Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Can anybody clear up for the the relationship between Blue Moon and E?

Kwizzard

Planetoid
So, I notice a rather familiar name from E is also the Admin for Blue Moon. I doubt that's a coincidence. Can't say I expected the two biggest competitors in this space to be sister sites.

Are there any notable philosophical differences in mission between the two sites, or is it more of a chocolate vs caramel situation?

They're owned by the same person. They're not really competitors, unless you consider Diet Coke competition for regular Coke.

I'd suggest you take a good look at the Rules for each site, and see if you can spot anything noteworthy. The philosophical differences exist there, mostly, as there's a huge amount of crossover within the userbase of both.

Hmm... I wonder which one is diet coke in that analogy?

As far as I've been able to tell the main differences are that Blue Moon is far less exhaustive about vetting, has a slightly less forgiving definition of SFW/NSFW, and allows marginally younger characters (15 vs 16)?

There's nothing that really jumps out at me, which is why I was curious. I don't think I've missed any elephants. Presumably there'll be some differences in the community, but I notice there's quite a lot of familiar names there too, so I'm not expecting anything wildly different.

Time will tell. I was mostly just curious what people have to say about the differences between the two sites, and it seems as good of a thing to use my first couple of posts that I need for approval on as anything else.

^,..,^

I am on both sites, and I like both sites, but Blue Moon is a little more down to earth and Elliquiy is a little more uptight. IMO. They are both good though.

The fact that Elliquiy rejected me tells me all I need to know about it. Uptight is the kindest adjective I'd use to describe their gatekeeping.

Back
Top Bottom