Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

/A Change in the Stars of Fate/-Me and sjdude-

TheDarkerMe

Supernova
It had been so long, she had been standing here upon the sands watching that golden egg for so long. She had been called upon to be a candidate for the Golden Queen egg that had been clutched by Ramoth. So far all but six eggs of the over thirty egg clutch had hatched. Dragons where milling about, was that a girl or two she saw impressing to a green? Yes... two girls from her group had been grabbed by a green. It was amazing to see that was possible.

Nyx watched the procession of the hatching with a eye on the remaining eggs and then on the Golden Egg which had been shaking the whole hatching. The girl was clad in simple garb. The white robe and the sandals of her candidate status. Her head tilted back as she proudly waited, the voices where mostly shut off right now, which was mostly why she wasn't in any pain. Dragon Voices, unless she put up her 'shields', hurt her mind. She wasn't what you expect as someone picked to be a candidate.

She was a little on the smaller side, more so then Lessa had been when she was brought to this very weyr. The female was about eighteen turns at the moment, and stood at a slightly Five Three, which made her short... especially short by pernese standards. When the common height for a female was 5'7'' or more. She wasn't much to look at first either, with a slim frame that looked like she wouldn't be a very well built woman for a few more turns.

She had a figure beneath the billowing robes, but it was something she rather hid. She had been a CotHold Lords daughter. Her father had run a Cothold near the sea, and she had been used to wearing more masculine clothing to hide the fact that she wasn't a boy. Which tied into the way her hair was cut. Choppy and to her shoulders, it framed features that where too feminine to be a male anyways. She was pretty, very pretty. Her hair was the color of bleached bone though, and her eyes where dark like the obsidian found after volcanic activity.

Her attention was drawn as an egg split open, and out spilled a brown unto the sands. He ambled around, and as she watched two more greens impressed and a blue. It looked like everything was going over well. But there was an egg that troubled her. Off to the side and alone almost, it was barely shaking.

Jaxom had been sitting watching the ceremonies, observing the new dragonriders. The lord of Ruatha sat amongst the seats that the other lords and weyr inhabitants were in. He enjoyed going to the Impressions. It made reminisce of the odd circumstances that had brought him and Ruth to be bonded. He had spotted one of the pale eggs that resembled Ruth's. Dragonriders knew that sometimes eggs that didn't grow enough didn't hatch.

But sometimes they do, Ruth's voice echoed throughout his head. He sighed, reminding himself that sometimes the greatest and most unique things came out of unlikely and small eggs. But so far that small eggs had shown no sign at all of hatching, and so he decided to wait and see.

As time went on, more and more eggs started to hatch. And not only did those eggs hatch, but new riders left with those hatched dragons. It made him to feel proud to be Pernese, it did, and his back straightened a little bit, enough to make one of the viewers behind him shift a little in the crowded room.

Jaxom was a tall man, very much the product of his noble lineage. He stood at about six-foot one-inch. He had sharp features, those of his mother's, and the dark hair and eyes of his father. He dressed in fine clothes, nice but practical. He didn't like the finery of the other lords, and tended to dress more conservatively, rather than the greedy other lords and their more lavish appearances.

He leaned forward, watching as fewer eggs were left. Just the Queen's egg and a few more were left. A few girls from Ruatha were here, and he was silently hoping for both of them. One could have a little pride in their home, no? But no matter what, his eyes drifted to that little eggs, nearly in the shadows.

So tight, so tired... Help

Nyx's head shot up at the weak voice in her mind. Her head turned and twisted around as she tried to locate the voice. This one didn't HURT, it didn't hurt her. Didn't give her a bleeding nose, didnt' make her mind scream. Something was off about it. She turned her back on the Golden egg as she looked around for the location of the voice. She heard a great rending and a raising of a cheer as the golden egg hatched.

But Nyx didn't pay attention, she wandered from the group she was with. Stepping to the outer edges of it. The voice, it sounded so weak, so tired. She scanned the remaining five unhatched eggs. Two split open revealing a pair of blues. Three eggs left, and as she watched the two largest of the three remaining hatched into a brown and a green. Her eyes narrowed as her eyes fell upon the softly shaking egg.

Nyx-Mine, your Faith aches, she can't break free. It's too tight, so tired... Help please... please...

Impression, impression without seeing swirling dragon eyes. She gave a harsh cry of pain, as she heard the silenced hush. "FAITH!" She screamed. Bolting from the female candidates. She heard the sounds of impressions, and knew the golden queenling was still searching for hers. The cheer went up, as the gold impressed.

But Nyx didn't care. She collapsed near the small egg and started to shake as she grabbed up another egg shard from nearby. She could see cracklines in the shell, and used the egg shard to pry the cracks larger. What was within the egg, that it was so hard for her bonded to hatch? The egg shard she was using sliced open her palms, slicking the egg in red. When she crack was large enough she dove her fingers in and tried to pry.

Hands grabbed her tried to pull her back., slicing layers of skin from her fingers, adding more blood to the sands around her. "No... No... my Faith is in there, if you don't help she'll die..." She found the sob wracking through her. Ramoth was bellowing and screaming, and she didn't seem to care about anything else but freeing her dragon. Oh dear...

Jaxom watched as the chosen girl ran up and started to pull at the small egg. Well, there was something familiar. He knew he had done the same thing, but that had been as a last ditch attempt at saving the egg. He'd been acting on pure instinct. Then again, she had been chosen to be a candidate for a Queen rider, a position that required more than excellent instincts.

He watched as some of the riders restrained the girl. He sighed, thinking as he looked on the egg. It won't hatch. The thought was sorrow-filled, and one that he shamed himself for thinking. But it seemed like the dragon simply didn't have the strength to break free.

A tingle went through his spine as he felt something. Ruth had swept down through the openings in the Weyr cave's ceiling, the white dragon landing gracefully there. The dragon peeled away the last shells of the egg. Inside, much to everyone's surprise, was a White dragon, a small copy of the one standing above it. "Oh, star..." Jaxom murmured, rising from his seat as he ran down the steps onto the hot sand of the hatching ground.

With Ruth's help Faith had spilled unto the hatching sands. Her pale and tiny form panting for breath now. Covered in egg goo, she was still obviously a white. A delicate very feminine in look white. A rather pearlescent pink sheen passed over her. But when she lifted her head up there was a flash of gold, and bronze... and there was green blue and brown sheens. They seemed to change depending on the light. But overall she was a really white color, with a faint pink hint. She manged to stand up, and lumbered towards where Nyx was being restrained.

Nyx-mine... I'm so tired... I'm hungry... The little whites voice rang out now. Her head turned and she looked up at the larger white, the one that had helped her hatch. Thank you Ruth for assisting me form the shell... Her voice ranng out clear and very feminine.

Nyx collpased as the riders gasps where heard. The second white to hatch upon these sands. She felt the healers attending to her lacerated hands. it was a numb feeling that spread through her, as the joy coursed through her. "My Faith, my beautiful beautiful faith..." She whispered softly. She reached out when her hands where bandaged, and stroked her hand over the dragons eyeridge. The white was small and curled up in the females lap. People where speaking to her, but she didn't see anyone but the dragon.

She was given a bowl of blood and small bits of meat, which she slowly fed to Faith. The white female gladly ate the meat, and buried her muzzle int he bowl of fresh blood to guzzle it down. Tilting her head back she gave out a faint bugle, she was going to live. As weak and sickly as she looked, she would live. "HER NAME IS FAITH, and I am hers!" She called out. The silenced hush passed over the weyr as she slowly stood, cradling the very tiny dragon in her arms and walking off the sands.

Jaxom had hurried down to the crowd growing around the white. The Ruathan had a very deep interest now, and he pushed through the crowd, occasionally muttering. "Jaxom, coming through." He looked in awe at the little dragon. It seemed so familiar to him. As it should. Ruth's voice echoed through his head. After all, were we not like them some time ago? A smile played across his face as he remembered the exact same predicament. How interesting would this be...

It was three months later. The new trainees were due to come back soon from their training. Riders now went back in time to train before Thread could fall and disrupt them. They came forward, older by Turns but not even looking like it. Jaxom, despite being a rider, had not done such a thing. He was also a Lord of a hold, and he had other responsibilities.

Also, Ruth had proven to be too small to keep in any sort of real formation of dragons. He expressed no real interest in burning Thread, and he did not mind that much. While ever Pernese boy dreamed of flaming Thread, he did not entertain the notion now. But even still, with great pride he sat at the cliffs of the Weyr with Ruth at his side. He like every other Rider, awaited the return of the new trainees.

It seems like forever since we have been home... Faith's mind echoed in her own. She was on dragon back, they had returned for it was time to graduate. She had actually managed to pass with flying colors, she and Faith that is. People still questioned her, and watched her, wondered on the growth of her white. Faith was her constant companion, and no one really could understand exactly what the two of them thought.

No one but Ruth and Lord Jaxom... Faith echoed in her mind. They where in formation now, and they where taking off. Nyx knew that she and Faith always knew when and where they where. Her eyes closed as she imagined home, and made sure it was moments after they had left. Her eyes opened when the cold air of between left her. They where above the weyr! She gave a whoop of joy, from her position behind the gold of the clutch.

As they landed everyone was swarmed with family members, and admirers. Nyx realized, that no one was even bothering to approach her and Faith yet. Everyone was admiring Truanth the gold from the clutch. There are many secrets that I keep from them. Soon they will know the truth, and soon we will make it known what a White is fully capable of. Come now, go get ready for the feast... there is much fun to be had!

