Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Wizard in Boston

Chaos

Supernova
I recently got some inspiration to write about my modern day wizard Samael, so I think I'll work on that here so i can share it. Might have some spicy scenes too! I started typing some of it up my phone but I want to rewrite it before I post any of it in here.
I think I'll focus on his romance with a faerie whos trying to cheer him up. Things will get heated!

as Im writing these snippets I realize I maybe should do some order, do a slower burn to the romance, etc, but right now I just want to write the scenes in my head. and my head is getting horny for steamy scenes between the two. although im at least trying to space them out with Samael actually doing work.

I can always come back later and add in more slow born scenes to space stuff out. For now, just assume between the first and the third post that at least quite a few months but probably a year or longer has passed!
I kind of figure that she keeps long hours at her shop, and being a faerie she can stay energized all day. Still, I don't see her wanting to be at her cafe ALL day long, and so I pictured her opening up the shop early in the morning, getting things up and running, working about five hours, and then going off to do her own errands or recreation until about 3-5 hours before closing, where she closes up shop all by herself late at night. Perhaps popping in at busy intervals to help her small staff if need be.
She'd probably be one of the few cafe shops open so late because she knows theres plenty of people who work second and third shift and need the caffeine to survive the horrible hours. Which is how she met Samael!
Apologies if the sex scene Im working on isn't very good. I dont really have much real world experience.

Last edited:
(So after some feedback from a friend Ive learned I need to do a complete rewrite of this scene. More show. Less tell. I don't know when ill do it but it will probably just be a new post and Ill leave this here as a show of first draft.)

"Her name was Astrid, and she had the prettiest blue eyes I had ever seen. We had met one fateful night when I was out on the hunt, and I fell madly in love with her. I'd do anything for her, and those cute freckles of hers. I thought she loved me too back then but these days... I just wonder if maybe it was simply wishful thinking..." Samael sighed, and shook his head. "But it wasnt meant to be. things got complicated with this monster, might have been an ice giant, I'm not sure, but after that... I never saw her again. She just... left... Vanished, I don't know. But she was gone." he said. and shook his head before tasking a sip of the freshly poured coffee. black. bitter. it was all he deserved in life.

The petite woman opposite him was absolutely enthralled with him and his tale of lost love, but Samael would never have noticed even if there was a flashing neon sign. Not that he didn't like her, she was five foot perfect and the owner of the small cafe, and she was always trying to cheer him up ever since the first time he walked into her establishment.
She was a joy fairy, a being that thrived off peoples happiness. she didn't drain people like a vampire, she was simply energized by it like a flower in the sun.
she also had an immense knack for cheering people up so when the gloomiest person she had ever met walked into Her cafe, she took it as a challenge.
Asking him if he had a girlfriend however, had been a mistake.
"Well, surely there's more fish in the sea. as they say. Surely there's someone out there that has caught your fancy!"

Samael looked up at her, giving her a good long stare as a smile slowly began to creep onto his face, but it was gone the moment it arrived. "Nah." he said. "It wouldn't work out anyway."

Tiff turned bright red as he stared at her. and the obvious truth suddenly became all to clear to her. Well! She hadn't expected that!
what would she do with this new information. this was now a dangerous game she was playing!
"W-well. ah. yes. That's... so have you have you had any other lovers?" Tiff asked, trying to divert away from current thoughts.

Samael stared at her for a moment longer before shrugging. "Oh sure. Plenty of short flings. Slept with a few clients against my better judgement, someone women can be very persuasive. Just sex though. Never any deep emotions of longing. Heck, I've slept with a few vampires. A vampire Lady once even! I was causing trouble for vampires wherever I went and we... came to an agreement of sorts." He said, taking another sip of the bitter drink to remind himself that life was pain.

"Oh?" Tiff asked, her curiosity peeked. "I wouldn't mind hearing that story sometime."

"Even the juicy details?" Samael asked her in a teasing tone.

Tiff blushed lightly and nodded. She leaned in closer and whispered. "Especially those details." before pulling back and leaning on the table. "I want to see you happy Sammy." She said in her cute little voice, but Samael rolled his eyes.

"Well there's one way you could see that." Samael said and sipped his coffee, once more staring the fairy down as she turned bright red.
He gave a mock laugh, and slid out of his chair. standing a full eight inches over her as he was just over five foot eight.
Truth be told he wanted to pick her up by her slender little waist, take her over to the counter, bend her right over it, and give her the time of her life.
But he also liked coming here for coffee at night.

Tiff was bright red and at a loss for words, perhaps she was getting vibes off his horny thoughts, but she looked up at his strong chest and to his grizzled face as her heart beat a mile a minute. Oh how she wanted him to do things to her.
"I... well.... you know...." she stammered trying to say something, anything.

"I'll see you tomorrow. Tiffany." Samael said, and walked out the door, headlong out into the night and giving Tiff time to recover herself before attending to the other customers.

Last edited:
The night was young, and the things that go bump in the night were starting to come out. Samael was easily a night owl, which helped with his job, and he usually slept most of the day, waking in the late afternoon. He wore his usual attire, a long leather coat over a black band t-shirt and jeans, with running shoes so he could be quick on his feet. A wooden rod with runes carved into the end hung from his belt, an odd but rather inconspicuous thing to those who didn't know what it was. He only brought his staff with him when he was out on serious business, and tonight was just a scouting night. He solved people's problems for a living, and was especially good at simply taking out monsters, but it wasn't his only skill set. But work wasn't frequent, and it rarely paid enough to last more than a few months, so often time he went out looking for trouble, instead of waiting for it to come to him.
Tonight was no exception, and he was itching for trouble.

Tiffany may have been short and petite due to being a faerie, but being a joy faerie also meant that her shape was pleasing to behold. She had curved hips and a shapely butt, and her bossom was impressive for her small frame without being obnoxiously oversized. She had an impressive chest that caught many an eye, and earned her quite large tips while at work.
It had also nearly gotten her in trouble once when two troublesome men got handsy with her on a slow night, but luckily Samael and swung by and made short work of them with a quick gust of wind, but not before they had left her dress more than disheveled. Samael had been ready to crack some skulls with his blasting rod, but a swift magic attack was more than enough to scare the fuck out of a pair of dull minded Sleepers. Luckily her shop was incredibly low tech with minimal electronics, not much more than a few busted bulbs and a burnt card reader.
Magic and electronics didn't mix, while basic mechanisms were fine, more high tech technology didn't get along well with magic, electrical devices the most so. It's why Samael had an old rotary phone, and drove an old jeep waggoneer. less things to go wrong. It was a hindrance some days more than others, as even just his aura could cause issues at times, but it was truly only when he was actively whipping out spells that real damages were caused. Many wizards used charms and sigils to contain their aura when they were out in a city for work, some small little carving on a necklace was often enough. Samael was a destructive wizard by nature though, and his charm was quite large with multiple little ones added on to the chain it hung on around his neck. It hindered his magic, although he didn't need much to deal with those two goons, so he kept on with a pair of magnets so he could swiftly snap it off if the need arose. Of course when he was out on a job he simply forgo wearing it to start.

Samael walked over to Tiff as she recovered herself, flush red at how far their hands had gotten. She was a sensitive little thing, and even the unwanted touches had gotten a rise out of her.
"Are you alri-" Samael had stated to say, when Tiff threw her arms around his neck and kissed him firmly on the lips, closing her eyes as she clung around his neck for a moment, he feet coming off the ground as she hung there.
Samael's eyes widened with shock, and he looked at her with surprise as she pulled back, looking sheepish as blushed red at what she had done. Samael was at a loss of words.
"Th-thanks for helping me..." She said quietly. "You're a real hero..."
Samael sighed. "It's what I do. You know that Tiffany."
"S-still!" She started, but Samael shook his head.
"I'll pay for the damages, how much to replace the card reader?" Samael asked, pointed at the smoking piece of plastic. Luckily her actual cash register was a very old thing in comparison.
"N-no! Nothing!" She protested. "I make plenty it's fine!" She said and moved closer to him. "I really appreciate you Samael... I think..."
"No."
"Oh phooey! Stop it! I know you like me! And I can't fight these feelings anymore!" Tiff said starting to feel quite brave now.
"And you know exactly why it's a terrible idea."
"Oh really? Mister wizard? You're not a sleeper, you're barely mortal! And you know darn well it's happened before! And don't act like you care what the Council thinks!"
Samael sighed, she was making too many good points. perhaps he should scare her out of it. "Oh really...? He said, and grasped on hand around her bottom as he pulled her even closer with a swift motion. "Is this what you want?" He asked lifting her chin and leaning to kiss her, forcing her tongue past her lips as his passion gave way, but only for a moment before he broke away again. Tiff opened her moth to respond but he suddenly spun her around, pulling her tight to his chest, one hand threating to dip where another had just been, the other groping her breast over the thin cloth of the dress. Her nipples were already hard from one of them being pinched before, and he hesitated, giving him a moment to collect his thoughts. He was leading his primal urges get the better of him. Or was it the effect she had on people?
Tiff's breathing was heavy, but the sudden scare was over, and she pressed back into his crotch as she leaned her head up to look at him. "Yes." she said simply and softly, one hand gently resting on his, as if inviting him to stroke her wet flower, the other hand slowly crawling up to grip the back of his head. His hair was surprisingly soft.
Samael sighed, and slowly pulled back from her. "No, this isn't right..." He said and started to walk away.
Tiff was fed up though, and didn't appreciate being teased as such, all this touch was driving her mad now, and she quickly walked in front of him to smack him hard across the face.
Samael stumbled back, and suddenly remembered why you should never judge a faerie by their appearance. That hurt!
"Don't you dare give me any speeches about not getting involved or the dangers of blah blah blah! The only thing you should be doing right now is kissing me!" She said, and puffed her cheeks out in the cutest angry expression Samael had ever seen. He couldn't help but start to laugh, not just at how she looked, but at the absurdity of this whole situation.
Tiff blinked in surprise. She had barely ever seen him smile, and now suddenly he was laughing. It was a drastic change to say the least.
"Ah Tiffany... You're such a strange one. You were just assaulted, it doesn't feel right to do anything like that now." He said, and kissed her lightly on her forehead. "Maybe though, we can pursue this at a later date. Can I get some coffee? Tonight is going to somehow get even crazier for me in a few hours."
Tiff deflated, and nodded her head slowly. "Ya... Alright..." She said. "But two nights from now, you're mine."
"Sure, we'll see."

Samael threw himself across the room to get out of the way of what he could only call a raging boar full of spikes and spite, what in the nine layers of hell did this warlock summon?!
He groaned as he quickly picked himself up, the sound of of the boar crashing into some old crates deeper into the abandoned warehouse told him he had a few moments to collect himself. His staff had gone sprawling into the dark, and he didn't have time to find it, so the blasting rod came off his belt and he reached into his coat for his trusty Charging Rhino as he called it, a revolver similar to that of a classic anime character, and set to work finding the warlock again. Bastard was up to something, and no spiky demon was going to stop Samael from finding out what!
Samael darted between crates and racks as he moved swiftly, he could hear the howling boar getting closer, a beast of pure rage it cared not for subtlety. It didn't take long for the creature to sniff him out, and came barreling through some old shelving and missed him by a few inches as he lept back, swinging the revolver out blast two shots right into it's face. The creature hadn't expected holy rounds from a mortal wizard, and Samael hadn't expected it to explode like a balloon, sending vile viscera all over the place, and all over him. It had been foolish to shoot it so close, as he now found several spikes stuck in him, one into his leg, one in his shoulder. If his leather jacket hadn't been enchanted it would have been much much worse.
He walked it off however, and the warlocks screams of frustration had given him away.

Samael moved fast despite his injuries and spun around a corner, moving straight for the warlock not ten feet a way. Samael swiftly gathered his emotions and will into a focused point on the end of his rod, and with a sudden shout of latin he blasted the warlock back into the wall, knocking any dangerous objects from his hands in the process. The warlock was given no time to recover as Samael was swiftly upon him, and a thickening crack ran out as he smacked the warlock across the head with his blasting rod, sending him back to the ground again.
"Alright Asshole, what game are you playing at?!" Samael demanded, having no time for this shit. The warlock looking up to see the rifled bore of his revolver aimed right at his head. "Kill me! You'll never stop his plans! We are many! I"LL NEVER TALK!!!" He was silenced swiftly with a heal to the jaw, sending him backwards to the ground, and leaving Samael frustrated. He calmed his head though, and looked around. "Luckily for me, I don't need you to talk..." Samael said, and bound the warlock with iron cuffs before setting about the place to find some answers and make some calls.

It had been a month since that crazy night, and Tiff was getting beyond frustrated. She needed Samael bad, and every time he came in he was too quick for her to pin him down. She hadn't seen him for a whole week after that night, and the next time she saw him he had a freshly sewn hole in his jacket and was quick to dodge any questions.
Two days! She had wanted him back in two days! And that week had now turned into a month! She would get him yet though! No matter what it took!
Luckily for her, his guard was down tonight, and she struck when she had the chance.
Samael had walked in around the usual time, he seemed distracted, his head in the clouds, and he placed his hands down on the counter when he ordered his usual.
This was it! Her store was currently empty since it was late in the middle of the week, there was no one around to witness what she was going to do!
"Samael" She nearly shouted at him, and swiftly placed her hands down over his, gripping around the wrists as she looked up at him. "Stop avoiding me!"
Samael broke out of his fuzz as she gripped his wrists and pressed on his hands, and he looked at her face, blinking in surprise. "What are you talking about? I'm right in front of you."
"You know what I mean! I wanted a special night nearly a month ago!" She said, her cheeks puffing out a little.
Samael sighed. "Look, I've been on a tough case with the Council, I got a cult to deal with. I'm been busting heads left and right but there's just so darn many of them!" He shook his head, looking into Tiff's eyes, for just a moment. "I just don't have time to chat these days, I'm sorry."
"Well sorry doesn't cut it Samael! You clearly need a break! And I'm giving you one! Tonight!" She demanded it him, but he sighed again and with a small amount of effort he pulled his hands back.
"I just want a coffee to go. I'm sorry." He said, and turned around to leave, but Tiff wasn't having it, and with a snapper of her fingers the front door locked and all the window shades dropped around the store.
Samael turned back around, an eyebrow taised. "Tiffany...." He said, almost warning her not to start with him.
"No! Don't you dare take that tone with me!" She said, and stormed around the counter and lept up on her toes to wrap her arms around his neck and force a kiss to his lips.
Samael hesitated, his hands out, his arms back, but he finally relented, and wrapped his arms around her, kissing her back. She was right as usual. He needed a break. Perhaps a break would clear his head.
"Alright. Fine. You win. What did you have in mind?" He said.
Tiff pulled back, and practically beamed with excitement. "You just wait right here for a minute! I'll go get the upstairs prepared!" She said excitedly as she swiftly removed her thin leather apron and tossed it on the counter before hurrying into the back and up to her living space up above.

Perhaps five minutes later, Tiff came back through the kitchen doors, blushing lightly as she came back around the counter, and took his hand. "Come." She simply said, and led him through the back and up the stairs to her apartment. It was a quaint and rustic little place with a lot of colorful rugs thrown over the wooden flooring, plants everywhere, and a real sense of home. She had not only thrown down an impressive trail of petals that led to her bedroom, but there were candles lit everywhere in sight, not only casting plenty of light due to the sheer number of them, but the fragrance from them was intense as he first went up the stairs with her. They removed their shoes at the top of the stares due to Tiff's request, and she moved ahead to the entrance of her bedroom. She made sure she had Samael's full attention, before slipping her dress off her shoulders and letting it fall to the ground around her feet. She was left standing in only her panties, her perky breasts on full display for him. She smiled, and then walked into her bedroom, waiting for him to follow.
Samael stared for a few moments longer, and then slowly removed his jacket, placing it on a nearby hook, and then tugged his shirt off as he walked after her, tossing it to the ground as he started to work his belt, walking into her bedroom as he let it drop to the floor. "I suppose it would be rude to turn down an invitation." He said, and walked over to her as she stood at the edge of her bed. Gently taking her face in his hands as he leaned down to kiss her, Tiff's lips hungrily nipping at his before she slipped her tongue eagerly into his mouth. She wrapped her arms around his neck as she stood on tip toes, and the two shared the deepest and longest kiss they ever had yet.
He turned her about, cupping one of her breasts in hand and gave it a gentle squeeze, his other hand sliding down her belly to stroke at her soft folds, a couple fingers slipping in to tease her insides. Tiff responded with a soft whimpering noise, she was already wet and eager for him, but all he did was tease her, even now. "D-don't make me pin you down..." Tiff protested, and Samael simply pushed his fingers deeper. "Anh... Tease..." Samael merely responded with kisses down her neck and a playful pinch of a nipple. She had such a soft body and he wanted to relish this moment before they undoubtedly fucked like animals.
"You're already so wet Tiffany, perhaps I should help you out once in awhile..." He said, and both hands came to grasp her breasts, squeezing them softly before he teased both nipples, playing with them as he pulled her back against him.
"I'd like that..." breathed Tiff, and she deftly undid his pants behind her, pushing them down until he stepped out of them and kicked them away. Samael reached both hands down this time, fingers finding folds to tease and a cavern to enter, but it wasn't long before he found a little clit to play with and she gasped out, her hips started to shake as he teased it just right. "Ah-Anh!" She gasped, biting her lip as he continued to toy with her, how much longer would this go?
Tiff finally had to break away, and she turned around to face up, leaning up to steal a quick kiss from his lips before kneeling down in front of him, grasping his boxers and pausing for half a moment before pulling them down, his hard cock springing free before her face, precum already on the tip. "Ah, I'm not the only one who's excited I see." She said, and breathed deep before she swiftly took the head into her mouth, sucking around it and swirling her tongue as she licked up the potent juice on the end. It didn't take her long to started moving up and down his shaft, making all sorts of lewd noises as she glucked and sucked his shaft, bracing her hands lightly on his manly thighs. Samael panted as she went, light moans escaping his mouth as she worked. Tiff paused when it hit the back of her throat, and held there for a moment, moaning along the shaft, and causing Samael to grasp at the back of her head, as if holding on for dear life. When she tried to pull back to finally catch her breath, Samael was still holding on, and she started to gag, twitching a little before Samael noticed, and quickly let go so she could breath.
"Ah, ha.... I see you're ready..." She said panting, and wiped her mouth of saliva, catching the bit that was dripping down and flicked it away. "Come..." She said standing up. "Take me as you like..." She added, moving back to the bed and leaning against it as she faced him. "I am yours Samael, let me easy your worries for one night."

