Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A New Day (Draven & Candria)

draven

Planetoid
Azel woke that morning inside of his small room inside of the keep he had been with the royal family for a couple of years now working his way to being third in command of the guards inside of the castle. He rubbed his head lightly seeing that he had drunk a little too much with his guards on their night off. He stood almost six feet tall, and had a soft look to him though a large scar was along his cheek. His hair was a wavy jet black with dark brown eyes. Slowly he rose and got ready putting on his attire for the day a mix of armor, and tunics showing the kingdoms colors. He then headed out to the courtyard to find the days latest happenings before preparing the newest roster for the guards leaving his room to be cleaned and kept up by some of the few remaining maids.

There wasnâ??t much going on within of the kingdom lately since it was still recovering from the last war they had been in. They had won but it had taken a large toll as a whole having lost many people to it, a lot of the people were still coming back into it. It was then he found out that the family had ordered and gotten a lot of new servants to tend to the familyâ??s needs either it being cooks, and maids all the way to keepers for the horses and gardens that were they kept. Late in the day he decided to head back to his room to relax before tending to some of the nightly matters, and relaxing with some of the others in the servants barracks.

Charlotte was sure that the people who lived in the castle would be kind to her. After all, they were the rulers of the country. They were the people who made sure the peasants and lived a good life. Despite the losses in the war, she had faith that the king and queen would bring things back to the pleasant way of life that had existed before. After all, it was what was fair and just. The maid would do all she could to make the lives of the royals easier since they were working so hard for the people below them.

She had just started that day and had been assigned quite a bit of tasks. It was early evening when she finally made her way to the head of the guard's room. Charlotte was an attractive young lady. Though she had a slender frame, her curves and pleasant face made up for it. Her firm breasts were just the right size for a woman with her build. It was for this reason the blue-eyed girl had been delayed quite so often. Servants, passing knights, visitors, all seemed to enjoy her company a bit too much. It was, however, her duty to be polite and friendly to them all, and so some time was spent with each. With a sigh, the redhead stepped into the room and looked around.

She took the clothing that was on the floor and put it into a basket to be washed. She tidied the bed and smoothed out the sheets, laying out the fresh night clothes that she'd been ordered to lay out. She was just finishing stoking a nice, cheery fire when she heard foot steps. It was best that she hurried. The floor was clean, and so all that was left was to quickly dust a few things. She started with the posts that held his canopy as they were the most difficult to clean. Hopefully she wouldn't interrupt the captain of the guards for too long. The woman pushed some of her crimson locks behind her ear before setting onto another post.

He was tired for some reason after tending to the matter's he sighed lightly hearing the sounds of his armor and his sheathed blade along his side. The servants were already starting to tend to firing the torches that lined the hallways since the sun was already setting that day just light rays passed through the windows and openings. He had already heard from some of his men that the newest servants were already working, it seemed that this group didn't need time to adjust being inside of the Keep, nor being back inside of their kingdom. His thoughts passed from daily matters, to having some drinks and talk with some of the people he knew. In coming to his room he saw a light passing from under the crack. He smiled some seeing that at least they had gotten to his room that day, the royal family came first but it was one of the few perks he did like since he had moved up in the rank.

His hand opened the door to his room, and then saw the young maid working on the posts of his canopy. She looked young and very lovely it shocked him some that one like her would be a maid instead of being with a husband it. "You don't have to clean those, like I have told the other maids before." his voice was strong but had a tone not to scold her, his hand waved her her lightly for her to stop. His eyes looked at her for a moment, seeing the redheaded girl he eyed her features for a moment and then turned away from her.

He walked over to his mantle seeing that she had the fire already going he warmed his hands some. "I haven't seen you here before I'm guessing your one of the newest servants?" he paused for a moment, "Is this your last room for the night? It's getting late and most of the maids are already in their barracks" he added. His hands unhooked his blade and set it on the holder looking at the etching for a moment, he turned back around again looking at the room seeing that she had done a fine job more than he wanted. After a moment he stepped over seeing that she had done his bed, and done it well. "Seems that you know what your doing" He smiled some and ruffled his hair for a moment, before moving to a table and pouring some wine enjoying the warm taste of it. He then offered her a drink, his eyes looking at her blue eyes seeing the that she had a nice appeal to her.

Charlotte jumped a little as he entered, not having expected him to speak to her. "I'm sorry, m'lord. I wasn't told," she said tucking the robe into her white apron. It stood out in contrast with her black, short sleeved shift. She was nowhere near as refined as a noble woman, but she was still quite pretty. She blushed a bit under his stare and turned away from him to get her basket. As she picked it up, she heard his question and smiled softly. "Aye, sir. I am one of the newer servants to this place. I was sent here by my lady Sophia when she died. Her majesty took pity on me and let me serve here because of my good record."

