Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

MatchaMochi's bittersweet hiatus announcement

MatchaMochi

Cuteness Is Justice!
Hi there!

This probably doesn't come as a surprise to anyone who's been playing with me in the past half-a-year or so, or has seen my dwindling posting/activity rate and copious amounts of "sorry for the delay" profile-posts, but finally I've reached the the point where I feel like this is the only option left for me:

After this thread is posted I will be going to an indefinite hiatus from this forum.

Reasons for this are varied, but mostly boil-down to the basic problems with this hobby and how they affect my mental health and roleplaying. Roleplaying has easily been the most unrewarding hobby for me, especially when taken accord the time-investment you put into it. While I still have the drive to write the drive to look for people to write with has long since gone, since despite the effort you put into this the end result of ghosting remains unchanged, and that's to be expected when dealing with other people sure, but I'd be lying if I said that it hasn't slowly but surely accumulated to the point where I even dread to log-in on my account most of the time. So I do genuinely think that I need a break mainly from this platform, and other ones I used to search roleplaying company.

As mentioned before my mental health in general has also been something that has progressively gone for the worse. This isn't helped by the fact that when I finally feel like I created some sort of meaningful friendship or connection through this hobby I'm proven wrong. For someone who wanted to make new acquaintances through this hobby it's been extremely frustrating. All in all I think that at the end I have failed in every goal I set up for myself when I started to take this hobby seriously (which were improve my writing, make new friends and have fun), and while there were some good times and amazing partners and peoples I got to talk to the negatives greatly outweight good for me right now, and I don't have the energy to just grin and bear with them anymore.

I will also try to learn my own mistakes that I did with this hobby so far while I'm on this break, since I definitely screwed myself over a lot as well. Mainly in communication-department and saying yes and commiting to ideas I wasn't sure I'd be into in the long-run.

Will I come back?
Maybe. Not sure yet. I want to see how the hiatus where I don't have to stress about this hobby and replying in a timely manner affects on my general mood and writing motivation. If the break did it's trick as it usually has I will be back with a fresh mindset, if I deem that it's not worth it then I won't. I might also make a new account when/if I come back and start from the blank slate. Not really sure yet, though I'm confident that you will know it's me, and won't try to hide it either, though won't be shouting that "I used to be MatchaMochi" either hah hah!

What will happen to our play/planning?
It depends on you, my potential planning/roleplaying partner who reads this. If you want to continue when I possibly come back, then I most likely am down to that. If you want to drop it then I fully understand and respect your decision.

Can I stay in contact with you in some way?
If we were playing/planning and communicating OOC and you want to stay in touch then feel free to ask my Discord. Might give it, but also feel that the only person who might want it already has it lol. I might be open to transfer the play here as well depending on how long we got and other stuff.

I want to apologize this sudden development for all my partners and everyone who I was planning with, especially those whom I started to brainstorm and play with after my last bump which was not too long ago. This decision has been brewing for some time, but these past two weeks my resolve has been solidified little by little, and feel that this is my only option for me to possibly still actively come back to this hobby. Despite me being quite pessimistic about this hobby I still had fun-times here, and I wish all the best for my partners and ex-partners for the time being, and I want to thank anyone who played with me, or attempted to play with me at some point! Maybe we see each other again later down the line when I feel like I'm ready to return... Or when I feel masochistic enough hah hah!

Until then. Happy writing and I wish all the best for you! :heart:

- MatchaMochi

Back
Top Bottom