I want to write a proper sex scene here but for now. I think I want to write something else. I hope whoever is enjoying this can forgive me. I had a big spike of inspiration and then it went away. UwU
I want to leave this next slot for it, but I also want to continue on to some more cult shennagians, or uh, something. I dunno. Maybe I'll just have him brood down the sidewalk? I wont be opposed to suggestions (in my DMs).
It was here on her bed where Tiff got a good look at Samael's naked body for the first, time, and a soft gasp escaped her lips at the sight of all his scars, the most notable of which was a massive claw mark across his chest. How did she not see that before? "Wh-what happened?" She asked, point a shaky finger at the center of his chest as he stepped closer.
Samael paused, looking down at his chest before a moment before sighing. "Werewolf, a big one, nearly killed me." He said, and approached her again. "Luckily for the both of us his pack interfered in the fight or neither of us would have walked away alive I'm sure." He smiled, as he leaned over her. "Don't worry, I left a nasty scar on him too. Although... with his healing powers... The lasting one was more mental." Samael concluded, and kissed her softly on her lips as he leaned over her.
"O-oh... Your line of work is very dangerous isn't it?" She said, and slowly skirted back on the bed, motioning him to follow with a single finger.
"In a sense, but I'm also very good at what I do." He said, and crawled up onto the bed after her. "Enough about me though, It's time I had a taste."
"What do you mean a taste?" Tiff asked, but soon enough she felt his hand pushing her back down into the bed before he disappeared between her two legs, his hands cupping her bottom as he mouth found her wet flower. "O-oh!" She gasped as he started licking, his tongue sliding between the folds of her slit as he began, tasting deep as he started on her. She was sweet, like golden nectar, and he sucked softly as he flicked his tongue up and down, moaning lightly against her pussy as she wrapped her fingers around the bed sheets. "Unnh... Samael..." She gasped lightly, She didn't think he would just continue to tease her. But Samael went on, slow at first, teasing her with just his tongue for a bit, before glancing up at her for just a moment, before pressing the tip of his tongue against her clit. With a soft pressing, rotating movement, he swirled his tongue against it her, causing her to cry out and grasped his hair, holding tight, and only egging him on to tease her little nub harder. "Mmm, ahhh, S-Samael! Samael! Ah!" She cried out, gasping and moaning. It wasn't long before he slid two fingers into her, stroking her folds as he went, pushing her to her limits until she suddenly came, her juices hitting hitting his face to his his surprise. He pulled back a bit, land licked his lips of the sweet nectar, and slowly pulled out his fingers, licking them a little before moving over her, a slight grin on his face as he places them in her mouth, taking her by surprise. She blushed deeply, but licked his fingers clean. It was so embarrassing to taste herself like this, but him taking charge like this was also so very exciting. "Are you going to stop teasing me yet or are we going to be here all night?"
Samael grinned bigger, and kissed along her neck. "You already know the answer to that." He whispered into her ear, and positioned himself over her. "Are you sure you're ready?" He asked her.
Tiff rolled her eyes, and wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him close with surprising strength. "I've been ready for months you silly man!" She said, and kissed him deeply, moaning into his mouth as her tongue swirled with his. In response, Samael reached down to position himself, before slowly pressing into her, moans growing as their hips meant, and the rhythm animalistic ritual began.
~~cont

Last edited:
It was late, dusk had fallen and midnight was fast approaching. It was getting to that time of the night when everything was eerily quiet. When the monsters began to slink from the shadows. Those that dared.
If there was one thing that Samael was good it, it was putting making sure that things that go bump in the night, no longer bumped. There had hardly been a monster yet to cross him and live to tell the tale, and the ones who were smart enough to run away or negotiate learned to keep they head down real fast.
The streets where he lived got quite real fast when he moved in, and his apartment complex full of old folks and single mothers never had issues again. Samael wasn't one to fuck around. He was raised to have a sense of duty, to use his awesome and terrifying power to protect those who couldn't protect themselves. And he was happy to send those monsters back to where they came from.
Tonight he was out on the far end of town, investigating some sightings of strange creatures and men in robes. A few people may have gone missing, but that could mean anything these days. A kid runs away from home, a college student wakes up in another town after a wild night, fae pulling their little tricks or on the rare occasion, someone became a meal. Even vampires rarely kept anyone around for livestock, but it still happened sometimes. They dont need to drain the entire body, and most of their victims just wake up with what they think is a bad hangover the next day, none the wiser. Cause sure, people go missing all the time, but it was better for them to keep a low profile and let their victims go back to their lives then to start drawing attention to themselves from the Council, the Guild, or worse yet, Local Law Enforcement. The veil existed for a reason, and anyone who was smart knew to let the Sleepers unaware, less they be wiped from the earth for good.

I want to take a break and talk about some world building here. The above post was a bit of a mess anyway. So, when I started writing Samael sometime in the 2010s I had already had interest in the concept of werewolves, vampires, wizards, hunters, etc. in modern day. Wizards in DnD are par for the course, but a wizard in modern times? Now that was cool. It has strong Outsider vibes than I really want to explore and experience. Perhaps that's one reason why I stuck to half-elves mostly in DnD, especially with the idea that they'te looked down upon by both societies. Being an outcast seems fun oddly enough. Sadly however, I never got to do more than a session or two with the three or four characters I made for MAGE the Ascension, of which I own many books for, but nowhere near a complete collection. (I even own the GURPS version!) I took a bit of inspiration from World of Darkness, as well as from Dresden Files, one of the few book series I've read most of.
However I want to create my own world, one a little less dark than the reality of the fiction you see most days. There is MUCH I dislike about Buffy.
Wizards/Mages
So one of the ideas I liked in Dresden Files is that Magic and Technology do NOT get along, it's a fun concept to explore, but I've never been consistent with it and Samael is a combat wizard for lack of a better term (DnD calls them evocation but the definition of that is the act of bringing or recalling a feeling, memory, or image to the conscious mind or the action of invoking a spirit or deity and while you are brining/invoking magic fire and the like, it doesn't really cement to me the concept of destruction) which means that his aura would never allow him anywhere near a civilized city. Also a quick note that MAGE has this concept but only as an optional flaw you can take (for more points in character building). So one of my first changes to this concept is that mechanical things are pretty much fine. Gears turning against each other, solid physical mechanical technology work just fine, however electronic devices very much have issues, and the more modern the worse it is. Old lightbulbs may flicker a bit while LEDs may just fry in the mere presence of a powerful wizard, but if that wizard casts any magic? Bulbs will just straight up pop! Part of the idea that supports this concept of magic messing with electricity comes from some stuff I heard about ghosts and electromagnetic fields that I heard once and it sounded interesting, so it fits with what I'm going for.
So this presents a problem for the modern day wizard then, how do they go about life? How do they walk down the street without frying every single cell phone around them? The advent of smart phones has clearly made this a much larger problem than thirty years ago today, and writing a story in the nineties would certainly make things easier.
Well one would assume, correctly, that most wizards would choose to live in small towns and even further out. Less technology to worry about, less people to discover their secrets. A Wizard could also practice meditation or something, to hold their aura in tighter, another idea I believe was explored in Dresden Files. When I started this thread I came up with an idea that I briefly touched upon in my posts. The idea of a magical artifact, a carved charm, that uses magic to suppress the magical aura they emit, to allow them to move more freely through the city. It could be home made or crafted by the Council for their members, there would be multiple ways to obtain one. The drawbacks would be, although minor, that it would mess with their magic if they tried to cast any while wearing it, and taking it off in a hurry might not be a huge issue but it could be easily lost in a tussle.
One could also wave off the idea of Auras having any real impact, but it's always a fun element to explore, but even if you do. The idea of actively casting magic messing with electronics around them is just too good of an idea to throw away.
Additionally and obviously wizards with only a minor talent of magic wouldn't have to worry about most of this so much, but Samael is stuck in a situation here, a rock and a hard place. Not only is he required to live in a large city, Boston, that I feel in love with during trips to the freedom trail, but he also has a very potent aura, so I decided if I do stick to the charm concept, he has one very large one and a few extra to be safe, hanging around his neck. There would be a magnetic clasp, which should be fine around magic, maybe, that would allow him to swiftly snap it off incase he runs into any trouble. He is also mostly a night owl to help mitigate how many people he is around, although that's really more cause he fights monsters that mostly just come out at time so it works out.
Vampires
So I never liked the idea that vampires kill anyone they feed on. You never see them in any media drain enough blood to actually kill their victims, although there are some precious arteries in the neck I suppose, it still never sat well with me. It would also lead to a lot of bodies piling up and while in most media it's just one or two vampires who don't care and end up being hunted and killed by the end of the movie or show, it presents an issue for vampires who want to hide in modern society.
The idea then is that there is a compound in vampire saliva that clots the blood when they're done feeding, far faster than would normally happen, which may also heal the wound completely so that no double fang mark is left on the victim, and they simply wake up with a hangover the next day. One would also figure in that perhaps, a vampire only requires a pint or so of blood every three nights to keep their strength up, equivalent to one blood donation, which may leave some victims feeling woozy after. There may also be a need to mind control a little so their victims have no recollection, perhaps again, something in the saliva, and, for some added fun, perhaps some vampires have a bit of aphrodisiac in their blood, for some added fun!
This all concludes to the point that the BEST place for a vampire to hunt would be a night club. It's dark, it's loud, most everyone is drunk to some extent, so anyone they feed on is just going to believe at worst, they just have a really bad hangover. It's the perfect feeding ground and would even allow for me to say vampires need to feed once a night or so, more than the once every three days, but that's a minor detail.
Then there's the concept vampires bursting in the sun. So vampires in my worlds, are NOT undead. They are more cursed for lack of a better concept, and curses can work in many ways, which allows me the concept of a taint system, where the more a vampire overfeeds and harms their victim, or the darker their soul even, the worse the sun is for them. So a good natured vampire can just throw on a sunhat and sunglasses, a long t-shirt and pants, and be mostly fine out during the day. I also adhere to the idea that a vampire bite does not instantly turn you like a zombie bite does in most media. A vampire has to choose to turn their victim, and it can possibly be reversed, but not easily so if at all. It takes a bit of magic on their part, and is not done often, as it can just lead to more competition. Perhaps even just certain powerful vampires are capable of it, Originals or Lords or something, not something I'm too worried about fleshing out at the moment.
Werewolves
I haven't done too much exploring with werewolves as of yet, but I have a little bit I can talk about. Werewolves in my world have three forms to take, inspired by the overload of five from World of Darkness. There is of course, human form that goes without explanation, animal form which is as simple as it sounds, and war form, which is the main form that looks cool as heck. A werewolf who's in control of their dangerous self can change whenever they like, although I could limit war form to night, and they hold to their sanity with ease. Perhaps under a full moon they may struggle with control, but an experienced werewolf will manage just fine for the most part. It's rare for werewolves to live deep in a city, as the call of nature is too strong to their animalistic nature. That doesn't mean there aren't any though, and Samael has had a few run-ins, although he is now in good standings with the local pack in Boston. Werewolves are neither good nor evil inherently. They are animalistic in nature, and as long as they are well fed, they are generally not a danger. They also have a pack mentality, and take care of each other, so random werewolf attacks are nearly unheard of in most places, but not impossible.
Fae
The fae are as random as the weather, and although they do have courts, they are not so strongly tied to them in my world as they are in Dresden Files. I'm not sure how much I'll do with the Seelie and Unseelie courts either, for now, I'm fine running faeries as whatever works well in the situation. Obviously some are wicked in nature, but there's no reason why some can't be kind in nature as well!
Hunters
Hunters are mostly just very skilled human with tools, although perhaps there's, something in their blood, that makes them a step above the average human holding a crossbow or shotgun. I haven't dived to deep into them, and while I've had a story between a werewolf and a young soon to be hunter, it has not progressed to the point of being able to lay out any groundwork for how they function. They have a Guild like the wizards have a Council, but I haven't thought out much more than that.

Possibly noncanon but this is stuck in my head. It's a naughty scene.
(sorry I haven't finished the sex scene yet. I'm struggling.)

It was the end of the day, and Tiff was putting stuff away on the shelves in the back, she hadn't closed up yet but she had no customers and probably wouldn't in the last hour before closing. Or so she thought. If anyone were to come in, the bell would ding, and she'd be alerted, that was how it was supposed to work.

Tiff was reaching up to a top shelf, sliding a box back when a pair of strong arms suddenly came around her, and her world started to get crazy. Before she could even speak she felt them slip under her yellow apron, and a hand groped one of her perky breasts, squeezing over the blouse she had on, and elicited a moan from her lips. The other hand slid down to her shorts and popped the button to her pants, getting them open enough to slide down in there and start stroking her over her silky panties. "Nnnnh... no..." she gasped, but bit her lip. These hands knew what they were doing, but how could they not? She squirmed against the advance, but hardly put up a fight. The first hand pulling down her blouse enough for a breast to fall free, and soon she found the rosy peak being toyed with, causing her to arch back against the aggressor, and catching a glimpse of his ruggedly handsome face.
The other hand down below was pushing the cloth aside, and went for a two prong attack, causing her to squirm and press her legs together to no avail. a pair of fingers pressed into her tight walls, and the thumb found her clit. They worked in tiny motions, stroking and teasing, causing her to elicit tiny moan after tiny moan, getting her just right.
The hands worked her deftly, and she trembled in the grasp of the strong man, squirming and wriggling and arching into him, panting as her mouth fell open and she moaned louder and louder until finally her pants became a soaking wet mess and her body stiffened in pleasure.
She collapsed in the man's arms, looking up at her handsome boyfriend feeling very satisfied. "Y-you're so naughty..." She panted. "Sneaking up on me like that..." She panted.

Samael sighed, and pulled her close in a tight hug. "Don't act like this was more my idea than yours. You're into some kinky stuff Tiffany." He said, using her full name again. He never once called her Tiff, like he was some sort of proper gentleman or something, which she knew he wasn't.

"Mmmm, well.... A little excitement and surprise is nice..." She said, and pulled back, having caught her breath. "Now help me close up, and I'll reward you in kind..." Tiff said with a wink, before shaking her butt at him and getting back to work.

I want to write a scene with Samael dealing with cultists, and a scene where some cultists try and mess with Tiff to get at Samael and discover they've made a mistake.
I got staycation a week from now, hoping to come up with something than but writers block is very frustrating.

(edited to be better, sorry if you read the first draft. v_v)

The clack of heels echoed off the buildings as TIff went out at night, she needed to get some fresh spices from one of her sellers who didn't operate during the day time, so off she went. This part of town was fairly quite at night, the rare care, the occasional person, but hardly anyone was out when they didn't have to be. It made it all the easier for Tiff to notice the two men in dark hoodies that were stalking her from a distance any mortal wouldn't have noticed without training. She smirked a moment, were these the ones Samael was after? How proud would he be if she got information out of them? The fools had no idea what they were tracking.
She was already plenty close to her seller, so she'd have to take care of this before she got there, so she hurried her step as they slowly worked closer, playing the role of scared victim, and the quicker she walked the closer they got, seemingly worried they'd lose their prey, and soon enough they were close enough that it was time to duck into an alleyway. She didn't get far in before one of them grabbed her arm, and she swiftly went into action.
Tiff twisted her arm to grab his instead, and swung him right into his accomplice with a surprise of power, sending both men sprawling against a wall and to the ground, one of them managed to recovered and pulled out a dagger, but a snap of her fingers had it clattering into a pile of trashcans, ripped straight from his hand. "Oh no. You won't be needing that." She said, a bright wicked smile appearing across her face, all too easy dealing with these mortals. The man however, not giving up yet, tried to get to his feet and rush her, but a well placed heel to his chest sent him right back into the other guy as he tried to get back up again, sending them once more sprawling to the ground.
"You thought that Wizard was dating some harmless mortal?" She said jeeringly as she approached them. "You boys are more foolish than I thought. He's far too dangerous and powerful to waste his time on some mere mortal. No no, you're about to learn just what kind of world he lives in." A wicked smile spread across her face, just because she was a joyful being didn't mean she couldn't be scary. Even the simplest and kindest of fae could be a danger to mortals when pissed off, and she did not like it when people caused problems for her Samael.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom