Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Like a Deborah Anastasia novel (AsBloodTurnsIcecolfXEtheresl) [NSFWIMAGES]

EtherealElvenEmpress

I’m a power bottom at rock bottom.
@AsBloodTurnsIceCold

The cool for air nipped at her ears and she made her way down this quiet street. This old town had some beautiful sunsets and Lucy took her time as she walked down the street with her guitar case strapped to her back. Dressed in black mini skirt and a very tight fitting knit top with a pentagram accessory right above her cleavage she sit out but not as much as she usually did.

With light make up and her raven hair flowing in the wind with each tap of her heeled boots. Reach into your pocket to pull out a business card mentioning that there is a guitar shop around here. Honestly she didn’t know how she missed it but those little tiny shops could easily be hidden especially if you didn’t walk around enough in town. It didn’t help that she wasn’t from here and her band mates had told her about it but sadly she couldn’t join them when they went to go talk to the owner to get their guitars customized. They all raved about this place so she had trusted her friends when they told her something was good. They were supposed to play a Getting in town in a week or so, so she figured that she check into her hotel early and spend a week looking around town.

The end of summer was pretty cool and she still had a bit more time for her break and what better way to spend it. Stopping by a small mom and Pop’s coffee shop she’s grab herself a coffee with two sugars and a cream. She wasn’t a fancy kind of girl. No Frappuccinos for this little goth. Coffee and ham that was when she figured she’d check out the guitar shop. It was too early to grab a beer so coffee it was as she finally found where the card said the shop would be. Tucking the business card away she’d reach for the door opening it here in a little tingle of the bell. It was and she’d walk in to see what her friends were ranting and raving about with the shop. Lucy had seen the work he did on her bandmates other guitars and everything else and whoever was behind it was an absolute genius and she wanted to get her guitar done next. Once inside she take a look around and look for the owner or whoever was on the schedule right now to see if she can make an appointment and talk about getting a cool design on her baby.

Kurt gently set aside the last of his pencils looking over the manuscripts that covered his table. It was an easy morning, and it would be a late night all things considered. It wasn't a busy day in the least, in fact, it was a relaxing summer day cool and not too cool. Kurt had the run of his little shop, a little place in a quiet spot that most people wouldn't know about. It wasn't too fantastic for business, but he had worked quite awhile to be secure there. He wasn't worried about business, but every now and then he'd get a large order that took quite a lot of his personal time away. He painted murals for the town, did art for books, and other things. He mostly worked on his own little side project to pass his time and that actually did eat up a lot of time but it was time he was willing to spend.

Between a hot cup of tea, and the showing of a rather cheesy and silly little romance film about a Taxi driver and a particularly distraught, but frequent patron. Stupid at its core, but Kurt never did link when it came to watching the stupid little romance films on the screen. There was an odd charm to them that calmed his soul. They were a relaxing companion when he was doing his inking. He sat on a cushion at a little table where all of the manuscript sat and got to work, image after image carefully considered in the form of a story. The older gentlemen was quite good at what he did. He liked to think he had earned the ease by which he could work on these silly little comics. He didn't have an exceptionally large readership, but the few who did tended to enjoy the odd visuals he put to paper.

He was at that until all of a sudden the bell informed him he had a visitor. Unexpected. His shop was open of course and so with a small grunt he would rise from the table. The older gentlemen would grab his cup of coffee and stalk his way to the front of his store which doubled as his home. He ran a hand through his greying hair as he walked through the small oak door, decorated with a carefully hand-drawn "please wait" set against an epic fantasy backdrop. The front of the store was covered in his works. Intricate. Time consuming. Colorful. It would let anyone who came in know that they were in good hands. He took a sip of the still decently hot tea he had prepared "Welcome. What can I do you for?" the first words rumbling out of his mouth as he laid eyes on his visitor. A woman. Quite beautiful he had to admit, and definitely curvy in all the right ways. Younger than himself but that wouldn't stop his eyes. It never did. Her attire was curious, dark, she definitely did not fit in here but then again the folks who had been in his shop a few days before did not either. He looked at her for a moment "Sorry young lady. I don't sell books bound in skin, or crystal balls that allow you communicate with The Dark Lord." he couldn't help himself from joking. He did sit there though taking another sip "Welcome to the store though, what can I do for you?"

The store was open and the ring of the bell lingered in the air as she took a step into this hidden shop. Her band mates said this was good and she trusted them with her life; mostly. At least with her baby Gibson. Her bag strapped on her back she heard the voice of whomever worked here call out for her to wait and the sign did too. Lucy was in no rush at all. Not with her guitar she would take her time. Looking around this was a nice little hidden gem. To honest she would’ve ever found it if it weren’t for her band.

When she finally got the attention whoever worked there her eyes were all over the place but eventually turned to see the older gentleman who greeted her. “Hey…” She mumbled back and she went back to working on the shop it was bigger on the inside like the tardis. He was older than she expected but she figured that meant he must be good at his craft. He was able to get a good look at her without even noticing since her eyes are glued to so many other things. But before she could say much of anything he made a comment about Looks mountain skin and Crystal Falls is contacting the dark lord which caused her to snicker and get him a mischievous grin. “ dammit I keep the wrong place then maybe you have lambs blood? Or do you guys carry athames. What did I come in here for?” She took a moment to lean her torso on the counter giving him a view of her cleavage as she spoke about witchcraft accessories. Looking him up and down he could tell she wasn’t taking any offense to his jokes and actually ran with it. “Too bad…no crystal balls in sight but maybe you can help me with my very mortal problem of getting my Gibson modded. I heard and saw your work or maybe it was one of your associates. I’d love to get similar done. The dark lord raven about you.” Lucy couldn’t help but still play along and flash him a charming grin. “ You got jokes. I respect that but can you help me me?” She pointed to the guitar case on her back before so we take it off and placed it on the counter as she opened it to show him a very expensive guitar.
15C54815-DB98-4B46-BD6D-292D0E542929.jpeg

"Well I'm sure the lambs blood I use to make muffins and the Athames I just use to slice bread those aren't for sale." he said taking another sip before wandering closer. He did notice the guitar case on her back, perhaps she was looking for work to be done? He nodded "No associates here. Its a one man show so you've come to the right place." watching her unlock the case to reveal a real beauty of a guitar. He let out a small whistle gently placing the cup down as he looked over the guitar "A Black Beauty eh? This is quite the house payment you're looking to have decorated here." he said.

He rubbed his chin a little "You sure you want this decorated? This is quite expensive and beautiful on its own." though he would shrug "Well I can do it though. It wouldn't be the first I'll admit. What sort of thing did you have in mind beautiful?" he wondered leaning on the counter lightly "You wouldn't happen to be related to that other group of exceedingly black clad gentlemen who wandered into my little abode the other day would you?" he wondered. If she had seen his work either she read them or given the fact she was clearly a guitarist and a serious one given the price of that guitar. It wasn't exactly likely that these strange ebony clad people all belonging to a band would all wander into his store but wouldn't be related. He figured he would ask her and get the confirmation. He looked it over again and her...but mostly her. It was difficult not to notice that fairly curvy figure. He wasn't sure about the attire as he was never sure about these odd groups. They weren't his scene but they did pay good money for these things. She was a good looking sort, younger than himself but no doubt eyes were often on her and not simply for her skills.

She also clearly wasn't from around there normally at least by the way she spoke "You guys traveling around? On tour or something?" sort of drawing in his mind, taking his eyes off her though occasionally he'd look back "Ah I forgot to pause my movie."

“Now that is too bad. I came all the way over here for lambs blood and you won’t share.” Clicking her to fit in disappoint before shaking her head. “Not only hoarding the lambs blood but using athames to slice bread is an abomination. A tragedy. You’re going to make me cry.” Lucy said as she pouted and wiped away a fake tear with her index finger. He had started the jokes and Lucy literally ran with it. It was pretty fun and he wasn’t judging her either. That was nice.

Once her baby was sat down and the case opened when the owner whistled it gave her cause to chuckle. “Well one man show you do know your stuff. That makes me feel better.” He mentioned how it would cost a pretty penny to decorate this baby and she nodded. “Money isn’t an object. I know most wouldn’t decorate her, but I want her to reflect me. This beauty is an extension of me…” planning yo continue but the shop owner seemed to be asking all the right questions and the moment he brought up her band mates a smile began to show as the corners of her lips curved up. “Guilty as charged. What gave it away? “ she asked as she reached over leaning over the counter slightly to run her hand over the body of her black beauty giving him an unintentional cleavage shot in the process.

“As for what I was thinking…” her eyes would drift back to the TV that had a movie playing as she watched silently for a few moments before he’d ask more questions that she had yet to answer, but het focus shifted to the unpaused movie and she only spoke up again once she heard how he forgot to pause it.

“Sorry. Don’t worry about it. I’ve already seen it don’t worry I won’t spoil it for you. You should really pay attention to this part anyways. You learn some important background about the driver.” Coughing to draw her attention away from the movie she felt silly for even saying anything to him. “Well what I was thinking was maybe golden roses or a Phoenix. I haven’t deciding but maybe my name encircled with thorns. I’ve seen your work and it’s phenomenal. I’d be a fool to pass up on this opportunity. Maybe you can help me decide on something since you know how limited this girl is.” She spoke of her guitar as she looked up to him seeking his advice. “We are on tour right now. And we do travel quite a bit. Living the dream. First time out here though. Full house to. So…what got you into guitars and lambs blood?” Joking but it was her turn to ask a question.

He liked this one. She had a good wit about her and a playful spirit. He nodded his head "I wouldn't be here if I didn't." he tilted an invisible hat to her but it was good to be recognized. He would gingerly cross her arms over his chest looking over the guitar again "Business must be good then? For a thing like this I tend to charge a pretty penny especially depending on how detailed you want it.." he did have to be honest about it. It would be a task but bringing out the beauty of this thing to match its owner? Mighty ask. They were already as beautiful as could be in truth.

He looked back to the television but back at her with a raised brow before a nice chuckle would reach her ears "Oh? I've seen this before too I just don't like to miss a beat." he admitted to her "Its rough stuff given all that stuff with his missing sister, but it sets up for a nice finale." making it clear he knew "You don't quite look the type to bother with movies like that." he said curious but it did take all types. He listened to her ideas "All good ideas." he said "Buttering me up won't decrease the price." he joked "But good ideas." he moved his hands to his greying beard, or well...mostly grey at this point "Golden feathers. Name in the corner, thorns around the body. The color balance is pretty simple though that design would take me a couple days to finish up if you don't want the feathers looking silly and I need to get my hands on the proper trim." he said.

"I can't say much into the lambs blood but I suppose I took a few gigs decorating guitars from some little groups back in my time. They wouldn't leave me alone until I agreed to it....people can be pushy and the I found and will pay serious money for some silly things." he shrugged "Became a good source of income. I never needed much I guess but it works well enough with my other jobs." he said "What about you beautiful? When did Satan get his claws on you?" he chuckled "And does he know you watch Romance movies?"

“My mates all keep raving about your work. I had to come but and see who had the magic fingers.” Lucy said with a playful wink. “Right now business is great. Shows keep coming in. I can quit my only fans page.” The last part was a joke but she said it in such a deadpan way before cracking and laughing. “I don’t have an okay fans I’m just kidding. But yea…business is picking up and it’s about time to give my baby the star treatment. Baby gets the best.” She said eyeing her guitar again before looking up.

Her eyes drifted back to the TV as he mentioned a big plot point showing her that she wasn’t going to spoil the ending since he had already seen it too. “I don’t look like the type for a lot of things. I get that a lot. I’m just happy they all worked it out in the end. Cheesy I know but it was a good ending. I thought they’d make a sequel or something but I can live with just this.” Rambling on a bit more before her attention was turned up the designs she mentioned. This guy knew his craft and Lucy admired that.

The moment he mentioned how buttering him up wouldn’t decrease the price Lucy chortled and shook her head no. “I would never expect a discount. Your craft is unique to you and I wouldn’t dream of asking for less. I’m a musician, Jill of most trades and master of a few. I know that’s not the proper quote but charge me what you normally charge. You can’t pay rent with exposure.” Lucy knew how some people could be and she wasn’t looking to get the cheapest deal especially for her pride and joy.

“For some reason I trust you. How about I let you take my ideas and you run with it. I’ll leave a deposit today. No rush. I got another guitar as a back up but this girl is my statement piece. Work your magic phantom of the guitar house.” Joking as she offered him a kind smile hoping he wouldn’t be too upset at her musical reference.

“Don’t worry I’ll pay in gold coins from sunken pirate ships. Don’t worry they aren’t cursed.” There she was at it again with her strange humor but this guy seemed to just get her. That comment about Satan getting his claws into her drew out a hearty laugh that still sounded a cute as a bell. “Satan is my ex boyfriend. He couldn’t handle competition of watching romance movies. The dark lord is terrible at compromise. I traded my golden violin for a Gibson and never looked back. Heaven doesn’t want me and he’ll is afraid I’ll take over.” Lucy could be a bit of a hellion but as they talked she was pretty well rounded for a mistress of the night. “So do you gotta name or should I call you magic fingers. I’m Lucy. Not the most demonic name but I’m working on it.” With that she held out her hand offering the older man with the great sense of humor a friendly handshake.

"Well I've rarely had complaints about my magic fingers." he would hum glad that she really was the type to play along. It wasn't everyday a beautiful woman wandered into a guitar decoration shop and yet it was his lucky day. He would register her joke about an Onlyfans page "Damn. And here I was thinking I might find a stealthy way to get your money back to you. Oh well." throwing hi hands up as he laughed with her. He nodded her head "Ah yeah, might as well make your mark. All the big stars have customized equipment. It'll help you get noticed which means I gotta make sure its beautiful of course it'll pale in comparison but I can make due."

He was also glad she understood the price but that was good he couldn't just go decreasing prices now especially where rent was concerned though he didn't want for much. He estimated it would be a few hundred at least though he looked to her "Of course I try not to mess anything up and with a rare and expensive thing if I mess anything up I'll pay for a new one or you can just..beat me up I dunno." he chuckled but he was confident that wouldn't happen and in the end she would have a beautiful thing worthy of her title as a guitarist. "At least you didn't come to me to get it to look worn down like myself. A lot of younger and newer guitarist are doing that. It really just makes them more unpleasant to look at in my opinion." adjusting his shirt he'd smirk at her "Alright beautiful a deposit and you tell me what you see the next time you come in, unless you come by just to see me this baby will have the best damn art I can give ya." sounding serious but he was. He did treat his customers things with all sincerity and seriousness because he knew that often did too.

"Ah well seems like Satan is missing out for sure." he said "I'll take normal cash though. I've seen The Fog and believe it or not I like my skin where it is." he said "$300 up front, but in total it should be about $600 to $700." he said and took her hand "Kurt. Kurt Devany." he said and broke away from her for a moment before he would come back with a piece of paper "And my number in case you want to check in but can't make the trek."

He’d get a glimpse of her cleavage which she didn’t mean to show off as she leaned on the counter placing an elbow down and her hand under her chin as she gave him a smirk with a tiny shy giggle. “Magic fingers you say? That is one way to get a woman’s attention.” It really did come off like she was flirting but she was being playful and friendly as well. Lucy loved his sense of humor and the fact that he could hold his own. A man that can make her laugh was very rare and he seemed to be very laid-back and chill especially for a guitar shop owner. Most men in this business were condescending and treated her very mean for just being a woman and here he was being kind that meant a lot.

“ if you really want to get your money back to me maybe should come by a show if you’re not too busy with those movies. I mean I can’t blame you there very nice to watch I just hope maybe someday I could be a character one of them I know cheesy right?” It was an offer but she wasn’t sure if you would actually take her up on it but maybe she could offer a discount a ticket but she would see how his reaction would go first. She was more than happy that he would take on this project but he did catch his little compliments in between and he could see her smile and even blush which she hoped he did not pick up. It wasn’t like her to get flustered but he was just a cool guy. Older but cool.

“You better not miss my baby out I would kick your ass but I have a feeling you might like that. Or maybe won’t because most men find me terrifying. You know with all the dark Lord worship and all.” She gave a shrug.

“I honestly don’t get the worn down luck it’ll get there on its own but it’s not worth it to do that especially when it’s going to get that way from use. I don’t judge other guitarist but that’s just not my style. Thank you again this is I know really last minute but everyone says good things about you so I’m putting all of my trust in you are very capable magic hands.” Flattery will get her everywhere she helped though she was not expecting a discount she just hoped he would take care of her baby the way she would. When he mentioned the deposit she would pull out her pentagram decorated wallet and I only pull out a good chunk of cash but also a band card that she had with her number on it. She put the money down on the counter but reached over to grab a nearby pen and write down her personal cell phone number on the card before she would hand it to the gentleman behind the counter.

“That’s my personal cell you can always call me to come by anytime I’m gonna be in town for a while. I would feel bad just popping by any time I don’t wanna disturb your work. You’re welcome to call me…” that was an offer she did not give many people. Would he take the hint? Maybe. Maybe not but she hoped he would.

If he took the card she would give her hand to him and shake it. “ Just call me Lucy.” The fact that he came back with a paper with his information on it made her smile to herself as she made sure to go back to her wallet and give him the money in full which was a full $700. “ if that’s not enough just tell me I don’t care what I’m paying for this baby and I trust you. Don’t tell my ex-boyfriend I said that. Satan might not take kindly to it.” There goes her jokes again but she had a feeling that Kurt could take it. “Well… This won’t be the last to see of me Kurt. When should I drop by again not like I’m spying on you or anything.” Hopefully he wouldn’t take her too seriously on that since she would be around but busy setting up for the show.

"Well I would never turn down a woman's attention." knowing she wasn't being intentional but the older man felt no guilt taking in all of the good looking woman as she leaned on his counter. He felt too old to play the game a lot of younger men did where they tried to be coy with finding the women around them attractive, and he was practiced enough not to be too weird about it outside of his habit of flirting. He didn't need to talk down to her or anything, and of course she didn't seem to take herself too seriously. He got those types in a lot. Stories that were sure they'd be the next mega-star and build a legacy, and lot their way. He hated those types but having one that seemed to have fun even from a particular genre he really didn't understand much of was a good thing to him.

"I might." he said. He did like to see his designs lit up in the stage lights and hear what people said about them so on occasion he'd watch or catch shows just to see what it was all about. He nodded "Yeah the sappy romance? The once-in-a-lifetime meetings? The almost day by day warming of the heart? It's a nice dream isn't it?" he said. He didn't dwell on it too long before throwing her hands up "No worries your baby is in safe hands, but trust me I've have some encounters. I had a norweigan Black Metal band stop by one day when I first started out. Nice guys except for one of them threatened to cut me open on the Altar." he shrugged but he had stories like that, and given she was a musician she definitely had her own.

Kurt took the money and the card with a small smile "Well I'm not opposed to company. This town is a bit safe ya know? Sometimes the neighbor even stops over for tea when her kids are all at school. Keeps me company while I work. You might be able to do so as well...I mean if you want to see how its done." extending his own offer to her. He would think for a little moment "Well I don't think he has any reason to be jealous...yet." he winked to her putting the card in his pocket as she closed the case and gently took it in hand after shaking hers. Lucy. Nice name indeed.

"Mornings are usually pretty good. I wake up when the sun is still down." he told her "Or at any unreasonable time at night." gesturing to the TV she could see "I tend to make tea, watch some late films. I might share some." as she carried it off "I'll give you a call. Send some pictures of the designs."

“I would probably feel silly if you turned away my attention especially when I’m trying so hard to get yours.” Lucy smirked she kept up her playful banter. Still leaning on the counter she purposely gave him a bit of a show and he was quite a good looking guy for his age. He wasn’t saying anything horrible to her or trying to group her which left a good impression. Not only was he going to take care of her beautiful guitar but he was treating her like a person. Not to mention he seems like the same movies she did.

When his answer was I might when it came to coming to a concert she smiled and gave her affirmative nod. “ i’ll get your ticket and it’s on the house. Besides I love when the creator comes to see what they created.” It was nice to offer something to him and she looked forward to seeing his work on her instrument since he was well known for doing a fantastic job. She could’ve gone on forever but that was when Kurt segued into the sappy romance genre. “I feel like those once in a lifetime meetings only happen in those dramas. I know it’s silly don’t wanna experience one but the likelihood of that is slim to none especially when I’m touring. Sometimes it gets into a bit of a ground hogs day you know. Different men but it’s the same pick up lines. Maybe one day it’ll be different but until then I’ll enjoy my music.” Even though she looked extremely goth she did have I rather cheerful personality or maybe that was just with him but he wouldn’t know any better since he never seen her in action.

She was more focused on what he had to say as he took her payment and she kept his card placing it in her pentacle covered wallet. “I promise you my group is not that horrible we only use lambs blood not human so you’re safe.” Maybe that would lighten his mood and he wouldn’t worry about her trying to cut him open like a fish. That wasn’t her style at all.

He mentioned that this neighborhood was nice and how his neighbor would pop by every so often and Lucy nodded. “I honestly might take you up on that offer it’ll be nice to get out a bit more. As long as you don’t think I’ll scare your neighbor away.” She would drop by if he was okay with her dressed the way she was around his neighbor. When he mentioned his neighbor not getting jealous she would get a chuckle to leave her lips as she pushed dark hair behind her ear. With her other hand she shook his with a firm grip and gave him a very charming and charismatic smile. Something she would not really do on the stage but right now she was in the shop so smiling would not ruinher street cred.

“ Well I myself am a bit of a night owl so I’d be up for watching something and I can bring some tea if you’d like. Believe it or not creatures of the night like me also enjoy tea. If you’re lucky I’ll bring snacks too but keep me updated I do have to get to practice feel free to stop by if you’d like my bandmates are pretty nice and they’ve spoken nothing but praises about you. I’m sure you get that a lot but don’t let it go to your head.” Lucy would lift yourself up from the counter and do a little stretch once she took her hand back from his.

“ Just gonna shoot my shot but do you wanna get food later? I’m new to the town and my bandmates have not really looked around and they don’t really want to explore. Feel free to say no. No pressure but hey I gotta keep an eye on you since you’ve got my baby. I’ll even buy dinner if you decide to risk my ex-boyfriend Satan getting mad about you hanging out with me.” She couldn’t help but try to joke just in case he’d say no at least she would know that she tried.

"I happen to think its when you're not looking that it strikes the most." he chuckled "Always when its most inconvenient that way it keeps you up for years wondering if you messed up the chance. Sappy, but life does come at you quick fast. Its more fun that way." but he would only shrug. He could understand how eventually the people you met all began to blur together after awhile. He wasn't an untraveled man, but one didn't even need to ravel to come to that realization. He couldn't remember half the lines he spit out either and he quite liked flirting. He smiled "You're young. Its best to enjoy the fun chasing the music brings....so long as its not right off a cliff. I can tell from this beauty that you're serious about it so you've go a long time to trip up at a few parties." giving the covered guitar a gentle tap.

"Aw but lambs are so cute. I wonder if the dark one would accept a healthier less cute alternative instead like fish."

"Honestly she might scare you more. Her daughter is currently in her alternative phase and she might just sit you down to talk your ear off about her. I think the end of it you'd know know plenty of new ways to make brownies of a budget and an all-too deep understanding of the secret but not so secret life of the American teenager." he returned her own smile with his own "But feel free to stop by with that tea then. I bet you make a mean cup." There was no need to worry about her street cred there. He definitely knew that most bands, like most wrestlers, had an image to keep up but it was usually a bit of a front. He didn't mind it. He was too old to go writing an blog posts about the true faces of the people behind the music.

"Ow wow the first move? You young people sure are brave. In my day I'd have to hound your father with a written letter of recommendation from all my teachers and a couple stone tablets of my future plans just for the chance to ask. You sure you don't mind being seen out in public with an old man?" he teased just a little bit "Because of course I'd be fine to head out for a bite to eat. I can show you a few nice spots." and looked down "And no worries. I'll make sure to bring you a few pictures of your baby. I'm sure you'll be happy to see how she's coming along before she's released back into your custody."

“I know what you mean when you say what I’m not expecting it it’ll happen but here I am hoping it’ll happen sooner rather than later. I guess I can’t complain too much but I have a pretty interesting life as it is.” Lucy Said with a mischievous grin. She knew exactly what he meant but sometimes she would get impatient but she was learning how to deal with life as it came at her. Kurt was correct with how the world worked because it always seemed like she got curveballs when she was least expecting them.

There was a moment she was about to talk but when Kurt said that she should follow the music as long as it was not off a cliff it caused her to burst into laughter which did not seem like the cute goth girl style thing to do. Lifting her hand to cover her lips as she snickered and had to compose herself to speak again. “No cliffs only pools of blood. Since you insist maybe I can replace the lambs blood with another kind of blood just for you.” She said with a wink at her hand moved from her lips to push long dark hair behind her ear. “Not sure is fish but we have the same effect but I can try just for you. Lambs are cute but I prefer black sheep.” He had to know she was full of wisecracks. “I do make a main cup of tea depends on what flavor you like. It also gives me an excuse to show up here.” Watching him as a tapped her guitar case knowing that her baby was in good hands.

“ Hey! What’s wrong with the first move? I’m not afraid of putting myself out there especially since I’m used to going on stage in front of people I’ve never seen before. I’m just happy you’re taking the bait. Don’t worry I’m not after just your blood only your company.” With a wink she hoped that he would not find her threatening. After all he did agree to show her some good place to eat and she was not gonna turn that down. “ you know I’m more worried about your image being seen with me and trust me you are not that old you are a fine line and I’m still fermenting into something greater. Just don’t pop me too soon.” The fact that he said he would have to get her father’s permission made her chuckle but she shook her head no since her father was just happy she was not doing anything too crazy like drugs at least it was a band and in his eyes a phase. “ to be honest I think my dad would be happy I’m with someone who looks normal he still doesn’t understand why I have a band but he would definitely approve of you. He really didn’t like my ex but then again who really like Satan dating their daughter.” Even though she was using Satan as a ruse he had no idea how bad her ex-boyfriend was and he was a breath of fresh air to both of her parents if you ever have a chance to meet them.

"I think I'd like that." he chuckled seeing her agreement "Oh I'm not picky about my tea surprisingly enough. I'm too old to be picky about tea. I just want to drink it and stare at the sunset." joking only slightly but he was really not a man who stressed over tea too much. He had his favorites but he rarely turned down a cup and a nice quiet time. Kurt could only shake his head "I've noticed, it is refreshing and we haven't even had a drink yet." throwing on of his hands up. He wasn't going to question anything too deep about her past of course given her statement he'd just give her a little bow "Well if you aren't afraid to be seen with this old man a little lunch shouldn't hurt."

He would heft the case finally ready to get to work "I'll text you a few pictures of the design as it comes along. What say we meet tomorrow for lunch? You can stop by and I'll show you a nice place to eat while you and your friends are in town." he said moving to the door to open it to her though he didn't want to seem like he was rushing her. He was enjoying the conversation really but the sooner he got to work the sooner she'd have a beautiful guitar to wow people on the stage.

He clicked his tongue "I'll catch you around dark beauty and hopefully you like salmon and slightly calming but mostly stereotypical Parisian ambiance."

“Tea and a sunset. You say that something I can do since I’m a creature of the night I can handle the sunset and don’t worry I don’t sparkle.” She really hoped he caught the twilight joke and her to stand for it even though her voice showed that she was not a fan but enjoyed picking on the series. Kurt was sweet even though he was older than her he treated her with respect and kindness which is something she really got from boys her age. Of course Lucy had her band mates but of course he never really dated your bandmates everyone and their cousin knew that.

He knew just how to handle her baby with care as he moved her guitar behind the counter to a safe place she gave her nod of agreement about lunch. She’d straighten yourself out and follow him to the door. He was quite the gentleman and even held the door open for her and she gave a cute little curtsy as a way to say thank you. “Well… sounds like a date and I won’t be late but I can’t promise I’ll just normal and I hope that won’t scare you off.” He seem like the type that was embarrassed about how she looked or the way she chose to dress since she loved this look she wasn’t going to change it just for lunch. It was her image and she loved to dress like this regular basis. when he offered salmon and a Parisian paradise she gave him a sweet grin and winked at him. “I’m not one to complain about the food but since you’re choosing the place will you allow me to pay for lunch?” She asked since she didn’t mind and he was the one taking time out of your schedule to show her a nice restaurant and she hoped he would say yes. He didn’t seem like the type to freak out if a date bought him food. At least you hoped it would not hurt his pride since she did not see it as a problem but the offer was there if he wanted to accept it. “How about 1230 tomorrow then I’ll be here a little early since I’ll be around the neighborhood anyways it’s a date then.” Those will be the last word should give him before she would leave unless he had something more to say.

"Well you seem to shine plenty to me beautiful." he sad seeming to miss her joke before he threw up a hand "But you not sparkling means that I'm not a boring teenage girl from Washington." tossing her a look. He wasn't totally out of touch with the pop culture references, or was he? He had no idea when it came to it.

"I once went on a date with a woman who had an oppressive collection of life-sized dolls." he said "Though that actually wasn't the worrying part. They were all missing heir third fingers on both hands. I had asked her why once and she mentioned that she was fairly sure the third fingers on each hand were cursed. I dated her for a few months before breaking it off after she threatened to file mine off so I'll say that as long as all my limps can remain intact I can probably last for some time." difficult to tell if he was merely joking or not, but he had some strange dates in his time. He would click her tongue "Gentleman doesn't really let a lady pay for first lunch especially when she's already offered tea. I'm afraid you'll be keeping some of your money." giving her a little salute of understanding. He really was mostly old-fashioned in that way. Perhaps one day if hey ever met again but now it was his bill to foot especially since she was a visitor.

"12:30 then. A good date I'm sure it will be and I'll make sure to bring pictures." he said allowing her to leave and giving her one last wave before he closed the door behind him. She was sure was a charming woman. He was definitely looking forward to that date. He'd chuckle o himself before going to retrieve her guitar. He had some work to do and luckily he could do it with some nice romantic ambiance in the background in the form of yet another cheesy romance film. It felt like a good day for that.

Kurt was super sweet and he never missed a beat and his personality just overall made Lucy smile. He got all the pop references which was pretty damn impressive since she wasn’t expecting him to get most of them but he did!

As he began to tell her about a woman he went on a date with her dolls it didn’t phase her much but hearing about how fingers were missing that caused her to raisin eyebrow with a bit of confusion. “I I don’t judge but that’s a bit strange even for me but as long as she felt like she wasn’t cursed. I don’t approve of her trying to take away your fingers because if she did I wouldn’t be able to have your lovely craftsmanship fix my lovely baby over there.” She nodded over to where her guitar was.

When he mentioned that it wouldn’t be gentleman like for her to pay for lunch even after offering tea she clicked your tongue and protest but she would not argue it further. “ In that case if lunch goes well and you pay please let me get dinner.” Was she being very hopeful? Maybe she was but she liked him already and maybe she was secretly hoping that he would agree to dinner even though they have not even had lunch yet.

“I’m not even complaining about the earlier time since it’s not the witching hour but 1230 is perfect.” And with that she was out the door and heading out to go to practice. Luckily she had a back up guitar for that . He was great conversation and she already knew the lunch date would be successful at least for conversation though she had no idea how they would match but this town was still new to her and he was a good comfort to have. There’s a bit more pep in her step as she left as she look forward to meeting him again. Besides he didn’t look down on her for liking romantic movies and being the alternative girl that she was most people picked on her for that little quirk she had since no one expects the goth girl to like romance. Just with his acceptance from something so small gave her a very good feeling about him and she looks forward to meeting up with him for lunch sooner rather than later.

For most of that night Kurt had gotten to work on her request, planing out and setting the stage for work until it was high time for him to hit the hay. He made sure take a few snaps for her to ponder over before resting for that night only to awaken in the morning and get more work done testing a few designs at all manner of angles and lighting so that it might be easier to pick. He treated the priceless instrument with utmost care before focusing on other work and the tedium of morning rituals as time drew every closer to the time of his date. He was the type of man who liked to get there early and so he would be.

He didn't dress overly nice for that type of thing. He often felt too old and silly for the sorts of rituals he saw often panicked youth go to for engagement. A nice clean shirt and a warm jacket. Nice enough jeans and shoes. Simple easy. He would let the restaurant speak for itself and so at least 30 minutes early he headed over, it was a small enough place that he could walk there. It was really a nice small place run by a lovely old couple who had visited Paris and fallen in love so they brought it hope. Learned dishes. Furnishings. All that though he dishes hey offered did offer more home based dishes. It was nice, a walk in but he knew them well. He just needed to wait for his date and so wait he would. He would sit by on a small bench for the time being and do something quite odd....

Pick up a newspaper and read. That would pass the time quite well.

Lucy was more than excited for the date. She got back to her hotel room and she would change into something a little less gothy just so she wouldn’t stand too much since she indeed had her fans around the town and when she dressed down she still looked very lovely and stood out in her own way just not as much as she would if she was at her own concert.

Her look might be a breath of fresh air since she did not go all the way out for him but she made sure she looked nice and presentable since she figured it was just lunch and she did not need to go overboard and she indeed got there 10 minutes early because she was never one to be fashionably late especially when her career depended on her being on time. Lucy knew the town might not be ready for her but the place he picked out was nice and to her surprise he beat her there! Sheepishly she walked up to him and gave him a coy wave going “I’m not too late am I you said 1230 did I mix up the time?” She asked softly when she got close enough for only him to hear since maybe she thought she misheard him and he probably meant 12 instead of 1230 but at least she was here now and she would apologize for being late if she was late. She would take a moment to sit next to him since he was sitting and reading a newspaper and might as well get comfortable for now and she didn’t want to look too strange standing in front of him talking so she opted to sit next to him to catch up.

And no she did not ask about the guitar she was not here for that she was here for lunch and his lovely company.

Kurt looked towards Lucy as she spoke up and gave her a gentle chuckle "No I just arrived very early. Its an old man thing." he teased her. He looked at her for a moment "You look very cue and on brand. Its good to know I didn't quite under dress for our little get together." giving her a little nod. She did look nice. Cute really and a bit less goth than he was expecting but he guessed that even a goth had their casual clothing choices.

He would gently fold the paper and stand up to her, extending a hand to her "Since we're both here we might as well go in. Get started on grub early yeah?" she smiled waiting for her to take it or not before he traveled up to the door and held it up to her. The sound of the cheesy Parisian music hitting them full force. He clicked his tongue "Goodness no matter how early it is they love that sound." he looked back at her "Hope you don't mind. They're sweet people." pointing the way inside where a woman stood at a podium to help them pick a seat. An older woman who just looked as friendly as possible.

“And Here I was wearing I would be late but you beat me I guess I need to work on my timing.” Offering him a smile as she watched him fold up the newspaper and extend his hand. “Than you. I can still look semi-normal so I don’t wanna scare the locals here at least most cities are used to how I look but I’m not sure about here yet I’m glad I didn’t overdo it.” She was happy he didn’t mind her look even though she was dressed a bit down but she had A decent wardrobe that allowed her to blend in as much as she could with her style. She’d take his extended hand so they can walk in together and once they did the music threw her off and she jumped a little but not because she was scared only because she wasn’t expecting it to be like that. Lucy chuckled a little to herself and shook her head no. “Believe It or not I don’t mind new experiences. I’m excited. And I like food so I’m not really worried about the music I just hope the food is good but since you chose it I have a feeling you probably know that I’m not gonna be disappointed here.” Despite her dark looks Lucy was quite a cheerful soul though she would not let anyone else in the band see that too often or else she’d lose her street cred.

"Well I would assume most people quite like food." he chuckled as he traveled in just behind her and took in the music himself. She would put a hand in his pocket "The food will be wonderful." he assured her before walking up to the older woman behind the counter "Hello Danielle. A table for 2 please." he nodded to her and the woman would smile and remark on him bring by a new girlfriend "Ah! You make me sound like a player Danielle." sharing a laugh as it was clear they knew each other pretty well before she led them to a table in the back. It was covered in cute little photos of Paris and its people. She let Lucy it down first though there was no chair to pull for her.

He'd sit opposite her as they were handed their menus which had quite a lot of french dishes to choose from. He looked at her "I know what I'm getting already. Feel free to pick whatever picks your interest. They'll be happy to make it. Too happy perhaps but I think you'll like them. They're adorable with this." he said and pulled out his phone to pull up and show her some of the preliminary sketches. Nothing damaging it was just lines that could be wiped off "Hows this looking? Tried varying line of detail and thickness." he said showing her.

Kurt reassured her that the food would be good so she placed her trust in him like she did for her guitar. When Danielle commented on Kurt bringing a new girl around Lucy could not help but chuckle and give him a look of you must be a playboy but she wasn’t thrown off by it she found it cute. A chuckle escaped her pink lips as she followed the woman into the restaurant with her hand still in his. “I had no idea you were such a Casanova. I should be careful around you.” Lucy teased no she wasn’t being serious and hope he didn’t take her seriously.

When she sat down she got comfortable and would curiously look at the menu. “ I don’t think I’ve ever eaten French food unless you say french fries but I don’t think those are French.” She couldn’t help but joke since Kurt was such a light hearted guy and she figured he wouldn’t mind. “I’m not sure what to order. Any recommendations?” Hoping he’d offer a few choices. She was not above choosing but he knew the restaurant and he knew what was good and what was not and she would take his advice to heart. When he pulled out his phone to show her what he was starting her interest went straight there as she would look over what he has drawn on with just lines. “ that’s looking good!” She exclaimed but quietly. “I like The thick bold lines especially since they stand out I like where this is going.” Giving her opinion and showing her approval since the thick lines would look much better than something thin that would blend into the scenery but with what he was doing it would stand out especially on stage. “I wasn’t expecting you to already have started. I guess I shouldn’t be shocked I heard you were amazing.”

Kurt only gave her a bit of a shrug "Here I thought a daughter of darkness would quite like risks." he teased back though clearly he didn't take it seriously at all. He clicked his tongue "I would say Danielle has gotten to be quite good at the Meuniére if you're a fan of fish, or Coq Au Vin. I tend to go with he first one when I'm here." he nodded as Danielle waited for them to call her over to order. They were pretty much the first ones there thanks to how early the two of them decided to arrive. It was nice and calming that much was for sure.

"Perfect I can go with that then." he said and put his phone away "Well better to start early. Beats any possible delays you know but I'm glad that people consider me amazing." sounding proud but not overly so. He just seemed content overall "So how long have you folks been traveling around? Must have gathered a few groupies and eyes with your style. Surprised you all came to this small town for any amount of time." raising his hand to order once she had decided to tell them what they waned. She'd nod and good off to tell the chefs leaving the two here to talk among themselves.

“I take risks just fine. Just not usually French risks.” Lucy offered a playful wink in his direction. As she listened to his recommendations she nodded at both. “If you go with the first one I’ll go with the second. See, I can take risks.” With that she gave him a mischievous smile. “I’ll ask what wine pairs with the coq au vin. Yes, this daughter of darkness likes wine on occasion. I hear French food pairs well with it.” She hoped he’d be alright with her ordering a glass; nothing fancy.

Lucy looked over the design more and gave a more approving nod. “That is going to look fantastic. I really can’t wait but I shan’t rush the artist. I know I’m going to be ecstatic when it’s done. So many people sing your praises I’m still shocked you had time for my guitar.” She gushed hoping he wouldn’t get too flustered but his reputation was well known at least in her circle.

When he put his phone away she gave Kurt her undivided attention. “This tour I’ve been on going on 6 months. I wasn’t expecting it to take off like this but I’m not complaining. It’s good. The fans are great and so are the cities. Towns are always a breath of fresh air. “We usually play the bigger venues but fans do request smaller towns making meet and greets more personal. Do you ever go to any concerts that roll through?” She couldn’t help but ask since she did invite him to see her live.

Back
Top Bottom