Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mx Any Ceaseless Watcher... [The Magnus Archives]

A Monster

Super-Earth
"Statement Begins."

3TjN.gif

The Magnus Archives has been a growing obsession of mine now. I've listened to the show many times over, often to the point the audio drama on shuffle provides me with background noise through a sizable part of my day sometimes. I have been itching to talk to any other fans of the series, and even more to write something involving one of my favorite media. This is also open to others who have not yet seen the show, but some baseline familiarity with the show is needed for this. I have come to admire the system of supernatural horror Johnathan Sims has written, explained enough to be a thrilling setting and framework for horror, while doing little to limit the situations and horrors it is made out of. Enough to get a firm grasp of, but still operating in a way that allows for the unknown to build. I would love to both capture the essence of this, in a slightly lewder light heavily inspired or canon compliant, or re-imaginings, AUs, or Crossovers involving TMA.

Some information about myself. I have been roleplaying for a decade now, from half-chatroom to messy attempts at plot, all the way up to novella sized posts today. There is something satisfying about trading 1500+ word count posts, although that does not make or break anything. I do tend to be comfortable in the 500 word range for posts, but I can go lower for brisker scenes, or easily go above to match post lengths, and give a scene close attention. Between work and the real world outside however, cannot gaurentee rapid responses. Can easily go daily for a plot that really has my attention, but sometimes weekly posts are to be expected. I try to make contact if it's going to be longer, but do try to get back to posts in a reasonable fashion. But this also means I am by no means picky about such things. Even if a roleplay has been stopped for months and you return, it is more than fine by me. For the right rp, I would gladly pick such things up again.

As for my kinks, they are admittedly out of place for some of the roleplays I've been thinking of. To me, a plot that can really grab me usually has dub/non-con, in that the dramatic tension is typically also sexual. From GM games with less than savory enemies to twisted tales of love, interwinging the dramatic and sexual forces usually makes a darker tone. But for the right plot, I can remain on the lighter side. Although this is also partly a horror series, so may the lighthearted keep such things in mind. For the plots below, would either be a slightly more lighthearted romantic angle, or sexualizing the eldritch horrors and what they do to their hapless victims.

"Like colors. If they hated me."
In the Universe of The Magnus Archives, the range of human emotion creates a veritable pantheon of beings known as The Dread Powers, a classification of eldritch entities feeding, or prehaps manifesting as, human fear. While the names, rituals, and trappings change, the effect does not. They feed off of human fear, casually gaining power from humanity, and using said power to prey on the edges of society.

This would be an episodic plot, far more focused on opening up onto our characters we have created, and throwing an appropriate horror their way, undoubtedly with an erotic twist. Be it simply the casual incidents where eroticism happens to be present, or if The Powers feed off of arousal or the space between arousal and fear just as much as any other kind, can be discussed and tweaked to our comfort levels. While sometimes happening to those simply at the wrong place at the wrong time, just as often they're thematic in some way, feeding into a character's fears and personality. Even if they get to walk away in the end can be case to case.

And after we are done with one character, we move onto the next. Much like the show, we can weave a plot from episode to episode, or merely enjoy building the setting up, returning to old monsters and how locations and figures leave their mark. Would also allow us to literally go kink by kink, and focus on it for a time before moving on. From cultists to stalking horrors to living erotic nightmares, just what these could take the form of is very flexible.

"A-Hunting We Shall Go."
While I would be open for other canon warping plots, this would be my attempt at a canon divergence plot, during Season 4. After Daisy is rescued from The Buried, both her and John begin to deny their supernatural craving for fear. Trying to keep their humanity as it begins to be tugged on by supernatural forces. In order to find methods to feed safely, and to survive as they are, I posit this.

Just as Robert Smirk began to use each power against the other, Jurgen Leitner made his library balancing its contents, and later, Jonah Magus enacting a ritual of multiple powers, a theory is floated that embodying multiple Fears would do the same. This inevitably leads to a character driven rp where the once hunter becomes the watcher, and the once watcher becomes the hunter. Not only breezing over the awkward previous murder attempts and followed rescue from eternal torture, the dynamic of fumbling nerd trying to become a hardened hunter, while the expert killer instead drinks it all in is something I would want to see play out. As well as expansion of the world, as they hunt for monsters to morally feed off of.

Despite how well John and Martin are written, and the good representation in John being somewhere on the Asexual spectrum, would likely go into some romance and smut between the two in some fashion. Would be flexible and willing to disregard some of canon for this.

"And we end up somewhere else."
With The Web's plan to escape into other realities, this plot is far more an invitation for fandom crossovers and alterations. Warhammer Gods and Dread Powers interacting, any other number of franchises having the eldritch horrors suddenly introduced into the plot. This would depend on just what it would be mixed with, and what plot we could hammer out from there, of course. Have seen some very good content mixing My Hero Academia with it, which has sparked a craving all on its own, if one would want a good starting place to crossover from me. But otherwise, this a good opportunity to give any ideas on your part!

The Blackwood Foundation.
This would be the closest for anything mirroring the series proper. Make a character for The Archivist of The Blackwood Foundation of Paranormal Study. Centered in the United States, episodic short after episodic short can paint a picture as to the world around it, and the mysterious foundation itself, and more about The Dread Powers than ever before, as each is given the space to breathe and vary outside of their usual spaces. As the danger becomes ever more real, more secrets begin to pile up, and The Archivist is forced to reckon with the greater truths behind their world, and what their new place is within it.

Would be more than happy to play assistants as well, and shoot for relationships between them. Also contains the running theme of episodic horrors, but with a greater focus on piecing in connections between them, and a greater plot that relies on information gleaned bit by bit about the setting. And the various beings that take an interest right back.

"Statement Ends."

Back
Top Bottom