all the same setting)
Dragon Lance
Eberron
Exandria
Fate Series - TYPEMOON
Hellboy
Midgard (Kobold Press)
Overlord
Record of the Lodoss War
Planescape
Star Wars
Warhammer Fantasy
Warhammer 40k