Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fx Any Mystery, Adventure, & Fantasy

Rheya

Sugar, Spice, & Everything Nice 💕
Staff member
Hello, and welcome to my story-driven request thread. I'm looking for a strong writer who enjoys plotting, collaboration, and world building. I enjoy fantasy, sci-fi [fantasy], urban fantasy, folk horror, and adventure-based plots.

Story-DrivenMulti-ParaThreadFantasy ║ Closed

• I write in third-person only.
    My responses range from 3 paragraphs to a wall of text. I write what feels appropriate for the scene, and won't hold you to a word/paragraph count.
    I am only looking to play one female main character, but am happy to play side characters of any gender.
    I lean towards playing human or near-human looking characters.
    I enjoy writing stories.
    PST
  • Story-driven plots
    Collaboration – the best part of RP is collaborating with a partner. Bouncing ideas off one another has resulted in some of the best RP's I've had.
    Creativity - Let's push the limits of our writing together, BMR is a writing site after all.
    Romance
    Action
    OOC Communication – I enjoy brainstorming, gushing over our plot and characters, and general chatting.
    Enemy-to-lover romances (they don't need to be literal enemies, just at odds with one another.)
    Snarky banter
    World Building
    Complex Characters
    MC 21+, YC 25+ (Negotiable)
    Original Characters only
    Face claims (strong preference towards real life but I am open to drawn) and reference photos in general.
    All ethnic groups and skin colors welcome. (Not looking for raceplay, however)
    Your irl gender doesn't matter to me
  • Open-line of OOC communication, even if it's just to let each other know that we are too busy or drained to post.
    Original Characters only
    Third-person only
    Threads preferred
    On average, 3 or more paragraphs so I have something to respond to.
    That being said, quality over quantity.
    Post Frequency: I am really relaxed. Once a week, every other week, or even once a month is fine.
  • Urban Fantasy
    Fantasy
    Adventure
    Supernatural
    Folk Horror
    D&D
    Sci-fi (fantasy/magic elements must be included)
    Mystery, investigative, and problem-solving plots
    Happy to include a combat/roll mechanic for added unpredictability

◤Potential Pairings & Plots◢

The following plots are just suggestions and examples of the sort of stories I am interested in writing. Feel free to let me know if you have an idea that's of a similar grain. Even if it's not fully fleshed out, I'm more than happy to work out the details.

Plots: Sci-fi
Accidental Goddess
MC fought for YC's less technologically-advanced planet centuries ago. Aided with technology and abilities unseen on Ebrion, the planet she had been assigned to protect as its guardian, the inhabitants saw her as a goddess. During her toughest fight yet against the Tok to protect the planet, she won but that victory came at a price. Her systems failed kicking in safety protocols trapping her in stasis for 400 years. In her absence, an entire religion formed with her at the center of it as their goddess. Awakened when a salvage ship found hers, a confused Dranaris laid low taking on a different identity as she worked to determine exactly what had happened during the 400 years of her absence. I am expecting some plot concerning the fake religion that has formed with a priest who claims to communicate with the Goddess Dranaris and their enemy, the Tok. Who is YC? He/she/they could be a descendant of someone she was close with during her time as the planet's guardian. Someone high up in the government or military, and a follower of the Goddess.

Time Travel
MC is from the near future and sent back in time to protect your character as he/she/they plays a major part in the war to come.

Plots: Urban Fantasy
Supernatural Detectives
Our characters are partners (whether forced or voluntarily) that solve cases involving the supernatural. Demon or poltergeist haunting a house or school? Exorcism needed? Is an urban legend terrorizing a national park or the crazy cult at it again? The plot could involve smaller cases like these and/or a large overarching entity.
Alternatively, they could be private investigators or work for the a magic task force.

Guardian
MC is chosen to protect yours, who may or may not be aware of his abilities while supernatural forces vie for power. Alternatively, YC could be tasked with protecting mine if you prefer. Potential story lines could include acclimating YC to this new world and fighting off evil forces.

Plots: Fantasy
Old Gods Reawakening
It has been over a century since the horrors that slumber below the mountains and in the woods plagued the once bustling mining town of Burnsley. Its story and cautionary tale have since been reduced to nothing more than an old wives' tale after what was deemed a natural disaster reduced the old town and most residence to ash with only the old post office, schoolhouse, and church still standing. As the story goes, there was an earthquake in the mine that caused a plume of black dust to go spiraling through the tunnels. The miners caught in the dust returned covered in the icky soot, but weren't quite the same, each sharing a similar account of hearing several voices that sounded to be speaking in tongues. Over the next week, they began forming blisters over their bodies. Many went mad, becoming erratic and violent or disappearing into the mine or woods never to be seen or heard from again. The mine reopened after it was deemed safe by company inspectors, and things returned to normal for some time. This was just the beginning of Burnsley's horrors as when the next earthquake came, it caused a fissure to open near the town center. This is where the accounts passed down by the residents who were lucky enough to escape the disaster and the public press release written by the county of Polk differ. The residents say otherworldly creatures with no faces or eyes crawled out from the fissure, snatching the people and dragging them into the depths below. Those not dragged down were burned alive by the steam rising from below setting all but the three buildings aflame. After the disaster, the few families that returned said they could hear the voices of the deceased beckoning them into the woods. Overtime, the voices grew quieter, and the unofficial account was forgotten, but the families of Burnsley never dared venture into the dark woods at night.

The town has since grown and mine reopened. Voices and unnatural noises can be heard coming from the woods once more.

Our characters will be investigating the disturbances and strange sights of creatures in the woods. They do not necessarily have to start out as partners as one could have a connection to the town while the other is an officer investigating a disappearance. I've left this pretty open intentionally so we can incorporate whatever elements we would like into the story. Has the town pastor or cult made a deal with the entities that haunt the town? Is the land getting retribution against the corporation? Did the miners uncover a portal to the pits of hell?

Potential Pairings & Settings
MC on the right
✦ Mage x Mage
✦ Master x Apprentice (Past or Present)
✦ Adventurer x Adventurer
✦ Super x Super
✦ Detective x Detective

Settings:
Fantasy
D&D (Most familiar with 5e)
Supernatural (big fan of Appalachian lore)
Virtual reality - something akin to Sword Art Online
Modern or urban fantasy
Modern with Supers
Magic school setting (18+ characters only)
More plots to come. I am nothing if not constantly inspired.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom