Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Bring on the Night: Nera and Untouchable

Nera9948

Star
Devan Vincent was bored, and when he was bored, this was dangerous to all vampire hunters in the vicinity. If he wanted to find a hunter, all he really had to do was follow a younger stupider vampire. Usually that was his childe, Brice, who refused to kill humans unless absolutely necessary, and usually ran instead of fighting hunters. Tonight it was another vampire, someone named Thomas something or another.

Thomas was feeding in an alley when he drew the attention of the hunter. Devan moved quickly in Thomas' direction, slicing through the young vampires neck with nails sharper than they had a right to be. He killed Thomas, and then decided to zero in on the human hunter whose attention he had drawn. Stupid vampires needed to die, and so did stupid humans, and noone was a stupider human than a stupid hunter. Devan zeroed in on the hunter who was probably quite confused that the vampire killed his target for him.

"It's a good evening to die don't you think?" Devan asked the human as he moved slowly towards him.

"I'm not falling for that, I'm not like most hunters either. You see I've trained my entire life to hunt you lot down, make sure this city is safe. I'm not hunting for leisure or pleasure I'm hunting because one of your coven killed my mother! The woman I held dear to my heart, I was just a young lad back then not even seventeen years old. Name's Cam Weston, it's nice to meet you." Cam held out his hand while he held a cross bow with the other already loaded with a stake that would go right through his heart if he pulled the trigger. He wasn't in the mood to play Mr. nice guy, if the one that had killed his target wanted to play oh he'd play but one of them would definitely lose. "So what do ya say we go a few rounds."

Devan paused for a minute. "Is this a trick? You offering to shake my hand? Do you not realize that I plan to kill you?" Devan was extremely confused and stood still for a minute trying to decide how to respond. "I do not care that you are hunting for revenge. I really don't care why you are hunting. You are hunting in my domain, and noone does that shit except for me."

With that Devan rushed the vampire hunter trying to knock the crossbow out of his hands. His intentions had not changed and they were not about to, simply because this man wanted to talk more than he wanted to fight.

"Nice there big boy." Cam said rolling eyes as he side stepped him, swung his ankle under his foot so he could at least knock off his balance. He wasn't in the mood, he knew he'd probably end up losing the fight or being left for dead but he didn't really care all he wanted was his revenge, he was gonna get it. "By the way who said this was your domain? I don't see your name on it, you don't look like a sheriff so I'll take my chances." He swung on his feet, kicked the other knee as he spit in his face holding tightly to his crossbow besides he also wore a silver cross that had belonged to his mother who had been a slayer in her time. He was the first male slayer, he didn't really seem to care if he was the only male slayer he just wanted his revenge.

Devan was caught off guard for the second time, but only for a moment. The first kick hit him and made him nearly lose balance, but as the second came, Devan leapt into the air out of the way, and decided he had had enough playing with this vampire hunter.

He did a back flip through the air landing flat on his feet behind the hunter. He was hoping this skill would get the other mans attention. It would certainly show he was not a young vampire and not one to be trifled with.

"Really? I've got a silver blade in my back pocket, I don't care how old you are. I'll take you down if it's the last thig I do." Cam said as he elbowed him in the stomach then smirked ducking out of the way so he just stood there. He took the blade out of his pocket, poked the tip with his finger just to be an ass knowing he was signing his own death certificate by doing so but he wanted to draw someone else out of the wood work because his spidy senses were tingling. "Your not alone are you?" He asked as he cracked his neck then his knuckles holding onto the handle of the blade with his mouth then wielding it in his hand like he intended to stab him head on which was an idea but he was gonna push a few more buttons.

Devan quirked a brow after being elbowed in the stomach, not expecting it to hurt as much as it did. This hunter was catching him off guard a little, and he was pissing him off. He might have said something more about how he planned kill him slowly to make him pay, but then the man asked a question. Was he alone?

"What do you think I need help to take down a piece of shit hunter like you?" Devan replied. He saw the silver blade, aware of what it was and what it could do to him. "Upping the stakes huh, I like that, but I am still going to win."

With that Devan rushed him, making an attempt to knock him back into the nearby wall and knock him out.

Cam hadn't expected him to rush at him so quickly, he was indeed knocked against the wall then fell to the ground his eyes closing as he passed out from the force of his head hitting the brick wall. He was still breathing but he was knocked unconscious which gave Devan an opportunity to kick him about a little maybe take out his ribs break his arm that sort of thing, usually he was pretty quick on his feet but that hit he wasn't expecting so he let it happen which he knew the vampire he was fighting wanted all along.

Devan finally got what he wanted, Cam was unconscious and as far as he was concerned, his to do with whatever he wanted. Devan picked him up and started dragging him towards his vehicle, which was a little bit of a ways away. If someone saw him he would simply state the man was drinking so as not to attract attention.

The man seemed to be going in and out of consciousness, but Devan did not worry about that too much as he tossed him in the backseat of his car.

Devan was about to close the door when someone he never expected came up behind him and attacked him from behind, Brice Allard, his own childe and fledgling and the last person he expected to do so.

Cam groaned as he went in and out of consciousness hearing the commotion outside he slowly started to come to holding his head which was now bleeding from hitting the wall as he came to, he opened the door to see the other vampire looking confused he checked his pocket for his blade which was now just laying in the alley. “what the hell?” He asked as he stumbled out of the car, leaned against it obviously very confused about what was currently happening.

Brice pulled out a stake from his pocket, and attempted to drive it into the heart of his sire. He missed, having it impale the other near its target instead of straight in it, but even if it had hit his heart, it would have only incapciated him and would not have killed him. The sun would have had to do that.

Brice watched only briefly as his sire tried to regroup from the assault, before grabbing the hunter, and shoving him back in the car. He closed the door and quickly jumped behind the wheel and began driving off, with the hunter in tow. "Are you all right? Are you injured."

“I’m a little dizzy, might have a concussion but it’s nothing I haven’t dealt with before. Who are you, why did you just save me?” Cameron asked he slowly say up, leaned against the back seat suddenly feel around his abdomen to make sure he didn’t have any lacerations or broken ribs. He’d had his fair share of injuries , had often patched himself up without fail but he was confused as to why a vampire had just saved his life.

Last edited:
Brice continued driving, glancing out the window and behind him as if he were fleeing from the devil himself, and it took a few moments for him to visibly calm down. He knew he had to explain himself, so he glanced over in the direction of the vampire saying. "My name is Brice, and I helped you because I know why you were after him. Why you were after all of us, and I have been in your position. I have lost loved ones because of this monster. I was not going to let him take anymore from you than he already did.
"

“wait a minute what? You know he killed my parents? I bet you don’t know that he also killed my partner and love of my life. He was innocent, hadn’t done anything wrong. I went out on patrol, when I got home he was dead. His name was Sebastian or is that something else you already knew?”

Cam had so many questions he needed answers to but he was dizzy, had the worst headache but knew from experience the next twenty four hours were critical for him to stay awake or he’d slip into a coma which had only happened once that he recalled.

"I didn't know that he killed your partner too," Brice replied as he kept on driving towards god knows where. "I knew about your family, but I didn't know he killed Sebastian, but it does not surprise me in the least." The younger vampire kept driving until he reached a warehouse on the other end of town.

"This is somewhere I go from time to time. Somewhere that Devan should not be able to find us. You took a hard hit to the head. You need to try and stay awake or you may have some serious problems."

"Not the first time I've had a head injury, how long have you been watching me? I'm just curious is all, my name is Cameron but You can call me Cam. I assume he was your sire." Cam said as he forced himself to stay awake although he was disoriented, dizzy he opened the door then climbed out of the car. For some reason he felt like He knew the vampire that had saved his life, like he'd been watching him for awhile almost like a guardian which he didn't mind. Rubbing the back of his neck he leaned against the car, checked his pockets for his cigarettes then lit one up. Puffing on it he waited for the guy to answer him almost feeling like he should thank him for saving his ass like he had.

"I was not watching you," Brice explained casually as they continued to drive off. He took in an unneccessary breath and explained. "I was watching Devan. He was watching you. Earlier this evening I found the file he had on you, and given killing hunters for shits and giggles isn;t my thing, I decided that I would come to your rescue. Anyway I am heading for Warehouse 69. It used to be a club, its abandoned now and I dont believe Devan will look for us there."

"Your sire had a file on me? Wow not the first time I've been told that one. Most vampires want me dead anyways, maybe even some wolves depends really on what day of the week it is. But why did you rescue me? I've heard of it." Cam said trying his hardest stay awake knowing that if he passed out now it could mean bad news, he just wanted to lay down and rest because he was exhausted besides he had a feeling a few ribs were broken except that he was use to.

Once they reached one of the young vampires favorite places to escape his sire, he opened the door, came around and offered a hand to the human hunter. "I helped you because it was the right thing to do. I think you do not realize how human vampires really can be in their motivations. Some of us like Devan are quite beyond that, but not all of us." He paused and said. "Let's go we need to get inside and out of the open.

"Alright lead the way Hero boy." Cam said rolling his eyes as she slid off the seat grabbed his jacket, let Brice lead him inside. His head had stopped bleeding so that was good but at the same time he looked around the place then looked at Brice. "So you saved me because you felt sorry for me? Probably the first time a vampire has ever saved me from their sire but okay I'll bite." He shook his head, had to admit that Brice was pretty easy on the eyes one would easily be turned on if given the chance.

Back
Top Bottom