Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mx Male ðŸŒˆ Gimme Some Gay Romance! 🌈

Hey, Phlox here. Not putting a ton of effort into the formalities here.

• Don't post here, pm me please!
  • I prefer Discord and Google Docs for discussion and rp.
  • I am a novelist at heart. 3 paragraph minimum, keep the plot moving, and expect lots and lots of plotting and hammering things out. I love that! It keeps me engaged and excited about what we're working on!
  • I can write top, bottom, and everything in between if the plot/character interests me.
  • I have medical problems. Which means I tend to have a lot of availability but some months are swamped with appointments, sometimes I'm too sick to look at a computer, sometimes I'm in too much of a mental funk to be much use. Also cognitive issues. My brain is broken. I have the dumb in the weirdest ways. Doesn't effect rp but you might notice it from time to time as you get to know me.
  • Communication -- Everyone loves it. Sometimes I fail but I'm trying to do better. Sorry if I dropped the ball in the past.
  • 3rd person please!
Hard NOs:
  • Pedophilia
  • Necrophilia
  • Fecal/Urine stuff
  • Adult Babies
  • Vore
  • Gapping
  • Incest
The rest I guess is up for discussion or I forgot something. Maybes, likes and loves really depend on the character.

I LOVE...
  • Fairytales
  • Fantasy
  • Sci-Fi
  • Horror

Last edited:
I am craving some ABO. And I have ideas...

Omega (MC) met Alpha (YC) as children, showing signs of/playing at bonding young. They became inseparable during their college years and likely had plans of bonding after graduation. Then the Omega's parent was hospitalized -- something that wasn't supposed to be serious but quickly escalates. Omega makes arrangements to leave -- rearranging classes and makeup tests and carpooling with a friend who will be passing by his home town on the way to a weekend bender. Omega convinces Alpha to stay behind because it's not serious and his studies are harder to rearrange. Unbeknownst to either of them, Omega was at onset of his heat prior to departure -- set off by the stress of finals, recovery and care after a car accident, and time with his Alpha. Halfway into his trip, parent's condition worsens. Omega calls Alpha about it but at this point there's no way Alpha could make it in time. His friend tries to calm him down, offering him booze, which when pressured, he takes. Friend picks up friends, who, triggered by Omega's heat scent, get handsy and Omega struggles to resist while under the influence of his heat and whatever he took. He also fails to put up a fight when the others want to stop and get a hotel instead of continuing to get Omega to his parent as fast as possible. While at the hotel, more alcohol is consumed, the others get more rowdy, and during the night Omega is cornered and violently rutted. He comes to his senses three days later -- his phone is dead and blown up with messages, his parent is dead, his friend has pictures and videos posted on social media of him all over strange alphas, and he's pregnant. His friend never stopped anything because Omega "is a grown, consenting adult and he was into it, no crying wolf now". Grief stricken and ashamed and unwilling to go anywhere further with them, Omega walks away and simply disappears from everyone's life.

Years pass. Mate of Omega's sister has tracked him down, knowing sister wants to see him but is too hurt and angry and Omega is too illusive to make it happen. Sister and mate are renewing their vows since first marriage was cut down to courthouse marriage because of parent death. He talks Omega not only into coming, but returning back to hometown to help family prepare. Family likely did not know about the daughter he shows up with, so more shock and outrage.

As such a close family friend, Alpha has part in this vow renewal as well, also still unmated and dealing with the same anger and hurt as everyone else. Maybe wasn't worried about crossing paths with Omega because no one expected him to actually show up. But there he is and god damn it, the feelings are just as strong.
With this one there was this concept of the country being split into districts and that these districts are pretty distinctive when it comes to physical/genetic features, behavior, sometimes ABO ratios. The district this one is set in has earned the nickname, "the district of wolves" because of it's exceptionally high Alpha/low Omega ratio and how that has effected the social structure -- they are one of the most notorious districts for their dominance and aggressive behavior. Their Alphas are very primal and possessive, their instincts run very close to the surface. It is not uncommon for their Alphas (and sometimes Omegas) to be compared to wolves, hence the nickname. Districts can be pretty insular; it's not incredibly common for people to move between them, to take work in another district, etc.

Alpha (YC) is a college student in the district of wolves. And Omega (MC) is a newly transferred professor from a district that might be the opposite side of the coin to theirs -- high Omega/low Alpha population, which means nature has bred their Omegas to be as eye catching to an Alpha as possible -- I'm thinking long, spectacular legs and upturned ass with a long slim upper body. Most distinctively, the arch of their feet are longer and their calves are tight, forcing them to walk on the balls of their feet. They literally can't walk flat footed without a lot of stretching. They generally wear modified shoes with intensely high heels. Another accessory they're likely to be seen in is a re-breather -- these Omegas are very responsive and susceptible to Alpha pheromones, to the point where a good enough whiff is like being drugged.

Alpha takes an interest in Omega from the start, liking what he sees, the way the Omega handles himself in "the district of wolves", the skittish but interested but restrained way he responds to his advances. Alpha makes many advances, leaving notes on assignments, asking for additional help, asking Omega out, bringing him coffee and treats. He also flirts and checks him out constantly, always crowding him or herding him or scenting him, etc. Omega handles it a lot of ways. Sometimes he simply laughs good-naturedly and allows himself to be flattered. Sometimes he dismisses the behavior abruptly or ignores it entirely. Sometimes he sits Alpha down and tries to tells him why it can never happen. He also tries to redirect Alpha, pairing him with omegas for assignments, introducing him to omegas his own age. He even arranges a date with an omega of his own district to try and set Alpha up but Alpha remains strictly fixated on him. And the problem (for Omega) is, the attraction and drive to get closer is absolutely not one sided but there are sooo many reasons why he can't let this happen -- morality for one, his job for two, three... he's like an omega cranked to 11 from a district where chances of finding a mate are like 5%, he's just desperate and pathetically eager and he has to do better, right? He's the adult in this situation, he has to be responsible. So, next he tries accepting a few dates from that coworker that has been hounding him. Not really interested but, hey, maybe it will dissuade Alpha and get his point across. Except it really only makes his situation worse. Because competition only means that Alpha needs to up his game and accepting the coworker's advances only encourages the coworker.

And not all Alphas are so respectful of an Omega's choice...
One day Omega turns down the wrong empty hallway and is assaulted by a group of alpha students. They steal his re-breather and toss it between them, refusing to return it. When Omega tries to walk away, they cut him off and crowd him, getting handsy. Alpha charges in and quickly picks a fight, Omega slips away and retreats to his office. Alpha tracks him to check on him and return his re-breather. This part could go a number of ways...
  • Alpha respects a closed door and leaves when he's asked. Meanwhile, coworker comes sniffing and takes full advantage of Omega's state.
  • Alpha barges in and finds a compromised and desperately horny Omega and can't resist.
  • Alpha barges in, finds Omega in that state, makes sure he has what he needs, closes the door and stays to stand guard. Separate but mutual relief ensues.
  • Alternative option?
Omega is replaced by a substitute for a few days. When he returns, his re-breather is strapped and locked tightly to his face. He sweats and appears very uncomfortable, he flinches away from students, and virtually locks Alpha out. Alpha tries to check in on Omega after class, but is immediately turned away. It becomes obvious that Omega is suffering from an untended heat. Alpha gets some satisfaction out of the fact that the coworker gets the door shut in his face when he similarly tries to see Omega. This goes on for three days before he seems to recover and things return to normal. Omega returns to his usual self, Alpha flirts with him and writes him little notes and Omega bemusedly rebuffs him.

Alpha sets up a tutoring session with Omega one evening. But when he arrives, he walks in on the coworker making a move on Omega. He's snatched his mask and has obviously worked Omega into a vulnerable position. Alpha is instantly on the offensive and threatens the coworker to make him leave. Omega has been triggered back into heat. A second round unattended is both more aggressive and dangerous. It could cause permanent harm. Basic sex ed says Omega has to mate, Alpha wants to be the one to take care of him... and Alpha makes him feel safe...

For awhile, it's wonderful. But Omega always knew he should have known better and when Omega starts displaying signs of pregnancy, it spells the end. Alpha is away visiting family far away. Omega is called in to the headmaster's office, confronted on his situation -- and he knows... everything. He wants the situation handled delicately and under wraps. He offers Omega a contract -- he breaks all contact with Alpha, he doesn't press charges, and he accepts a transfer elsewhere with glowing recommendation. In return, he gets early tenure, and full care for his pregnancy and aftercare. He is pressured to give up the baby for adoption. Alpha comes from a very prominent family. They won't have their name sullied and they won't have a bastard child out there to loom over Alpha's head. Omega agrees to the contract, it's... it's the right thing to do, right? But Omega can't be persuaded to abandon his baby. So after Omega has left the school, the family take things into their own hands. When the timing is right, an accident is arranged. Omega wakes up in the hospital, his baby gone, told that he went into early labor, that it didn't survive.

Meanwhile, the baby survived just fine. Paperwork is forged giving up his rights to the baby. Alpha's parent takes responsibility and has the child cared for by servants while they go about having the child privately adopted to disappear in anonymity. What they didn't count on was Alpha being close enough to their personal staff to actually go into their homes and discover the baby for himself before that last bit could be pulled off.There's no lying to him. He can see, sense, and smell that the child is his and the Omega's. He's told that Omega blackmailed them for gains and then abandoned the child with them, wanting no ties or restraints. Alpha is pressured to put this behind him too but Alpha refuses to let the child be taken from him, raising him himself. The family cuts him off for a while, trying to force him into giving up the child or being forced to give up the child, but Alpha thrives and the family eventually lures him back with promises of providing nothing but the best for the child.

Ten years later.

Omega's life has been in shambles since losing his baby but he has slowly regained control. He wants to resume teaching and struggling to get work after his long absence in the field elsewhere, he returns to the district of wolves, hoping the headmaster will honor their contract. Only Alpha is the headmaster now.

Alpha has so much anger and bitterness for Omega. He considered throwing Omega out with nothing but the idea of punishing him is so much more appealing. It isn't much, but he takes satisfaction in his pettiness. The tension between them eventually becomes sexual and despite the love hate nature of their relationship, the instinct to become closer is still so strong.
Wealthy male Alpha (YC) is about to marry a socialite female omega but during preparation, he discovers that she has been hiding an ugly secret from him -- this isn't her first marriage, she has massive debt and intends to use Alpha for his money, and has a daughter she fought tooth and nail for custody for but neglects and keeps for the child support. The father is another Omega (MC) that she manipulated into this situation for the financial gain. Alpha finds out when the child shows up to the wedding looking for her mother. He breaks off the marriage, takes in the child while social services sort things out and grants visitation to Omega after meeting him. Through these visits he falls for Omega and eventually marries him instead. With lots of drama in between I'm sure, but this one is much less developed. Obviously.
The two halves of this love interest are both biological Alphas. But for MC, it has always felt like something went horribly wrong in puberty, that he should have presented as an omega, not an alpha. He has spent his life explaining and justifying himself to others, being doubted, attracting scorn and disgust. YC is the first boyfriend he ever had who not only accepted this about MC but supported it. Their relationship faces a lot of intolerance -- there's lot of talk of wasted alphas and MC stealing and tainting the gem that is YC. MC questions himself and whether he deserves their relationship a lot, but never YC or his devotion.

MC specialized in omega health and dabbled in sciences that might help people like him, he came up with technologies that has helped thousands of omegas. But his work was defunded and he was reemployed into a different department, probably something in radiology. YC works at the same hospital but in pediatrics. This could be where they met?

This is where MC crosses paths with the antagonist of the story. A woman with two children, one of the children is ill. She is seen by YC first. The woman is struck by what an attractive alpha YC is and how good he is with her children, how well they respond to him, etc. After some talk and a few tests, YC determines that the boy needs a trip to radiology and excitedly tells them that means they get to go see his wonderful mate. The woman is disappointed to hear that YC is taken, but curious to see his mate. She is picturing a gorgeous woman or perhaps a plumply showing omega male. When she sees MC, she is noticeably disturbed and displeased. I'm thinking MC is older and generally as a clipped and sternly professional demeanor, even/especially with YC (at work), whereas YC is warm and teasing and so obviously mooning over his mate. She judges and feels he absolutely does not deserve him, especially scenting that he is another alpha. She is very rude to MC whenever YC is out of ear shot, snidely asking if they have children, what a shame they don't, and other comments and questions that highlight the fact that MC is not an omega and that their relationship is odd. MC's response is to not even acknowledge her. He responds with questions about the child, their home life, what he sees and what could be the cause.

It would have been nothing. Just another crappy day to vent about over too much wine and icecream. Except before the woman leaves, she shoves MC. He thinks she swears at him in a language he doesn't know. He thinks nothing of it. Except his staff seem to be ignoring him and then someone pushes a gurney straight through him. He panicks, running through the halls, desperately trying to get someone to notice him, help him. He finds YC, and while YC senses something is wrong and is looking for MC, he can't see or feel him any better than anyone else. There is an intern that sort of seems to see and feel MC but it's like sort of glimpsing something and then blinking it away. He tries awhile to get her to notice him but she keeps refocusing. That's when MC starts to notice that there are others like him, in this place no one can see. And some of them... are not friendly.

Aka Pag. In his youth, he was one hell of a warrior. It was kind of expected of him -- he was born into a family of elite warriors, a bloodline so made for war that it literally shows by his sheer size and his very distinctive tusks (pic available if interested). Pag has long since left his fearsome ways. He now he lives apart from his clan, in a melting (mixed) city, where he works as a baker and tries to live a peaceful life. Not the easiest thing to do for a guy as large and ripped as him. The scars don't help and neither do his unusual tusks. People are definitely uneasy around him but he makes a lot of concessions about his appearance to try to soften that. He allows children to braid and put flowers in his hair. He humors the young witch who owns the apothecary next to his bakery to test her beauty products on him, dyeing his hair neon green, coloring his nails, and making his hair luxurious and his skin glow. He also proudly wears every gift his Elven coworkers give him. It helps. Maybe. A little bit. People sort of freeze up now instead of fleeing when he enters a room, so he can get a word in, make some progress? Yeah... there's a reason he leaves business to his Elven coworkers while he handles the labor of the bakery.Pag is a pretty massive and muscular guy. There's definitely a plot element with him that he is not what most people expect of an Omega. I could see that prejudice getting him in trouble a lot, never mind trying to date or find a mate.

This one could go a lot of ways. Maybe YC becomes a regular. Maybe YC is a new hire. OR I did have a plot in mind where Pag's father pays him a visit and isn't happy with what he sees (Pag always has the world to prove with him). He demands this crazy old warrior's rite of passage of his bloodline from him -- he has to kill a dragon. He won't leave Pag in peace until he does and his presence is really fucking up what progress he's made with his new life, so finally he agrees, time to armor up and off into the woods he goes. His heart really isn't into hunting and killing this dragon. He is not bringing his A game to this and he's out there awhile. And over time what starts as a vicious life or death game of cat and mouse heats up a bit. I think the idea was that as luck would have it, he has unwittingly interrupted dragon mating season and keeps fucking up the attempts of this particular dragon (YC) at attracting a mate/accidentally cock-blocking him. So with potential mates long gone, frustrated and still plagued by instinct to mate, and the tension of the hunt starts feeling an awful lot like sexual tension. Doesn't help that Pag is out there bathing in streams, sneaking in the occasional fap, getting caught in plenty of compromising situations. Mating occurs and dragons mate for life, so now Pag has a dragon following him home.
AKA Uri. This one is a spin on West of the Sun, East of the Moon. YC is a prince. Uri is a servant. The relationship with this one starts out kind of rough, when I came up with this one, the plot kind of revolves around YC having an appetite for domineering and a little bit of sadism and humiliation. Uri likely starts as a stable hand and I was thinking YC pretty immediately starts picking on and bullies him because he's attracted to him and is either frustrated (because crown prince, can't be gay) or wants to see him in a certain situation or to get a rise out of him. Or simply to see him take it. And when Uri happens to take it quite beautifully and subtly responds just the right way/doesn't seem to be avoiding it/shying away it, things only escalate from there. After a sexual encounter in the barn, Uri finds himself promoted to the prince's valet, literally one of the closet servants to the prince. the two become inseparable and while the relationship has it's fierce loyalty from both sides, it is largely physical with little else developed between them (at this time). They bond so well because the dynamic between them (aggressive domination and humiliation and the attraction of that perfect submission) tends to demand a lot of trust and they enjoy the hell out of each other, pure and simple. For a time. They get too daring, they are eventually caught. Uri flees the kingdom with his family. YC is carted off to meet his betrothed... Who curses him and turns him into a monster for rejecting him. By day he is the monster. By night, he regains him human form that he can never allow to be seen. He is tasked to find a woman to love him for his freedom. It's supposed to be an impossible task -- his bride to be didn't realize just how impossible. So, YC has been shut away in one of his family's summer castles, having women sent to him. It's been years. To keep himself sane, every once in awhile he goes out and kidnaps a woman, just to see who comes knocking to rescue her. If he likes them, he bargains with them to take her place. If not, oh no, look at that, she got out... This is how Uri comes back into his life. YC unwittingly snatches his sister and Uri comes running. Uri obviously doesn't recognize YC. Your call if he recognizes Uri given the years apart/they may have been relatively young when they first met and now they're grown men. Trying to keep this short, so, now they're developing more to the relationship than just the physical and there will be the curse and the angry bride to be to deal with, which I have plans for. Uri being a dragon is entirely unknown until this part of the plot.
Colt is pregnant (fairly newly minted/not showing and alone. He has just moved into his grandfather's long abandoned cabin (by the sea, lake, or swamp) and works hard to renovate the property, cleaning up trash and working his way through the abandoned hoarding situation. His relationship with his ex was abusive and scandalous -- he was the other man, an affair. His ex was a well groomed businessman with a wife and kids and very well off. He always promised he would leave his wife for him, that he just needed time, but the reality is that the money was mostly hers and he would never leave that. Colton didn't know at first and fell for the excuses, his story for craving men but being trapped by marriage and doing right by his kids. He's embarrassed to be this man's dirty little secret, a home wrecker, used and hurting a family. Even worse, this ex may have murdered his wife in the end. Colton has no proof, just a gut feeling and suspicion of the official story but it was the final straw. He's no help to the police and his ex did not take Colton's rejection well, so Colton fled, jumping bus after bus and couch surfing until he finally found his destination. I am very open with where we go with this one but initially I was thinking that YC was some kind of Mer. The Cabin was built smack dab in the middle of his territory and he had an understanding with the old man, didn't mind him much, but isn't sure about Colt at first. And of course, the ex is going to make an ugly reappearance at some point because I'm a slut for drama.
These two were born into the slave market, never knowing freedom or their full capacity as dragons. Blanche (black dragon) is the softer, more eager to please of the two. Sable (white dragon) is much more mischievous, unruly, and slow to trust. He is also very protective of Blanche and not afraid to get violent about it. The two have only had each other to turn to for comfort and kindness for a very long time. Because of this, the boundaries of their relationship is very blurred and they are not shy about turning to each other for sexual relief. Which will make attempting a relationship with them interesting between the protectiveness, jealousy, mistrust, past abuses, one is eager to take a leap of faith, the other is not and very much does not want to appear eager when he does become interested. This one can go a number of ways too. I've played with the idea of someone is employed in a job that gets their hands on them and is involved with picking them up/handles them in a situation where they've been kept too cold to move/are at risk of hypothermia and need to be warmed up so YC gets a rare chance to get up close and personal with them early on and it's their job to work with them after acquisition. Maybe YC frees them from this situation later. Maybe that was the plan all along/YC took the job with the plan of springing them. OR we can go the standard master/slave route. We can go more direct if you want, YC buys them and the shenanigans ensues. OR! Their original plot was more convoluted. YC is pretty well known as someone powerful/not to be messed with. He has a good relationship with his neighbor but this neighbor's son is a spoiled brat and can't stand that YC gets reverence over him/his dad and likes to try to prove YC ain't shit by one upping him at every chance and generally being a snide/disrespectful little dick. They cross paths at the slave market. He has absolutely no business picking up an unstable pair of dragons, but YC is interested in them, so time to meddle. Everyone else knows better than to hone in on the bid once YC puts in his but this guy just keeps driving up the bid. At first YC is annoyed but it's whatever, YC is well enough off not to really blink over how high this brat can drive the bid. But after so many times, now a line has been crossed and a lesson is going to be learned. He lets the kid win the bid, stoically ignores the gloating and just bides his time. They're next door neighbors after all. He can see a lot of what goes on in that house, he can enjoy the shit show from the comfort of his own home. And since he and his neighbor are on such good terms, he can visit all he likes. All he has to do is wait. This kid is not equipped for what he's brought home, his parents will not be happy at the expense, and the dragons will wreak havoc on that household. Sooner or later, the kid is going to crack under the pressure and the chaos and will have to admit that he fucked up and YC is not going to make it easy for him when he does. But then he gets to swoop in and reclaim his prize. This one allows him to kind of build something of a relationship with the boys before actually taking them into his home, so he's less of a threat to them.
YC is a prince with a newly acquired (through war, king split the spoils between his sons) kingdom to run. His new kingdom has an unusually high Fae population. Among his new subjects is Rainier. Rainier is an indentured servant to a lowborn noble family living on an estate famous for it's apple orchard and cider. He is a blacksmith and craftsmen, known for making magical items. And he is a Silklavee -- able to take the form of a massive and magnificent horse, which traditionally fly from field to field eating their take and either blessing or cursing the crop. Stories about encounters with them are a mix bag, they can be benevolent, the best counsel and aide you can ask for OR they can be violent and monstrous and the absolute last thing you ever want to see. YC could meet him a number of ways. Maybe he wants to know what his new kingdom has to offer and meets the local craftsmen and artisans. Maybe a list was made of the Fae who served in the war that earned him this kingdom and he's made a point of meeting each and every individual on that list to try and make friendly and plant the seeds of loyalty. Rainier in particular would have made an impression in the war, whether your character saw it personally or has heard the stories. Maybe YC needs something made or repaired. Or maybe they simply encounter each other somehow. When not in horse form, Rainier's horse form separates from him, so he lets his horse walk with him while he roams the forest foraging. Anyway, Rainier is not well treated and has pretty much zero hope of ever paying off his debt and getting out of his servitude. He has been lent to a neighboring estate in the past that abused him even worse and down the line, I'm thinking the family sells him to this third party. So maybe YC rescues him either by buying him off this third party or by ruling the sale null and void by technicality of Rainier having gifted him with his horse prior to the actual sale/technically Rainier was already his and could not be sold.
A Centaur and A Gentleman

