Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Any movies with huge plot twists?

Not exactly huge plot twists but unexpected I guess?

The Sixth Sense
Us
Identity
Fight Club
The Usual Suspects

Knives Out, and the sequel Glass Onion come to mind, if you like murder mysteries with some clever writing and a lot of humor

Unbreakable, Cabin in the Woods, Donnie Darko, Shutter Island, The Village and The Empire Strikes Back (Star Wars episode V) are all movies well known for plot twists

If you like the classics, Planet of the Apes (the 1968 original) is probably the most famous plot twist I can think of (also Soylent Green)

A personal favourite of mine is I am Legend, but only with the alternative ending, which is actually the real ending, closer to the book.
The endig the studio put in for the theatrical relese not only removes the plot twist, but the entire point and message of the movie.
Wathing the alternative (but original) ending takes this movie from mediocre to profound in the last 10 minutes. In my humble opinion

Well if I list movies with no plot twist, because you are now expecting a twist, the twist will be that they don't have a twist..... or do they?

Memento. I won't spoil it.

A lot of these are fine choices and I'd second The Usual Suspects, Fight Club, possibly The Sixth Sense if you don't know the twist, Shutter Island, Planet of the Apes and Empire Strikes Back (again, if you don't know the twist).

Some classic ones that haven't been mentioned yet:
  • Friday the 13th [Part 1]
  • Memento (a great and underrated movie)
  • Psycho
  • Saw [Part 1]
  • Se7en
  • The Wicker Man (the Nick Cage remake doesn't count. Does it ever?)

I recently saw a decent horror/thriller called Motherly with a couple of good plot twists. It wasn't a great film, but if you like thrillers with a couple of good "whodunit" twists, it's worth checking out.

Back
Top Bottom