She smiled and nodded at his complement. "Thank you m'lord. I try to do my best in all that I do. I hope everything is to your liking. This was my last room today, but I'll try to get to it sooner tomorrow. I apologize for intruding on your time." At his offer for a drink she shook her head, that friendly smile still on her face. "I really shouldn't, sir. But I thank you for thinking so highly of me." That said, she curtsied and turned to leave him to his own devices.

Azel looked back at her hearing her words, and he shook his head some her rose cheeks showed easily with her skin tone. â??Please donâ??t call me that, either Azel, or Captain. Save that for the royal family when you see themâ? He sipped his goblet lightly again, before setting it down. He admired this newest servant though she wore the clothing of a maid, it seemed like her beauty went right over it. â??Ah yes, I remember hearing about her passing the family was saddened on this news of itâ? His eyes met herâ??s once more seeing that she was worried about intruding on his time. He chuckled some at her comment, â??My dear a lot of times I never have enough â??timeâ?? to work with. Also, about being here earlier tomorrow remember the family comes first and then the restâ? He wanted her to understand that point, thatâ??s why he and her were there to work for the Kingdom, and the family.

He found it interesting that she didnâ??t wish to have a drink with him most of the time the others did for a couple of moments of piece before either finishing up their work or heading off to their barracks. â??Well, anytime you wish to have one with me, I would enjoy some company for a couple of moments. Maybe I shall see you again later, some of the guards and others enjoy drinking and mingling before calling it a nightâ? He gave her a light smile, as she gave him a curtsy he titled his head lightly at her letting her leave the room and finish what she needed so that she could be done for the night. He figured of having something in the kitchen before heading over to the other quarters for some drink and music before turning in for the night.

Charlotte smiled at him softly before leaving the room. His room had been warm, but the air was chilly now. Perhaps she should have taken the chance to drink with him. With a shrug, she headed toward the laundry vats, her basket waiting to be washed until tomorrow morning. She'd have to spend less time chatting with strangers tomorrow. Really, Charlotte ought to have known to be more efficient. With a shrug, she made a mental note to not call the Captain, "m'lord" or "sir" in the future, opting for his title or his name. Azel....what a fine name it was. She smiled and headed to the kitchen for a quick meal of stew the servants had made that day and a chunk of bread. Then, it would be off to bed for her. After all, she needed her rest if she was to keep up her service.

Still, for some reason, she couldn't help but let her thoughts drift back to the captain of the guard. Something about him was stuck in her memory and she just couldn't forget him.

Azel relaxed for a time inside of his room he then changed into some lighter clothing getting rid of his armor, he was always happy when he did so it was removing a veil and a heavy one at that. But he would have to meet up with her again her beauty afar and close was striking. Finally he made his way towards the kitchen feeling the growl coming from his stomach, he remembered he didnâ??t have time that day to eat because of the influx of new people that came in. He saw the flickers still inside of the kitchen seeing that the cooks were still there and he could grab something. A couple of them saw him come inside and they started joking and talking about them being so late there that night having a order from the Queen for a late night snack.

Azel then went over the large potâ??s picking out some things from the dinner, and taking a seat with a drink in hand. He did enjoy sitting down here with them it reminded him of were he came from and his family. He was pleasantly surprised when he looked in another part of the kitchen and he saw Charlotte again sitting alone he gave her a smile, and offered for her to sit over with him.

Charlotte was pleasantly surprised when he offered her a seat next to him. Glad for a bit of company. "Hello si--good evening captain," she corrected herself. She was careful to not repeat her mistakes. "Having a bit of a late supper, are you?" she asked, breaking a piece of her bread off and popping it into her mouth. "I imagine it must be nice after a long day, yes?" Her smile seemed to fill the kitchen with extra light, the servants that were still there catching her good mood. She took a spoonful of her stew and waited for him to say anything at all.

Azel sat there taking in her for a moment before pouring himself a mug of wine, and offered her some. He chuckled some when she corrected herself. "That's better". His dark eyes looked over her crimson hair as it went around her, and over her face for a moment before taking in some of the food. He nodded at her question, after finishing. "It is nice to have a meal after a day like this, I just hope it's not like this tomorrow also" He added, he then took a sip of the wine. Looking around the room he always eat here never wanting to eat with the family though it was his right now. "So what do you think of the Keep, and the grounds?" he asked her. He was a little surprised she hadn't headed to her barracks, since the maids, and the cooks worked a lot of hours. He didn't mind her company at all though with her lovely face, and frame around her. "Have you already met some of them thus far?" He wasn't sure what part of the cleaning she had been put to since she had just came to the keep though, she had noted of some experience.

"The keep is much grander than my old home. More cleaning must be done to keep it that way. To be honest, captain, I was delayed in my duties by many strangers today who wished to talk to me. Otherwise, I would have made it to you sooner. I haven't seen much of the grounds yet, but I've heard they're quite lovely." she smiled and took more of her stew and bread, enjoying how full she felt after. "It's been a long first day, but everything's turning out quite well. I hope that your days are easier in the future. Thank you for working so hard," Charlotte smiled.

Back
Top Bottom