Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

/Sleigh Bells Ring, are you listening/-Me and SubVoyage Fan-

TheDarkerMe

Supernova
Winter stood at the edge of the sidewalk, snow was falling heavily around her. In her hand was clutched tightly an envelope. It was the fourth such letter she would be sending this year. She had never sent more letters in her life, more letters to Santa Clause. She sighed as her head tilted back and she looked up at the snow. The letter within was similar to the other four she had sent. Simply written on crisp white paper, written with her calligraphy set.

Sleigh bells ring, are you listening,
in the lane, snow is glistening
A beautiful sight,
we're happy tonight,
walking in a winter wonderland.

She liked making her letters pretty, she figured it might make them stand out a little more to the Big Man. But so far, she was just nervous that they had actually made it there. She really hoped they had, she was really a true believer, for she knew it was true. Santa was real. The letter was put into the box, as she stepped away and put her hands in her pockets. She was clad in simple jeans, and a white sweater. Her hair was in a ponytail and brushed her mid back. Since the ponytail was at the mid part at the back of her head. She wiggled her nose for a moment as she pulled her hat down.

Gone away is the bluebird,
here to stay is a new bird
He sings a love song,
as we go along,

Her parents wouldn't be showing up till well after the new year. She walked back down the sidewalk towards the house which her parents owned, where she stayed. It was pretty high on the market, but that didn't seem to matter to the ice crafted girl. Ice crafted in the fact that she could easily fit in amongst the snow around her. Pale blond hair, and icy blue eyes. Pale skin that burned in certain lights. She pulled her key from her pocket and opened the houses door, closing it and then kicking off her boots. Maybe making some Hot Chocolate would be a good idea. Christmas was just two days away....

Gone away is the bluebird,
here to stay is a new bird
He sings a love song,
as we go along,

Damnit, Damnit Damnit! He couldn't believe he had fooled himself for that long! He had just been ready to take his Girlfriend of almost two years with him to his father. But the damn girl didn't believe in Santa. He couldn't do that to his family. Charlie sighed as he dragged his hands back through his hair. Blue eyes held his sorrow as he worried upon what he would do. More then that, he hurt because he had been lying to himself all along.

Later on, we'll conspire,
as we dream by the fire
To face unafraid,
the plans that we've made,

He dragged his hands through dirty blond hair again. Making the locks fall akilter around his appearance. He bit his lip and looked around his house. He had alluded himself, that he had loved her... when it was just the sex he had loved. He knew now that he had been wrong, but what could he do? Sure he would be going to Neil and his mother and sister... to his fathers. For Christmas wasn't Christmas unless you where with the Big Man himself.

In the meadow we can build a snowman,
and pretend that he's a circus clown
We'll have lots of fun with mister snowman,
until the other kids knock him down.

Charlie sighed as he got dressed, a bright red sweater and jeans. He grabbed his jacket and then strode out of the house quickly. He would walk to the coffee shop and get a nice cup. Maybe it would make his mood pick up, make him feel better? He was so worried, just tomorrow night and he would be at his fathers. More then that, he was worried about the message he had gotten from his mother. His sister was too old to be babysat, which meant... That the babysitter... Winter a friend of his... Would be even more alone these holiday seasons.

When it snows, ain't it thrilling,
Though your nose gets a chilling
We'll frolic and play, the Eskimo way,

Hopefully his father would have something to do for that problem. He smiled weakly as he shook his head and then looked up at the sky. All the snow around him, it was such a beautiful sight. His mind focused on moving ahead, as he stepped into the coffee shop and ordered his drink. Sitting down he waited for it to be ready.

Walking in a winter wonderland,

And up in the North Pole, a letter arrived on the magic of the Holidays. The female elf held it and stared at the snow designs on the envelope. The name made her heart leapt, the girl really was desperate to feel loved? She sighed as she held the letter to her chest and ran to the Arch Elf. He would know where the big man was, so many letters from one person? This was a really really desperate girl. "Bernard...Another letter from Winter!" She exclaimed faintly. Bernard would know what she meant, as she held out the letter and bowed down and left. Inside the envelope was this simple letter:

Dear Santa,

Another letter, another request. It's the same as before, since I know you can't change the way people act easily. I would love for a companion during the Christmas Season, I am tired of being alone. The gifts from family don't fill the emptiness I feel when I am alone at home. Even giving to the Woman and Children's shelter doesn't seem to help me much.

So please Santa, I am an adult now... at least by peoples standards. I am still a true believer, I beg you that I don't want to be alone during these seasons. A season when being alone causes such an ache... I've been good, I've done all I could to help others... I ask this simply in return...

Always a Believer,
Winter

Kristina, or Kris as she prefered to be called, Roberts was walking around the street. She was 5'8'' and had long blonde hair. Her blue eyes looked like the snow that had fallen on ice. She was wearing a white dress that blended in the falling snow. Her jaket was brown and her skirt was also white. She continued to walk up the street and passed a coffee shop.

Seeing that she was cold she looked through the window and spotted an empty seat in the far corner of the room. She entereed the shop and went to the counter and ordered a peppermint latte. After ordering it she looked around and saw Charlie in the distance. She walked over to him and blushed.

"Charlie," She paused and looked at him. "Why did we have to break up?" She paused. "I mean things were going good with me and you."

Meanwhile at the North Pole Bernard, the head elf, was getting ready for the bussy season. He was approximately 5'8'' and always had a cheerful smile on his face. He had green eyes and pointed ears. Currently he was wearing his hand stitched sweater. On the sweater was a picture of a sled and a reindeer, symbolizing the big man.

Loooking through the letters to Santa was always a huge task for him. Sure, he had the elves to help him, but other times he was by himself. Today he was by himself and started to read a letter. As he opened the front he saw that it was from an adult name Winter. Upon reading it he discovered she wanted someone for Christmas. It was then he thought of the perfect plan.

Charlie looked up as the female entered. He bit the inside of his cheek and shook his head a little. She asked him the question that he was dreading to hear. He really had liked her, had liked what they had done. But he really didn't love her, and he couldn't be in a relationship that didn't believe in his father. He smiled weakly as she spoke and then sighed. He looked her straight in the eyes, and tried to figure out how to properly gather his words.

"It's as simple as this hun... You don't believe in magic or anything to do with it. You don't believe in the things that make up my life." he said softly as he tilted his head back. "I can't be in a relationship with you, and have you meet my father. He lives his life on magic and myths... at least the existence of them. Bringing a non-believer into the midst on Christmas is a bad idea, really bad idea." he stated firmly as he heard his order called.

He got his drink and then came back, sitting down and sipping his drink.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Winter silently walked into the kitchen, a soft hum leaving her as she walked towards the stove. She started all the supplies she would need for her homemade hot chocolate. After that was set up she pulled out a lot of the supplies to make homemade cookies. She grinned softly to herself as she went about the process of making the dough by hand. She hummed softly as she cocked her head to the side. Her hands working in the sticky mixture as she kneaded the dough.

The dough was kneaded and she rolled it out. Once rolled out she cut out the cookie shapes with the cutters she had since she was much younger then this. The ones she had gotten the very same Christmas her belief was cemented. She sighed softly to herself though, as the emptiness echoed around her. A lonely Christmas, another lonely Christmas.

Kristina was upset that Charlie was about to dump her. So upset that she sighed softly wondering why the relationship had ended. It was sad she knew but she wanted to make sure she didn't make the same mistake with another man. Sighing she turned to leave the shop then heard Charlie explain that it was because she hated Christmas.

She had once loved Christmas but at age 12 something had happened. Something she would never forget. On that particular Christmas Eve she walked downstairs in the middle of the night and saw her parrents putting gifts under the trees. She went to her room and went down an hour later to see a strange man in a red shirt. Looking at this man she was about to call the police.

Now she returned her thoughts to the present and wondered if she would ever true love. As she started walking away she saw a girl looking outside the window. She walked out the shop and looked at the girl.
"Excuse me madame." She replied and blushed. "See that gentlemen over there?" She paused and pointed at Charlie. "He is sad and upset that I broke up with him." She paused. "If you could get him one Christmas present, go out with him." She replied.
Jane Morgan was walking through the streets of the little village where they lived. She was approximately 5'9'' and skinny for her eyes. She had green eyes that looked like a pine tree and yellow hair. As she walked through the quaint streets she started to shiver and put on a silver coat on her pink dress. Sighing as she was by herself she walked down the street and ran into a strange girl.

As she looked at the strange girl she paused and wondered why she would start talking to a stranger. Things got even weirder she thought when she pointed to Charlie and announced he was single. Why would she do this? After all I just ran into her she thought again. Sighing she walked into the coffee shop and approached Charlie.
"Hello sir." She paused and looked at him. "Do you mind if I sit here with you?" She replied and waited for his response.
Reading the letter another time Bernard sighed softly and looked around the room. He was currently in the reading room watching the letters come in through the pipes of air. Suddenly, he thought of an idea. He would personally respond to her letter. But before he could do that he had to see Santa.

Leaving the room he walked down the hallway and made a left and soon arrived at Santa's room. Once there he knocked on the door and two elves wearing red and green announced his presence to Santa. Upon gaining permission Bernard walked into the room and saw that Santa was sitting in an oak desk. Standing next to Santa, was Curtis.
"Sir." Bernard replied and waited to see what would happen.

Back
Top Bottom