Nyx went to get ready for the feast, in the three turns she had been gone... her hair had grown. She looked like a girl now, and she even did her hair like a girl. She pinned her hair up and put on a dress. She looked like the lady she might have been, had she not impressed. She left her old barracks, and then came upon everyone at the Graduation Feast, all getting ready for the joy to come from the time sto come. It was awhile, before she heard Lessa's voice call her name. "Nyx and White Faith, come get your knots..."

Her heart flew from her throat as she went up to receive her knots, and the official saddle of a dragon rider. She turned then and sat down at a table, she was alone... but that was to be expected. Clarrisan the girl that had impressed Truanth was a beauty to behold...and was captivating everyones attentions.

Look Ruth, even now I am still slighter then you. Small, but not as small as when you first helped me from the shell. How have you been in the time of our not meeting? The white female asked as she landed next to the male and sidled up to him a little closer. Leaning in against him a little. Was she flirting? Why by golly the little white was!

Jaxom had been cursed with the one duty that he had absolutely no taste for; mingling. He had the task, as was befitting a Lord Holder, of mindling and conversing with the various entities in the Weyr and making boring conversation. It was a laborious duty and one he had never enjoyed. However, a life of political upbringing had taught him to listen and nod politely whenever it was appropriate.

He was able to escape most of the other lords and the other dragon riders, and contented himself with sitting with a cup of klah. It was peaceful, much more so than listening to people ramble about crops, mistresses, and cattle. He enjoyed the little solitude he could get, and the idea that he could get away form the politics was relieving.

But then he saw her; the girl, the one who had impressed the white. Faith, Ruth reminded him. He stood up from his side seat, heading over to the girl. And how did you remember that? Jaxom asked his dragon. She is speaking with me. At that, Jaxom had to snicker. It made sense he supposed. "Nyx," He said, thankful he could remember the girl's name. "Congratulations."

Faith gave the male white a sideways look. She seemed different then usual, her hide seemed to pulse with energy. Though most people ignored it, White's didn't rise or chase... White's didn't do those things. So why would Faith look like a female about to rise? Most people wouldn't thinks he would, but she knew she knew... She knew that there was something special happening soon. Knew that she and Ruth where not just normal fluke dragons. No they where special...

She sidled closer to the male and brushed against him, her tail sliding along his. Ruth, you and yours has been well, from what I take? Are you enjoying the festivities? She asked as she watched her rider. Nyx looked up shock crossing her features at the male speaking to HER. Not to the Gold rider... but to HER. She rubbed her hand on her skirts and felt her cheeks stain with color. "Emm... tha... thank you.." She said softly. She turned then as she noticed the faint sheen on her dragon.

"It's weird, she looks like one of the greens did before she rose... but whites don't rise... do they?" She commented lightly to the Male White rider.

Ruth furled his wings a little, a little shook up at the intimate contact Faith was making. We have been well. The festivities are enjoyable. So many dragons, so much excitement. The dragon would have been smiling had he had lips.

Meanwhile, Jaxom looked to Nyx, then to Faith and Ruth. "Why, yes she does," He thought that rather odd, considering that from what he had known of Ruth, he was as sterile as possibly could be. Or just at least uninterested. He crossed his arms, then looked to Nyx. "My name is Jaxom. I'm Ruth's rider. You know, the other white?"

He wondered if she did know about that. She probably should. He hated the rumors that floated around about Ruatha's Lord getting a dragon of his own, but he dismissed most of them as utter trifle. "As for her looking to rise...well, you're sure?"

Nyx shifted a little and shrugged her shoulder back. "Nice to meet you Lord Jaxom, I'm Nyx of Faith..." She said as she rose and sketched a bow for him. Her lips quirking in a smile as she braced her hands on her hips. "How can I not know of you? The whole time we where gone, Faith has spoken about meeting Ruth again. " She said in a cheerful tone as she looked towards Faith. It was then that the energy rushed through her, and she heard Lessa yelling at the other dragons.

Her head swam suddenly as all her shields fell, and the wave washed over her. Lust, pure unadulterated lust. All the children where being rushed away, and any other near rising females as well. Some reason Lessa was removing the queens as well... Probably a precaution? But why... who was rising... She shuddered faintly as her arms wrapped around her frame. Dark eyes widening as she heard the distinct bugle of ... Faith.

Faith swept away from Ruth, giving him a teasing tail trail. She gave a mental chuckle and then moved herself to the feeding grounds. Her bondeds mind ripping through her. She didn't know what to do really, but instincts screamed at her not to eat any of the meat. She wanted it badly, but another mind was forced on hers, Nyx's... No meat... Only blood, for a better flight. She tilted her head back and screamed out her challenge to the males. All of you who dare challenge me come! I rise!

With that she finished blooding her herdbeast and snagged one more. And then she snapped open her wings and leaned back on her haunches ready to fly. What could be expected of her flight?

"Oh Faranth... Jaxom..." Nyx groaned as she found her body slumping to the side. Flight rooms, flight room! She had to get there. "I'm sorry... I didn't know, I really didn't!"

Back
Top Bottom