Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What exactly is roleplay to you?

I only do roleplays real-time in chat rooms. It's an escape for me. My roleplay last Sunday took us five hours as I was gang-banged by four youths. (One partner playing four different roles). The movie A Clockwork Orange was one of the triggers which started me to explore forced fantasies. I asked my partner to cut-off my clothes like Alex does to Mrs. Alexander in the film and he complied. It was a lot of fun.

Last edited:
I like writing, but writing a whole lewd story on your own can be boring, so it's fun to split the work.

While I don't really self insert into the characters I write most of the time, I'd still call it roleplaying as most of the time I'm writing a canon character and trying to stay true to them. Which is another level of it I enjoy, making the writing still be like the character in question but in whatever kind of scenario that wouldn't really happen in canon works.

Hey there, I am just asking for fun as we all have our own reasons for doing it as well as our own reason for joining it. I personally find it as a fun way to relax the mind like a hobby. I do like it as stories can be made with our own creative minds into something special. It can be the theme, chemistry of the characters, or the chemistry of the role players that can help the experience be a good one.
It is several things to me. One, it’s a way to broaden and spice up sex lives, two it’s a way to live out scenarios fantasies that are taboo, three a way to learn and evolve what excites you, and finally an escape from the mundane life or relationship you find yourself in

I've been gone. In coming back I am asking myself this question too. I always saw Roleplay as a form of collaborative writing, literary acting, team driven storytelling, where the goal is not to win, but to work together to tell a breathtaking story that makes the readers and the writers laugh, cry, fidget with anxiety over the fate of the main characters . . .

To me, Roleplay is an art. Nothing less. I have found that if you want a good long term rp that truly pulls on someone's heartstrings and makes the writers excited to return every time to concoct a reply, the general focus is not the romance, the violence, or winning. This isn't a game because there's no dice. Romance needs to be treated as a side effect and the conflict a plot point.

I have returned time and time again, craving something that seems so out of reach that after spending a month or two searching for it, I leave because it seems there isn't anyone who shares this passion and view. And yet I return because I wish to experience that potential I see in it.

I have created antagonists, protagonists, worlds, concepts, backstories, and failed because I have slipped so hard down a hill focusing on what should have been a side effect or because it turns out our general goal is forcing a relationship to brew between characters . . . the shallowness of these directions has left me disappointed and aching for more.

Roleplay works depending on whether or not you and the other person/people share the same idea. And I don't mean the concept or the rough plot, I mean the philosophy behind the roleplay in question. What is your goal? Is it the same as mine?

Because I see Roleplay as Creative Collaborative Writing, I treat it like that and apply everything I ever learned about creative writing, ie; show and don't tell, no Mary Sues, no OP characters, the protagonist must be able to lose and struggle before gaining success. This is just a small piece of the whole I bare in mind when writing.

I'm glad that in coming back to peruse the site again that I found this thread. I really needed to get this off my chest.

I've enjoyed writing ever since I was in the fourth or fifth grade, so I believe it's only natural that I only got into forum RPs. One of my favorite things about forum RPs is being able to live vicariously through the characters I play. I also get to immerse myself in fandoms I enjoy the most, and place myself in a world that I love.

Roleplaying for me is being able to write a story with someone else. It helps me to gain ideas for when I want to solo write but also to help someone else be creative at the end of the day.

To me, roleplay is a way to do some creative writing that's vastly more entertaining than regular writing. All thanks to the human factor — I love getting surprised by my writing partners, whether by something major (e.g. engaging plot points or unconventional themes) or minor (e.g. character quirks or interesting descriptions). Plus, I've been on-and-off roleplaying on forums since I was 13, I think? It might be a case of "you can take a dude out of roleplaying, but can't take the roleplaying out of a dude" by now.

Back
Top Bottom