Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

This Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own

William sighed softly as he looked at the books the children would have to be reading. He took a bite of his breakfast and continued to look over the children's roster. He decided they should read Macbeth and the Canterbury Tales. He chuckled and walked to the window looking outside. The many students at the high school were laughing and talking. He started to cough a bit as he saw something rather funny.

"This looks rather interesting." he smiled as he looked at the fly eating plant in his classroom. He always liked plants. He heard the bell ring and waited for the students to come inside the classroom. He would be teaching some freshmen until he taught some of the seniors.

Roxanne, or Roxy had Emerald green eyes. She had dark brown hair that was long and curly, and was currently pulled back into a pony tail. In the holes in her ears were a pair of white 'Fender' guitar pick earrings. Around her neck was some kind of 'key to my heart' type looking necklace as it was a silver key with hearts on it. Today she wore a pair of black shoes on her feet, a pair of blue jeans that were loose on her, but no baggy, a 'Montgomery Gentry' t-shirt, and a zip up hoodie with a dragon on it. She loved photography, to play electric guitar, to sing and to write songs.

She didn't have him till the last period of the day, seeing as she was a senior. Lately she hadn't been herself though, as if something had happened that home or as if something bad had happened recently.

William examined the students with interest. His chocolate,brown eyes were examing what they wore and what types of accesories they had on. He rather liked the girl with the guitar pick earrings. They looked really cool. He smiled and looked at them. "Hello my name is Mr. Hart but you can just call me William." he smiled and looked at him. He took a deep breath and started to pass out some books. "We will be starting today with the Canterbury Tales by Geofrey Chaucer." he explained.

She looked at the book and started to read the back before shrugging. The cover didn't look very interesting and by what it said on the back of the book it didn't sound like something she would read in her free time. But Luna decided she would give it a try. She sat it down and sighed some. The types of books she tended to read were more romance then anything.

"This book is about a group of travelers going on a trail to Canterbury. The innkeeper of the group tells people to tell stories to make the trip go faster. I would like you to read the first fifteen pages. My personal favorite of the stories is the Nun's Priest's Tale." he chuckled a bit. He grabbed some papers and passed them around. This is a thing that I am only doing for this class. "Right down a little about yourself. You can write whatever you feel comfortable with."

Back
Top Bottom