In this world centaurs are a slave race treated little better than animals. Smarter than horses, yes, but far from human and so, beneath them. Many households keep them as upgrades over horses, for transport, hard labor, and sometimes for show. Some keep them as pets. It is quite common and even a standard of fashion for centaurs to be minorly or extremely restrained and tethered, many harnessed and bound, unable to use their hands or move beyond what is allowed. They are rarely allowed or acknowledged to be capable of speech. Some masters/breeders even sever the vocal cords, remove the tongue, or torment their centaurs until they are unable to speak.

YC is human (or whatever humanoid race you please!). I was thinking perhaps someone of means in this world – nobility, of an influential family, or perhaps someone who's occupation earns them some regard. MC is a centaur, either born into this world or enslaved into it very young. He is considered of excellent stock and temperament and worth a pretty penny for it.

Perhaps MC was gifted to yours in childhood. Or maybe YC finds mine at market and couldn't pass him by.

I am not against centaurs having the ability to take on human form if desired.

I am leaving this one fairly open as I'd like to develop things together. Lots of ways things can go, lot of different ways I might adapt MC depending on where we go with things.
YC is a middle aged, washed up actor, perhaps a household name once but now largely regarded as a has been who struggles to land any meaningful roles. There could be some plot elements in there of him being Hollywood royalty – his mother a famous actress, him having been in the industry from a young age, etc.

YC has a boyfriend he has been with for a long time but is struggling with whether he wants to stay with him or break up. Your call on whether YC is out (maybe that's part of what dried up his career?), but the breakup could lead to public scandal that could further ostracize his career and they aren't exactly a bad couple… the boyfriend is safe, for his career, for his lifestyle, and social circles. Meeting someone else now, starting over, at his age… maybe he stays simply because it is easier.

Things have a way of changing pretty rapidly when one kidnapped however. On a cruise at sea, caught between a cult and a sex trafficking ring, YC witnesses some things he wasn't meant to see, and now, the only coherent thought of what to do with him is simply to make him disappear. For now.

While trying to survive and keep his identity a secret, YC encounters Percy, a young man who is much older than he looks, an Alpha werewolf twisted over decades of enslavement and torture by his master/YC kidnapper into the vicious guard dog that no one escapes, the one they feed the bodies to. Even after seeing this brutally for himself, YC can't seem to get over his first impression of Percy, seeing a beautiful young man abused and in chains, desperate to protect him, to get him out, to get them out. However fortunately or un, Percy doesn't seem to see YC the way he's been trained to either. He takes a liking to YC fast and for the first time in a long time, he starts to hesitate and disobey when his master gives him orders. Can they survive and escape? And if they do, what life can they possibly have after this?

Would love to give this a silver screen era feel without necessarily being limited to that era's tech. Also maybe humans are elite and nonhumans are second class/rarely get the same opportunities. I am looking for a switch for this one. Percy prefers to top but there is a planned scene where he asks otherwise and if you're up for more than just that one scene, he's generally just happy to please YC/it wouldn't be a hard sell.

Last edited:
A series of Mer related plots...

MC belongs to a brackish species of Mer commonly called Pond Hoppers, because throughout their lives they migrate back and forth from coast to coast, not by way of sea, but by traveling up rivers and from one lake and/or pond to another until they reach the opposite coast. Like all Mer, they avoid humans for the most part but they have developed something of a relationship with the river people (people who make their living and spend most of their lives on houseboats on the river) in some areas.

YC could be a son of the River people. Maybe he even has developed something of a relationship with MC (and his clan) over the course of their migrations.

OR perhaps YC is a scientist or more specifically a marine biologist who is working with/temporarily living with the river people in hopes of being able to study this specific species of Mer. I will admit I am maybe a little partial to this one, just for all the interesting directions the rp might go.

Long story short, MC is injured. Nothing that will permanently maim him, but the damage is bad enough that with the time it will take to heal and recover, two things are true -- his clan cannot stay with him in this area for that length of time and he cannot possibly hope to recover and survive in the wild like that, especially alone.

Things like this happen sometimes. Situations where a clan is forced to abandon a member to certain death or a completely different life. If they are lucky, it happens in river people territory and the injured Mer can be cared for and taken in by the river people.

Obviously, MC is at least that lucky. Whichever route we go for YC, he is the one that is entrusted with caring for and taking mine in.

If he's a son of the river people, obvious choice as they know one another and have developed a connection. Your call on if YC still lives on the river/the lifestyle of his brethren or if he has since moved away/moved on to another lifestyle but returns to visit family and to be around for the migration season.

If he is an outsider/the scientist, maybe her injuries and the level of care required for a full recovery is beyond what the river people can provide. With his expertise, maybe YC has the facilities and the knowledge and access to the funding to give him the best possible care (maybe because he is that well off or high enough ranked an employee to do charity work like this OR if we wanted the plot element, he knows he can spin this to his employers in a way that will make them agreeable -- hey, yeah, I'm taking up resources and funding but not only does he get the care he needs but we get prolonged study of this species beyond the window we had for the migration. Win win, right guys? Cue later interference/seizing of control over the study of him and waning control over what happens to him down the line.)

With this one I am thinking there's very much a dynamic of exploring/understanding the unknown. MC has been very curious of YC and his studies and equipment and that curiosity and general good nature has been super helpful in his studies/has made him an ideal candidate in learning about his species. I think if he wanted to continue to learn while caring for him, he genuinely would not mind. I see them both regarding each other with open awe and fascination and wanting to learn/understand more about the other's species and world.
A rare switch/Seke has appeared!
YC has been having trouble in school -- feel free to create your own interpretation of what that looks like. In my version, he was going through some shit, acting out, hanging with a bad crowd, getting in trouble for bullying/violence and destruction/vandalism of property at school. Parents divorced, mom has custody, doesn't get to see dad a lot and step dad is a real asshole, thus fueling the angst.

Anyway! YC was supposed to go to his dad's family cabin up in the mountains with his dad for the weekend. Last chance to do it for the season before winter closes off the roads. In a rage from trouble at school, YC leaves early for the cabin. He was supposed to wait and travel with his dad but angry teenager and decision making. Winter storms come early too and he winds up trapped in the mountains for months, alone, with piss poor supplies because dad was supposed to stock the cabin for the weekend and he didn't make there in time before the storms hit/closed off the road. It is not a good situation to be in but he's not doomed. While the cabin has no electricity, it has a wood stove heater for backup and plenty of woods/an are and a whole forest of trees. It's a hunting cabin, so there's traps and at least one rifle and some ammunition and there's a deck and a fishing hut on the lake. If he's diligent, he can survive, it's just a long time to be alone and mistakes are dangerous as hell.

Right about when he's desperately lonely (and absolutely ready to question his grasp on reality with this encounter), he's ice fishing one day and a freaking merman pops out of the ice/crawls into the hut with him. He seems just as desperately happy to see another person as he is and while for the first couple encounters he might think he lost it and hallucinated for a bit, after the third encounter he's pretty sure he's real. This one gets sexual pretty early on. Like with the first encounter, they're both in desperate need of contact and so desperately happy to see another person that the excitement gets pretty overwhelming and is easily blurred. The aspect of YC thinking this can't be real probably helps blur the lines too -- well, already fantasizing, why not take it in that direction? They bang, MC realizes YC was fishing for food and slips back into the water to go hunt for him, leaving YC to think well, that was an intense sexual hallucination/I'm losing it. Then, encounter two, MC gets into the cabin in the middle of the night, leaves the fish he caught in the sink and slips into bed with YC. YC wakes up thinking oh, this hallucination again, well, at least it's enjoyable. Only, in the morning the merman's still there and the fish in the sink that YC didn't catch is very real, etc.

I saw them bonding and growing closer while trapped together and then as winter mellows out/escape is possible for both of them, having to choose, do I take my chance and bolt for safety/home or do I stay? Ultimately rescue comes for YC but I think by then MC has chosen to play human and stay as close to YC as he can.
For this old plot of mine, YC would also need to be some species of Mer. The species I imagined is much more advanced and civilized than most wild mer. They have created a glittering sprawling castle of a city with both watery and dry levels, able to shed their tails and walk as humans -- in fact, they are a recognized kingdom in the eyes of man, considered ambassadors of the sea, regularly interacting with and walking among men. Which makes them a bit feared and spurned by the wild clans who fear the surface and man. It is not uncommon for this species of mer to take mates from all over land and sea since they're advanced enough to accommodate the lifestyles of all kinds of beings.

MC, for this one, is something of an outcast in his own clan because he is clearly of another species, adopted into the clan by his omega father as an abandoned youngster. He is pale with silver and black scales while his clan are all tanned and colorful, his song is vastly different from theirs, and, probably most damning -- he is deformed. His colors are dull and muted. His scales are soft, making him easily hurt and his fins are flimsy, barely more than spines. He also lacks pectoral fins entirely and her lateral lines are oddly bulging in places. He has a multitude of useless small fins running down the length of his tail. He is small, considered undersized, and his tail is awkwardly long in proportion to his upper half. Swimming is painful and awkward for him, his muscles audibly cracking and popping.

Despite all this, he is often picked on for being too proud, for always striving to be the best at everything -- he is the fastest swimmer, he has mastered every style of song, he is the best gatherer. He is shamed for his strange behavior, hunting for his omega father and himself (traditionally an Alpha role), mezmerized by shiny things and hoarding them, and wanting to choose his own mate/spurning unwanted advances when most in their clan take the opportunities they are given and make the best of it.

Because of his lowly status in the clan (and being persued by a potential mate he does not want, MC spends much of his time away from the clan, seeking out other species of mer to learn new things. This is how he meets YC.

Your call on what YC is to his own people. A prince or a guard/captain of the guard could be interesting.

A series of scenes I had planned (which we can totally edit/adapt, absolutely make it your own) is YC hanging around the outskirts of their territory with some of his friends when they cross paths with MC. He's too small to pose much threat to them and they find his curiosity amusing, especially his awe of the shine of their armor and weapons. He watches them and when YC catches him mimicking some of their activities, like using speared weapons to hunt or specific techniques to scare off a predator, he offers to teach him first hand. He's also quite impressed when MC not only challenges his friends to a race, but wins, despite his cracking tail and poor fins. YC teaches MC a lot, his language, how to whittle, how to hunt, and brings her little gifts now and again. MC carves him a little shell pendant that YC wears always afterward. Through these interactions, YC becomes quite fond of him and may have been subtly showing interest in pursuing him as a mate in the ways of his kind (like the little gifts, hunting together or sharing a meal he caught for example) but then one day MC stops coming around.

There is no sign of him for weeks (maybe a month or two). Then just as suddenly as he disappeared, there he is one day. He doesn't approach anymore, only watching from a distance, but he doesn't go unnoticed. He is bruised and often injured and so much more skittish than he used to be, always one spook away from fleeing when YC interacts with him. In the original plot, there was a cultural reason YC couldn't outright ask about MC's injuries, something like directly expressing concern draws attention to their failure to defend themselves, which is deeply offensive. The culturally appropriate response is more subtle -- for example he might comment that MC's battles must be fierce lately (acknowledging that there has been violence/wounds received), that to see him in a fight must be something to behold (complimenting and acknowledging him ability to defend himself), and he would be honored to fight beside him one day (offering support/backup in the future if he chooses to lean on him). While culture and respect prevents him from outright acknowledging the situation, they have an established dynamic of him teaching hik things and he goes out of his way to teach MC how to gain the upperhand with an opponent that is larger than him.

With time, the truth of the matter comes out -- MC has been claimed by the mate he didn't want and is powerless to leave him. The only way out for him is if another male challenges the mate's claim on him/bests the other male in a fight for him and then claims him for himself. No male of his clan will go against his mate, least of all for MC, though Omega father has been pleading with anyone who might -- I was thinking his Omega father even ventures beyond the clan and, knowing of their interactions in the past, might approach YC too.

Long story short, after claiming MC and bringing him to his own kingdom/clan, it's discovered that MC is not deformed, just malnourished/underfed, and hiding what he truly is to the point of injury -- he is a sea serpent/dragon species of Mer that was thought to have been wiped out/he will be the first anyone has seen in decades.
YC is a space marine who is captured by pirates and sold to an alien slave market. While pending sale, he is kept in an undersized cage, with an even smaller cage stacked on top. All he can see of the creature above him is a mass of writhing tentacles. His bunkmate is curious, regularly poking an inquiring tentacle through the bars. YC doesn't like it at first but decides that the creature is harmless and takes to thinking of it as his bunkmate and calls it Wriggley. There is a scare when one of those tentacles grabs his arm tight and won't let go but YC eventually realizes the creature is scared and simply wants to hold his hand. In another scene, YC is given a whole fish for food. He can't stomach it, so he pokes his bunkmate and offers it to him. The creature squirms and reveals a large (larger than human) bright purple eye. Tentacles snake through the bars and take the fish. YC is alarmed to see long spikes slide out of the ends of the tentacles. His bunkmate is obviously not as harmless as he thought and could have killed him at any time very easily but hasn't. The creature guts the fish, slicing up the meat into bite-sized morsels. It eats, but insists on YC trying some. Raw fish isn't terribly appetizing but served like this, it's a little easier to force it down, mentally focusing on tuna and sushi.

Opportunity to escape comes eventually and when YC busts out, he takes Wriggley with him. I'm thinking he simply grabs the whole cage since it's hardly bigger than a small/medium dog crate and doesn't weigh much -- in fact, YC suspects that the entire weight he's lifting is just the cage itself, not Wriggley. Once YC has gotten them out and safely camped out in the wilderness, he works on busting Wriggley out of his cage and is entirely surprised by what Wriggley turns out to look like -- he's humanoid, not unlike a mermwn, human from the waist up, something like an octopus from the waist down. Equally surprising, YC finds him attractive and cute. Wriggley moves through the air like an octo through water. Wriggley finds YC fascinating. He seems to especially appreciate Asher's hair and muscle. Freed, he's a lot more touchy. He was before and YC likely has long suspected that Wriggley might have a bit of a crush on him, but it's much more apparent (and appealing) and possible to act on it now.
MC is an exceptionally rare species of mer, known as Clerigemmamaris or Gem of the sea. They were created as a gift, proof of a sea god's affections. Their bodies are gold and encrusted with priceless stones. Literally everything about them is worth a fortune. It is a cursed life to live. Hunted nearly to extinction at sea, survival on land seems the only option these days and it makes for a terribly expensive venture with so very many spells to buy, constant moving, specific foods and lots of it, access to large amounts of water and paying for the damages of it to an apartment. MC works multiple jobs and cycles through a lot of them to protect his identity. He hawks whatever he can from himself to make ends meet -- scales, hair, gems, etc. But he never makes terribly much. Everything he sells he has to market as something else/lesser, coming from far more common mer.

He has a young daughter. She is troubled for many reasons. She struggles with living on land, having a strong connection to the sea. She also suffers some truama from what time she has with her mother. Her mother's species are prone to becoming hidious over time if their lives don't go just so, commonly known as hagfish. Her grandmother tormented her from a young age that she would surely become hidious, that it was happening already. She's prone to fits and tantrums and requires a great deal of attention. But I'm thinking she also tries very hard to be good and not ask too much of her dad and is upset/embarrassed by her own behavior and problems when they flare. I'm thinking that for now she is either rather young or early to her teens. She goes to a specialized school for other creatures such as her, magical beings that require extra protection from the outside world.

In the original plot, (doesn't have to follow the original plot as far as YC is concerned, just sharing old thoughts) YC would have been a powerful witch who doesn't really care to live up to expect/doesn't really act like he's as powerful as he is. I saw him as someone who does a lot of odd jobs/skills in many areas, kind of putters around doing whatever the fuck he wants. To some he's known for peddling spells and potions. To others he's a craftsman skilled in creating homes and spaces that are more than they appear. To MC, he has been his drug dealer, supplying him with heavy pain killers for years, mostly because it's what MC was looking for and the attraction has been there from the start/YC probably would have taken on any job for an excuse to keep seeing MC. Unfortunately MC had no interest in dating/hooking up/making friends back then but patience pays off/YC was willing to wait him out. MC has been turning to him for years
They are now pretty familiar/friendly. MC never did warm up to playing the dating game as far as YC can tell but finding out that MC just straight up hasn't been laid in 15 years/since his daughter was born (likely a somewhat drunk conversation) is the last straw/drives YC nuts/spurs YC to shoot his shot. No strings attached sex quickly gives way to feelings and something that starts to feel an awful lot like something real and sooner or later, MC dares to talk about his situation and what he is/the why of his strange life.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom