Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

NBx Any Arkham '89 (Retro/Lovecraftian Horror/Collaborative Worldbuilding)

ALewdGhost

Naughty Spoop
Ct59f2sm_o.jpg

The Oldest and Strongest Emotion of Mankind....
Introduction
Hello there, you fine folks!
Now, this thread is a bit different to my usual, vague ramblings, since this time I'm going more with a setting, roughly based on the work of Lovecraft, bundled, organized and adjusted a bit to my own preferences...And also populated with some characters!

Obviously, a lot of the setting, as well as the roster of characters are still rather vague, but I hope we can flesh out some details over the course of a roleplay! As should be apparent, the setting is mostly based on something involving a bit of lovecraftian horror, and a charming late-80s retro aesthetic, but I wouldn't be opposed to something more slice-of-life or more modern as well (it can't be all madness and tentacles all the time, right?) or to drawing some inspiration from other flavours of horror.
Now, I'm aware, that there is quite a bit to read here, but I hope it made it somewhat easy to digest and in most cases, just skimming it should suffice for a start!
Also there are still a lot of (intentional) blank spaces left and very little is written in stone, so don't hesitate to suggest additions, changes or corrections. This is a collaborative venture after all!

Now, before we get to the meaty bits, maybe some information about me as a writer:

• I've been roleplaying on and off for...quite a while (I prefer not to think about how long, since that reminds me how close to 30 I'm getting...)
  • I'm generally comfortable to play a wide variety of characters in terms of gender, sexual orientation and background (As proven by this thread, I guess)
    • On that note: I do not care about your IRL gender and would very much prefer a partner who shares that sentiment
  • As for post-length, I generally aim for 400-600-ish words at least, though I can go above that as well.
  • On a related note: My post-frequency is slow and sometimes a bit erratic. Life is busy, muses are fickle and mental health is a bitch sometimes.
  • In terms of kinks, I'm open to quite a lot, so it's probably easier to just list my hard No's: Scat, Pregnancy (although I'm slowly warming up to the idea, though not as the main point of a story), Vore (again, as a kink)

That should cover the bases, if you have any additional questions, feel free to ask! I'm a quite approachable ghost!

Edit Note: To de-clutter the thread a little, I opted to put the snippets of world-building, as well as some character-ides I had in their own respective threads, linked below:
    Character-Repository
    Worldbuilding-Thread
So, without further ado: Welcome to Miskatonic County!
Final Words
Sooo....After this lengthy, convoluted and maybe a bit over-stylized introduction, what now?​

Now, obviously I'm looking for some stories set in Miskatonic County, ideally involving some of the characters listed above. Now if the idea of a story set in Arkham (and surroundings) in the late 80s (or the modern day, I'm open in that regard) sounds like something you'd be interested in, I'd be more than happy to hear from you!

Now, to make the process of plotting go a bit more smoothly, here are a few questions to ponder:
  • Which town interests you the most?: The bustling city of Arkham? The run-down port of Innsmouth? The idyllic coastal hamlet of Kingsport? Or the desolate village of Dunwich?
  • Horror? And if yes, which kind?: As stated above, I'd be down for something more slice-of-life-ish, if it really catches my fancy, but if you'd like to involve some horror-elements, which flavour of horror do you prefer?
  • Any themes you're particularly interested in?: As well as those you'd like to explicitely avoid
  • Any kinks you'd particularly interested in including?: As well as your limits
  • Any characters, that caught your fancy?: Since I don't mind stories, that involve multiple main-ish characters, feel free to mix and match!
  • Any character-ideas of your own?: Or any other ideas you'd like to add to the setting!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom