Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Where the light is faint (Nerida x Velociraptor)

NeridaOndine

Supporter
Supporter
The Exandry sea.

Usually calm, crystal blue.

Utopean, if one were not aware of the history. Of how there used to be many seas in the world, but after the flood, well, it seemed hardly useful to differentiate the oceans when the planet was 90% water.
So to most folk now, all of the brine was simply The Exandry Sea.
Now there were only pockets of land that still existed, which could barely be considered islands most of the time.
Way back then, a history most don't even remember, people had two 'choices'.
Desperately cling to the highest points of land which might survive the downpour and restart civilization there, or, evolve with the new 'habitat'. Neither were easy tasks, yet, in spite of everything, people find a way.

...One such evolved folk, long after the erosion of 'the surface world', in the present day, owned a piece of that rare 'earth' still left amongst the waves.

And it was currently being scoped out by two mischievous mermaids just a few lards into the-drink, also of 'the evolved' folk.

Nixie Lunaris's ruby head was barely out of the water, just her nose and cerulean peepers breaching, taking in the surrounding, and those beryl eyes were filled with trepidation. Slowly, she pulled her head up a bit further, pretty alabaster face with gem eyes glancing around left and right like a fish on the watch for a nearby shark.
"I dunno about this Jewel..." She glanced down beside her, and the dark haired mermaid that was the puppet-master of this whole thing, simply blinked at her, not even bringing her nose above the water, nearly fully hidden.
Nixie's lower lip jutted out in a pout, as though Jewel had made some sort of counter point, "I know you're supposed to be helping me practice, I know I asked if you had any ideas, but-but a -kraken- lives there! What if we're caught?" Again, barely a response, all that the moonlight skinned mermaid was given in reply was one of those ebony eyebrows lifting inquisitively.

Nixie sighed, her shoulders slumping as though bested in this conversational duel, despite how one sided it outwardly seemed, "Yes, of course I want the teasing to stop back at home..." She exhaled slowly, releasing the full capacity of her lungs, before she dove down and began to swim directly to the shore of the island.
Her cyan and obsidian splotched tail undulating and propelling her forward.
Her hands touched the grass, the sensation foreign to the point she almost flinched away, like she had touch an anemone. With another gulp the buxom merfolk began to crawl on her forearms, her tail worming as best as possible to help her traverse land.

Left, right, left right. Her head swiveled, searching for something that would be a suitable mode for mischief, having not really come to this place with much of an actual plan, however, the art of practical joking was spontaneity, or, so she had been told...told over and over again, actually.

Her heart thudded hard and fast enough to the point she started wondering if it might crack her ribs.

Then, like saving-grace from the gods, she spotted a simple flowerpot that was on top of a bench, and quickly, forearm over forearm, she crawled her way to it.
Just one random broken item, that was enough right? Then they could simply come back every one and awhile to mess with an item or two, causing the garden-keeper to wonder what was going on. Surely that was good enough? at least for practices sake. Nixie optimistically thought in that one moment just before the crash of the item.

She approached the item, placed her moonlight index finger against the pottery, and gave it a single 'push'.

The plant-vessel tipped over, and, unbeknownst to Nixie, on the other side of it, was some sort of system, something the garden-owner utilized to help the upkeep of this place.
Of course, Nixie would know nothing about this, how it worked, and why, that when the clay-container fell onto the equipment, it caused wires to grow taught, tugging and yanking at other implements, and, in a matter of seconds, a domino effect of chaos caused even more pots to fall over and something created a

'spark.'

Nixie's jade eyes were reflected with flames.

The plant-life beginning to be engulfed by a sudden blaze that made a audible 'whoosh' sound that had her wavy rose tresses lightly flutter backwards, partially hot enough to dry her usually perpetually wet strands.
She felt herself go still, mouth hanging open. She would seem as though a statue were it not for the way her sizable soft bosom was rising and falling from the elevation in her breath. Time itself seemed to stop while she realized the extent of the discord she had sown so quickly it was comical, especially when looking back at her track-record.

"
Holy shit." Her voice was barely as loud as a mouse, and, with the anxiety like a thorn vine around her spine that blossomed with vengeance, the curvaceous naiad turned around and began to crawl back towards the-blue in hopes of escape, looking to see Jewel had begun to crawl onto land behind her, but just a bit farther away.
Nixie crawled on one arm while frantically waving her other to her companion, voice raspy and trying to both yell and whisper at the same time in warning, "
Go! Go, GoGoGoGo!"

Jewel Joshi knew a thing or two about being teased, maybe a bit more than the paler-skinned mermaid. Despite her considerable curves getting her much attention from males, females, and shifters among their tribe of mermaids, and the jewels that adorned her body being some of the finest in the Old World, showing off her family's great power and wealth, others who didn't know what Asians had once been before the Flooding Times forced most of humanity back into the water.

"C'moooon!" her single lids squinted as she pleaded with her friend to go along with this scheme while Nixie wavered. When she brought up the fact that a kraken lived at the place they were going to vandalize. "It's just one big, dumb kraken who gardens, of all things. Imagine caring about land when all the action is undersea, like a dork! What's the worst that could happen?" Aside from a war, but that hadn't happened in a hundred years thanks to the Accords.

"I mean, don't you wanna stop the other girls from teasing you?" Jewel asked as the curvier mermaid kissed her petite best friend- and occasional lover, despite Nixie's usual preference for musclebound girls. "I know I don't like it when they do. This'll so get them off our backs," she encouraged her by way of gentle caresses on her face, before staying back and letting Nixie stretch her gills, so to speak. And at first she was proud of Nixie for taking this bold step. The other mermaid was not exactly the bravest of souls, and it was risky to prank a human village, especially one under the protection of a kraken.

Once the garden was ablaze, though, Jewel's eyes widened with fear and she flopped around on the shore to try to get to Nixie in time and help pull her back to the water. Moments later, however, automated alarms blared and the lights of the humans at the top of the hill were the only warning they received of the deeply red-hued shadow that was approaching, and rather softly too for how bulky it was.

Katriush Tekrad, often just called Katri, didn't like to throw her weight around unless it was necessary. The mere presence of the fearsome sea monster was enough to provide protection from pirates, raiders and other monsters for the town of Ancora, more than excusing her initial clumsiness in social interactions, to the point where the people adopted her and gave her the job of the town gardener, for somehow she knew how best to grow all sorts of vegetables long thought disappeared. Combined with the fact that their fishing boats were not harassed nearly as often in her considerable sphere of influence, the town had her to thank for a steady supply of food, and so was very concerned by the burning sounds and alarms coming from the garden.

"What do we have here? Some poor, unfortunate little fish that decided to ruin my garden, it seems?" Katri grinned with razor-sharp teeth as she bounded over to them in a few gigantic steps, her bulging reproductive tentacle barely contained by her loincloth as more tentacles protruded from her back suckers grabbed and pulled a wriggling Jewel with several more coiling around the helpless mermaid, followed by a few more around Nixie

"Don't play dumb, Joshi. You've done this before, but this time you brought backup, I see. Well, now I've finally caught you, and for ruining months of work since the last time you pulled this shit, you have to pay with your life, or something else!" Of course, Katri was just playing into the myth of krakens as dumb brutes who ate other sentients, or raped them, none of which she was intending to do. Then Jewel peed on her tentacle in fear, and Katri laughed.

"Awww…are you scared?”

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom