Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question about erp

dead420

Meteorite
So how exactly are people supposed to erp? I am VERY new to this so any tips are helpful

I'd suggest reading other roleplay stories that are on public threads here. You will get a feel for how they start their stories and get into the thick of it.

Kind of depends on what you're looking for a guide on! Figuring out your own interests comes first; otherwise, you won't know what you will and won't write. Then, it's all about finding compatible partners: people who like to write the same things and the same way you do. Browsing request threads and becoming familiar with terms is a great way to begin and get yourself familiar with the kinds of things people look for in roleplay partners.

If you have anything specific you're wondering about, there also might be questions answered in the FAQ!

Yes if you are new to things, maybe try and ease into it?

Basically most people want more story than smexy times usually, figure out what you are comfortable with. Be open about being new to this. Some good people surely will help you get into it.

And yeah try to read others stuff. That will help you

So how exactly are people supposed to erp? I am VERY new to this so any tips are helpful

What parts exactly are you unsure about? Is it the writing as a whole, the roleplaying/partner-finding aspect, or the smut aspect? Something else?

There are a bunch of facets to roleplaying that all kind of tie together, so I'd advise first finding your strengths and your weaknesses, and what you'd like to focus on developing. Do you want advice on how to find partners that match your preferences, or just how to develop your writing in general? If it's the latter, the only real way is to jump in and write. Take a look at other people's posts. PM any member of staff or anyone you've talked to or feel comfortable approaching; I'd like to think that most of us are here to help.

I don't claim to be a professional writer, but I've been at it for about fifteen years in some capacity, so if you'd like to try out a test scene so I can give you advice on what I see, I'd be happy to do so. Let me know if you'd like me to PM you since you're still in your grey period.

Do you know how you roleplay? Yeah, just like that, but add in erotic elements into it.

If your talking just straight up the aspect of roleplaying in general, then things are much more complicated. The best way to look at it is if you are writing a story or book, but rather then you are the only one involved you are doing so with a partner. Being a group effort, you want to make sure you are controlling the elements of your character while allowing the other player control the portions related to their own. There might be some overlap, but the important part is to view it as a team effort in which you should be working together rather then against each other for control over the narrative.

As others say though, looking into what others write can help and you should likely start off with something more simple to get into it. It might involved a back and forth between you and another person where you give a sentence or two in response. As you get more into it you can start adding more detail into it and finding a certain flow with your responses. The biggest thing is really finding a partner and communicating between each other and working out what working the best for both of you. Everyone has their own preferences and so certain things might work fine for one person but they might not for another (a good example is some people who prefer using 1st person instead of 3rd person for writing).

This was helpful for me as I have experience on Reddit mainly and very little experience on forums and discord

Back
Top Bottom