Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Thirst Unending Nkaar and Nera

Nera9948

Star
Name: Veronica Harper
Wearing: Black Dress
Date/Time: 11 pm on November 1, 2022
Location: The streets of Apocaleptika. (Formerly Los Angeles)
Tagging: Lucy
Content: F/F
OOC Notes:

It was annoying being Veronica Harper. She was a powerful vampire able to wield abilties beyond imagination, but only under the condition that she fuel her magics with demon blood.

It was a curse that had been placed upon her vampiric bloodline. Veronica and every vampire she ever created would essentially be immortal but powerless if they did not satiate their hunger with the blood of demons. It was a punishment for killing the daughter of the Demon King Ramiel, and it would change her life forever.

Since the curse was levied against her, Veronica had been only able to remain alive, a feat in and of itself given her age of over a thousand years, but that was it. She was as strong and as fast as any mortal without the the demon blood.

Without the demon blood, Veronica's powers were closed to her, including the ability to feed her lust with sex instead of blood, if demon blood had not been in her system for less than a lunar month, Veronica was little more than human. But with the blood of Demons she was basically a Dark Goddess of the night, able to identify the abilities of those whose blood touched her lips, the ability to temporarily copy such powers as her own, the abilty to summon and control the element of fire, purchased with a price upon feasting on Demon blood for the first time, and the ability to control and summon lesser undead spawns. This trapped her in a cycle of hunting demons that she wanted to forever end.

The key to ending this cycle Veronica was currently trapped within lay in the assistance of the Enigma Lucy Hsiao. Lucy was a woman that did not fully know the power she possessed, but for a price Veronica would teach her, and would broker a deal that would lead to Veronicas breaking free of the curse which had been levied on her by the Demon King Ramiel so long ago.

Veronica did not know exactly how to approach Lucy with her proposal, so finally decided that the direct approach was best, and so she made her way through the Dark Night, approaching a little bar that she had heard the other woman frequented. She was not certain if the other woman knew she was trailing her or not, but she would soon find out as she walked into the bar, and towards the back of it just watching her for a few minutes, while she thought up exactly what she meant to say.

Name: Lucy Hsiao
Wearing: Blue Dress
Tagging: Veronica
OOC Notes:

Tonight was going to be a sort of celebration for Lucy. Her newfound power of perceiving the true nature of supernaturals on sight was making Lucy very happy. This latest addition to her arsenal had made her nigh invincible. Or so it seemed to her as she casually strode in to her favorite bar. The intention was to scout her favorite haunts, places where she dropped her guard and was still vulnerable to surprise attack. Although no supernaturals were ever going to be able to surprise her now.

The bar itself was an upscale place. Not a seedy working class pick-up joint, but a more refined pick-up place for the up and coming citizens of Apocaleptika. Or at least those believing themselves to be up and coming.

Just random sweeps over the streets with her True Sight revealed there more supernaturals in the general population than Lucy expected. There was a good chance one or two of them frequent this same bar. Though the really interesting and powerful ones were probably to be found in the haunts of rich and powerful mortals. 'If there even were any rich and powerful mortals', Lucy lamented. The realization that she had not actually won the genetic lottery still stung over a year later.

But she does not dwell. The here and now are the important things. It has been some time since Lucy last had sex. And since she was checking the place out for supernaturals, why not also check for a lucky guy or lady whose bed could use some decorating?

It never got to that. Although the bar was comfortably clean at the outset, it did not stay that way. A supernatural walked in. Vampire, Lucy's True Sight said. And that wasn't all; The vampire apparently had eyes for her as well. Lucy pretended to scan the room a few times and caught the vampire looking at her every time.

This was not good. Since this was a completely new face, there were only two explanations. Either the bloodsucker was out looking for new hunting grounds and Lucy just happened to catch her eye... Or this was a case of the hunter being hunted. The strange thing was, both possibilities excited her more than scared her. The thought of those long, delicate fangs sinking into her carotid with a thirst for her blood left her with a slight flush to her cheeks and a strange glow in her eyes.

But she was not about to risk death just for a passing thrill. She did a quick mental inventory of the weapons at hand. Poisons weren't effective against vampires, so the only thing that would be of use was a long silver needle disguised as a hairpin. All of the bigger stuff was in her car or apartment. Retreat for now, deal with the would be assassin later seemed like the better course of action. Without much fanfare, Lucy simply got up off her seat and headed towards the bathroom. Once in the hall leading to it, she gave two quick glances up and down and began activating her invisibility power.

OOC Notes:

Veronica started to follow Lucy, a little behind her, stopping once she had reached the end of the hall. The only place she could have gone was the bathroom. Veronica stepped into the bathroom, and looked around in confusion when she saw that the woman had disappeared. She either had invisibility or she had the ability to portal or teleport away or something of that nature.

Veronica moved inside one of the stalls, sitting on the toilet seat, and pulled out her phone, purposely making a phone call to her contact, who was someone that had been screwed over by Lucy and had given her information about her for revenge.

"All right, Amanda, you did not tell me she could disappear. You told me you told me everything about Lucy, but you missed telling me this fact. Hey you told me she stole your power of telepathy, not your power of invisibility. Well I suppose I could have misheard you. Or maybe I heard you right and you just lied to me. Or were setting me up? I am not happy with you right now and Im going to kick your ass for this."

With that Veronica hung up the phone, waiting there for a few minutes, and on the off chance the woman was there but invisible, she spoke out to the air. "Fucking Demon Blood is barely worth all this trouble."

OOC Notes:

The vampire did follow, confirming that she was indeed eyeing her. Walking on tiptoes to prevent the heel clicks from revealing her presence, Lucy now entered hunter mode. It was now her following the vampire to the bathroom, looking for her intentions and weaknesses.

The vampire was exuding clear frustration due to losing her quarry. Lucy couldn't help a mischievous smile at her simple ruse working. Seeing her going into the stall, she figured it wasn't to use it for its intended purpose. So she put her ear to the door and listened. The faint sound of the phone key dialing confirmed that suspicion of hers. And the conversation confirmed all her other suspicions as well.

Amanda and the stolen power of telepathy? Well, that answered the question of how the vampire got on her trail. Pretty careless just giving away her source of information like that. Although, it was also careless of Lucy to leave that source alive to begin with. In light of the current situation, that might need some reconsideration.

The other woman was correct about which power Lucy used to get away... And just a moment later, Lucy realized that this might not have been careless at all. Perhaps it was deliberate, putting out bait for a trap she was planning. Did it work? No, not yet. There was still the possibility of escape through the bathroom door, although that would betray her presence.

Just as a precaution, Lucy took her shoes off. The floor in the bathroom might not be the most sanitary place for going barefoot, but it was better than the heels accidentally giving her away or being an impediment to fighting and running. And a good dose of disinfectant should get rid of any germs she steps on. While she did so, the vampire spoke again. Demon blood? That was confusing. What did demon blood have to do with the vampire hunting her? Was it supposed to be payment for her death? Was this vampire an assassin? And it wasn't spoken into the phone either.

If the trap was meant to be piquing Lucy's curiosity, it worked. She was still standing outside the stall, listening and waiting to see what happens next.

OOC Notes:

Veronica did not know whether Lucy was still there, but given the bathroom was still empty, and she might be, she decided to be cautious but to continue on her way.

"All right, I suppose I need to head home. Figure out another game plan. And beat the hell out of Amanda for fucking this plan up for me."

With that Veronica started to head out of the bathroom, and began walking towards her apartment. She was aware that the woman she was hunting might follow her, but she also knew she might not be there, and she might be walking alone, and talking to herself as she spoke again as she neared her apartment. "Lucy if you happen to be following me. You can show yourself.' She paused waited a moment and said. "Well no luck it seems." And she prepared to unlock the door.

OOC Notes:

While following the vampire to what appeared to be her own residence, or at least one of them, Lucy had time to think. This woman knew Lucy was there, and gave up her contact on purpose. From what she said out loud, there was something personal in it for her, but unclear what. Of course, this may well have been a ruse. But leading a hunter to what is certainly going to be her daytime refuge, given the time of day? That could be nothing else but a show of good faith.

Yet she offered no safe way of communication, like saying her phone number out loud. Perhaps Lucy had simply overestimated this woman?

Finally, Lucy decided the lure of potential rewards outweigh the risks. Just before Veronica went inside her apartment, she broke the silence.

"You should have started with a phone number."

Once she had her attention, Lucy gave Veronica her own number.

"091 562 8913. Call in one hour."

And with that, she immediately switched positions in case Veronica tried to locate her by sound. Not waiting to see Veronica's reaction, Lucy made her way out of the building and into the street. A block away, she dropped her invisibility once out of sight by passerby.

All that was left to do now was wait.

Repo

Re: Apocaleptika: Thirst Unending: Esoterica and Nkaar

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2022, 02:20:54 pm »

OOC Notes:

Veronica was irritated by this point. She had not thought of dropping her phone number, she might have saved time by doing just that. If hindsight were foresight after all.

The vampire waited the hour that she was told to, and dialed the number of the Enigma. "All right Lucy. I want to talk to you. Obviously, or I would not have tried to do so in the bar. I get it though, you want to be cautious. We need to be in this day and age. I do not mean you any harm, however you should know Amanda betrayed you to me. If you expected loyalty from her, you made a judgement in error."

The rest of this post was continued between Nkaar and soterica on Discord and is copied her for convenience and continuity sake.

She hadn't expected any loyalty from Amanda. More like she expected her not to attempt vengeance. "Well, if you know my name, you know what I am. And you being a vampire, I doubt you were looking to congratulate me on a job well done."
[3:36 PM]Esoterica: "Um, no... Veronica said in reply. She took a deep breath and said. "I have a proposition for you. Something you just might like. I am not sure exactly where to begin with it. But you like power I have been told, right?"
[3:39 PM]Kikac: "That's not really an incorrect statement. Though I am also aware power does not come for free. And some costs may be hidden."
[3:40 PM]Esoterica: Veronica would have nodded in reply, if she had been there, but instead since she was on the phone, took in a deep breath that would have made clear it was so. "Yes, there is something I want in return. Your blood. In return I would teach you everything I know and would help you acquire even more power."
[3:41 PM]Esoterica: "You do not even need to be fed from in the traditional sense if you do not wish it or trust in me."
[3:43 PM]Kikac: "My blood?" That was a surprise. What was it special about her? Lucy wanted to know now. "Well, there's ways to improve trust. Like for instance, you haven't even given me your name yet... Vampire."
[3:46 PM]Esoterica: "Oh yes, where are my manners." The vampire said in reply. "Veronica, Veronica Harper. And yes I am a vampire, and have been for centuries. Anything else you wish to know about me? Or why I want your help?"
[3:51 PM]Kikac: Either this Veronica was the world's most incompetent assassin, or she was just bad at interpersonal communication. Either way, not a worry. "Well yes. I can imagine the blood of a hunter might be a symbolic thing, as in a trophy of sorts. Though if that was what you wanted, you wouldn't have simply asked me for it. Lack of chase makes it a poor trophy." Lucy quickly added to cover up her own musings. "Or so I'd imagine."
[3:52 PM]Esoterica: "No. It is not any symbolic trophy. It isnt even an actual trophy. It is, an ingredient I need in fueling my magics." Veronica explained, though she did sound reluctant in explaining why.
[3:53 PM]Kikac: "Magics? Any in particular?"
[3:53 PM]Esoterica: "All of them." Veronica said in reply. "Everything except my immortality."
[3:58 PM]Kikac: Now this was interesting. "I never heard of such power. And I have heard of a quite a few of them." This was an outright lie. Lucy was not that experienced, and a power that needed a hunter's blood did sound pretty exotic. She just didn't want to present a weak hand.
[3:59 PM]Esoterica: "It's not exactly a power. It is a curse." Veronica explained. "Recently I killed a Demon King's daughter. He got pissed off, and levied a powerful curse against me."
[4:00 PM]Esoterica: "Any power I ever wish to use ever again must be fueled by a type of blood."
[4:04 PM]Kikac: Recalled the off the cuff comment Veronica made in the bathroom. "Demon blood. That's what you're after isn't it?" Though if it was, it was a strange curse. The punishment for killing his daughter was a compulsion to kill more demons? Didn't quite make sense.
[4:07 PM]Esoterica: "Yes..." Veronica confirmed. "I found out through Amanda that you have some demon blood. I would rather not give too much away by letting you know how it was found out, but I will tell you that I know it to be so."
[4:18 PM]Kikac: "Me? Demon blood?" No. That had to be a mistake. Both of Lucy's parents were human as far as... She resisted chuckling into the phone when she thought she realized what happened. Amanda set them both up. Lucy mulled telling Veronica the truth as she saw it, but thought better of it. As it stood, the advantage was hers. "And some demon blood will work? Doesn't need to be from a pureblooded demon?" Veronica would be bound to fulfil her part of the bargain just by Lucy giving her blood. If it didn't give her what she needed, tough shit. At the very least, Lucy will have some fun.
[4:20 PM]Esoterica: "Pure Demon Blood is best. But hybrid Demon Blood will do for a very short time." Veronica sighed. "I have some powers that will make procuring more power easier for you. Including the ability to tell what powers someone has, and the ability to copy them for a short time."
[4:23 PM]Kikac: "Those do sound interesting..." Lucy absolutely wanted those two. Still she played hard to get. "Let me think about it and get back to you."
[4:23 PM]Esoterica: "Well think fast." Veronica said, choosing to bluff a little. "I do have other prospects out there after all."
[4:27 PM]Kikac: "Good to know. I'd hate to leave you hanging." Veronica wasn't going to get a fold by counterbluffing. "I will save your number into my contacts. And not to worry, I assure you I think fast."
[4:28 PM]Esoterica: "Well call me then." Veronica replied. She wished she had an answer right now, but at least she had her considering, and Veronica could always hunt her for it if she had to.
Wearing: Pink shirt and teal skirt with frills
Date/Time: 6 pm on November 2, 2022
OOC Notes:

It was not really that long of a thought process. In all likelihood, Veronica was telling the truth. There were far better traps she and Amanda could lay for her than this convoluted mess. That didn't make it safe, of course. Lucy expected Veronica to be quite pissed when she found out about Amanda's deception. To that end, she prepared some better anti-vampire weapons than she had last night. While hoping that she would not need to use them.

Lucy made several logical justifications for why she was going through with this. Potential for more leads, getting back at Amanda... But those weren't the real reason. She secretly expected Veronica to want to turn the feeding more sensual than she let on. And was quite looking forward to it.

As the sun began to set, there was a ring on Veronica's door. Lucy was standing outside of it, wearing an outfit that left her neck suggestively exposed. "Good evening Veronica. I thought it appropriate for us to finally meet face to face." She extended her hand to Veronica. "Lucy Hsiao. Though you probably know that already."

Back
Top Bottom