Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question getting on my mobile

naelasa

Planetoid
When I am using Wifi I can get on BM no problem but while I am say out or there is no wifi, I can not get onto BM using my network connection which is EE, any help will be helpful as I am sometimes out in places with no wifi and would still like to get on.

that's what I mean, I can get on using wifi, but not the mobile data I got. Other sites are fine, it's just this one.

Yes, but when you leave your house, your phone switches to mobile data, but your WiFi is still on but just isn't connected to anything. My question is have you tried turning off your WiFi option on your phone and then relying on your mobile data?

Every so often when I try to browse while away from the house, my phone browser will fail to connect. I believe it's bc it's too busy searching for WiFi. If I turn off my WiFi entirely, suddenly mobile data works. It could just be a bug on the browser or phone OS, but it's something that could potentially solve your issue. If this doesn't work, then I will have to dig a little further into it.

oh.....no not tried that. give me a sec.

just turned wifi off and no, Bluemoon will not load but other sites like youtube does.

it comes up with the following:

page can not be loaded, the requested page could not be loaded.

check internet connection and try again
certain browser extentions such as ad blockers may block pages unexpectedly, disable these and try again
Blue Moon may be down and not working.

no I only use chrome, I can try downloading the other two and try those, thanks, if that doesn't work then I dunno. Just asking, which one do you use with mobile data for bluemoon?

I don't know, it's a new phone so I not added anything like that unless it had it already. If it helpd my phone is a google pixal 7

Can you PM me what your mobile network and IPs are?

Ask Google for your IP addresses while on your mobile, then switch back and pm me.

Go into your phone's Settings > Network & Internet > look for any built in VPN or Private DNS or Proxy type options. You can also look into your browser settings and scaling back the strict vs moderate browsing restrictions.

I see Veks just replied. He'll be able to get you situated a bit better than I can with that stuff.

So it turns out in this case their wireless DNS isn't working, but it is through their wi-fi. There are any number of ways this can happen. Sometimes they are my own fault. >_> In this case it isn't though.

You can get around issues like this by manually setting DNS for your device. How to do this will vary by the device, but you can choose any working public dns.

I generally use 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 (Cloudflare/Google).

well you all tried, I can't seem to unput a DNS on my phone settings, I'll just use wifi I got at home and not go on when I am out.

Back
Top Bottom